Player Discussion Troy Stecher, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Love the dynamic he brings on the PP.
Quick crisp passes that kept the PK shifting and off their set positions up top.
Walks the line.. Constantly forcing the D to shift their angles...
Hope it continues.

So what kinda contract do we have with Stretchy? Seriously what a find. Gotta give props to the dope Benning on this one

Haven't you heard?
Stecher was from BC who only wanted to sign with Canucks and his agent had to convince Benning to even offer an ELC.. so Benning had nothing to do with it.

Or something like that.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I remember watching him in pre-season and thinking "man, this kid thinks he's still in college. He's in for an awakening when the real season starts." :laugh:

He plays in the NHL like it's nothing; just so much confidence right now.

Really?
When I watched him in the preseason I was like " Man, he's good. Like really good, if he gets send down I'll break down..."

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
So what kinda contract do we have with Stretchy? Seriously what a find. Gotta give props to the dope Benning on this one

Jimbo HAS to be good at something to have made it as far as he's been career-wise.

The smart man would have the necessary self-awareness of recognize his own limitations and step aside for someone that can do the job better.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
He's completely blown my expectations out of the water and hasn't showed much sign of slowing down.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great start for him. Another example of how the defensemen that can skate can contribute extremely quickly at the NHL level, while it takes the guys with average skating a bit longer. We've seen in a bunch of them here in the last few years with Corrado, Hutton, and now Stecher. It actually makes me even more impressed with Tryamkin being able to adjust quicker.

I did see him a handful of times while watching Boeser last year and I did really like him, though I did not see this coming.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Not defensively.

Keith has quite a bit of snarl, and can be strong in the corners.

The defensive corners is the only area I have to clench a little tighter if the opposition is cycling on Stecher.

I think snarl could come with experience. He's a wide-eyed rookie as of right now.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I agree, snarl will come with experience. He played with tones of intensity in North Dakota, Troy's a tough cookie.

One thing you guys haven't seen is that Troy's a big game player. I honestly was a little surprised he lost the NCAA frozen 4 MVP to Cagguilla last season. IIRC it was the game against Min Duluth he absolutely put the team on his back and won.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I agree, snarl will come with experience. He played with tones of intensity in North Dakota, Troy's a tough cookie.

One thing you guys haven't seen is that Troy's a big game player. I honestly was a little surprised he lost the NCAA frozen 4 MVP to Cagguilla last season. IIRC it was the game against Min Duluth he absolutely put the team on his back and won.

Need one from him tonight on the PP.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Let's talk more about Troy Stecher.

He's just about the only reason I'm even tuning in to the games right now. Just oozes confidence and ability...he's got that thing about him. He's making stuff happen when he's out there. Okay sure. He makes mistakes sometimes. He gets pushed around a bit here and there due to his size. But damn I love his game. He's the only dman we have with a good shot. Literally the only one. Edler used to, but now he's a complete shinguard assassin.

And for once, it's nice to be able to say Benning and co did something that I unconditionally support and applaud: sign Troy Stecher. This was a good move made by our management team, and I say that without any qualification whatsoever. And I really want to be able to say that more often than I do.

Go Troy!

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
8 SOG is impressive... I wish more Canucks defensemen shot the puck more often. Could be the team's first true power play quarterback since the days of Jeff Brown.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Him and Bo are the main reaches why I even bother watching. His talent and confidence is something this team needs more of throughout the lineup.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad