Player Discussion Troy Stecher, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Surely there isn't anyone left in this fanbase-- even Benning apologists--who would still deny that if they weren't mired in cap hell with contracts for guys like Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, Baertschi, Myers etc. etc........that they still would have willingly let Markstrom, Tanev, Tofoli and Stecher all walk.

That's the only thing that gets me. Character players sacrificed for a group of god-awful contracts that are like an anvil around the ankles of a drowning man.

Reactions: I am toxic

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
When you outscore the other team 15-5 when you're on the ice, it's probably a decent cue that you're doing a good job.

See my other post for the rest of my comments. Stecher was excellent in the playoffs. Period. Full stop.
i agree. I thought he was a steal for his role and was a nice complement for Edler and the fact that Myers has to be downplayed when he's having another one of those off games we pray don't become more prevalent.

I thought he was a no brainer signing especially when he would have been open to re negotiating at something just below his current deal.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It’s not though, there are a million other factors. The offense was not driven through the defenseman at all that series, so him being on the ice didn’t have that much to do with it...Also, I have no idea how you thought Stecher was excellent all playoffs, he was exposed when Myers went down and he had to play top 4 minutes. Very exposed. He’s a solid third pairing guy. Period.

He had 1 poor game in the first game after Myers went down to confirm the expected narrative, then rattled off 9 straight very good games in a row.

If you think he was 'very exposed', I'm sorry but you have no idea what you were watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad