News Article: Troy Mann relieved of duties.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Exactly. What "source" is going to leak this other than the Sens organization directly when they see the backlash?

I have zero trust in this organization and this management group. That people are taking what they leak without critically examining it after years of lies and bullshit is absolutely astounding to me.
LOL, what backlash? You think the average fan knows anything about the coaching staff in Belleville or even gives two shits about the head coach of the AHL affiliate?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I mean, "sens prescouting material" wouldn't be about your own team... Would it?
Have no clue, not sure how a guy would share prescouting materials to another team without absolute malice and or idiocy.

Had no clue he was on a podcast a few days ago, could be something as small as what he said in that, or not getting permission. We're never going to get an answer, so it will be a talking point whether warranted or not.

Either way, will likely cause a stir and leave lots unanswered.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Have no clue, not sure how a guy would share prescouting materials to another team without absolute malice and or idiocy.

Had no clue he was on a podcast a few days ago, could be something as small as what he said in that, or not getting permission.

Either way, will likely cause a stir and leave lots unanswered.
Can't think of anything he said on coming in hot that would result in this, he shared more on other shows in the past,

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Can't think of anything he said on coming in hot that would result in this, he shared more on other shows in the past,
No I wouldn't think so, without listening.

Regardless, if we take the Hanna tweet at it's word, it says he gave it to another NHL team.

Hard to take the Sens front office serious, but can't imagine a scenario where Trent would allow that to happen without some clear merit.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Regardless, if we take the Hanna tweet at it's word, it says he gave it to another NHL team.

Hard to take the Sens front office serious, but can't imagine a scenario where Trent would allow that to happen without some clear merit.
Yeah, it's bizarre if Troy did what he's accused of, and it's bizarre that the team believes they can make that accusation if he didn't, nothing adds up here...

R2010

May 23, 2011

hmm

1675440921851.png

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Probably because it has absolutely nothing to do with that. It's the same people posting the same ludicrous derisions towards the people they hate in this organization, regardless of the circumstances. Melnyk was the easy target when he was alive and now it's Dorion and DJ. They'll argue in circles to blame Dorion because he's "dumb" or "incompetent" or "malicious" or whatever, because that's their preferred explanation and it makes them feel good for some reason.

More importantly, and factually, Bowness is the GM of Belleville, and making changes to the coaching staff would fall under his responsibilities.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

DJ heard that coach say all we do is scramble and have no structure and he knew right then and there there was a mole.

If that source is accurate, wouldn't something like that make it really hard for him to get another gig at the AHL or NHL level? Seems like a really stupid thing to do.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Also. Why does our Belleville coach have the Ottawa pre scouting materials lol. I like tot junk he mission impossibled them.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Probably because it has absolutely nothing to do with that. It's the same people posting the same ludicrous derisions towards the people they hate in this organization, regardless of the circumstances. Melnyk was the easy target when he was alive and now it's Dorion and DJ. They'll argue in circles to blame Dorion because he's "dumb" or "incompetent" or "malicious" or whatever, because that's their preferred explanation and it makes them feel good for some reason.

More importantly, and factually, Bowness is the GM of Belleville, and making changes to the coaching staff would fall under his responsibilities.
If this were just a performance issue, it would be a Bowness call, but we're getting reports that suggest it's deeper than that, so I'm not sure it's as simple as saying this falls under Bowness' responsibilities.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
If this were just a performance issue, it would be a Bowness call, but we're getting reports that suggest it's deeper than that, so I'm not sure it's as simple as saying this falls under Bowness' responsibilities.
Well if he did what they say he did, then it's an instant firing. No need for too much brain power to be spent on that decision.

If he didn't do what they said he did, his brother wouldn't be ok with them saying this stuff knowing this is most likely the end of his career in professional hockey with that kind of accusation hanging out there.

If the reason Hanna provided is purely speculation and he was actually fired for poor performance (whether we agree or disagree on that assessment), then it was Bowness' decision as the GM of Belleville.

I'm still not seeing the part where Dorion is firing him as retribution for going on a podcast or whatever other theories some people are hallucinating in to this thread.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, it's bizarre if Troy did what he's accused of, and it's bizarre that the team believes they can make that accusation if he didn't, nothing adds up here...
Yeah it’s strange. Mann isn’t an idiot, far from it. And he seems like the least likely person to do something to hurt his own and or others careers.

The story is going to be taking more turns than a game of Guess Who.

Reactions: DrEasy

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Love it.

Can't fault the guy after being threatened that he'd be "buried" by the old asshole boss.
For the life of me I can't understand the love some have for Wallace. He was barely an average reporter during his time on TSN and his podcast now is basically unlistenable. Why do some of you lionize him so much? He spends all his time like a jilted ex drinking at a bar waiting to get an audience from anyone within earshot who'll listen.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
For the life of me I can't understand the love some have for Wallace. He was barely an average reporter during his time on TSN and his podcast now is basically unlistenable. Why do some of you lionize him so much? He spends all his time like a jilted ex drinking at a bar waiting to get an audience from anyone within earshot who'll listen.

yea i cant stand the guy. can tell he thinks insanely highly of himself and it oozes through when he talks.

to each there own tho. def not for me.

Reactions: Ouroboros

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
LOL, what backlash? You think the average fan knows anything about the coaching staff in Belleville or even gives two shits about the head coach of the AHL affiliate?

They've been talking about it nonstop all morning on TSN1200 and it is all over Sens Twitter. But sure, keep shilling.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yorkie condradicting Wallace! Drama on the podcast next!?! :sarcasm:

Did Wallace say the interview got him fired? Thought he was just saying he didn't believe he leaked anything to another NHL team.

Interview definitely had nothing to do with the firing, listening to it now in my office.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is this the only place you frequent? It’s the *main* talking point on the teams official radio show.

A TSN reporter leaked news about it from an inside source.

Darren dreger has reported OTHER Teams GMs reactions to it.

Twitter is talking about it.

Sorry. It’s a deal. Whether you like it or not. Not sure why you wouldn’t? It’s just a bit of fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad