News Article: Troy Mann relieved of duties.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
that is a good explanation as well.

either way it makes the most sense if the leak came from someone in the Senators org and someone high enough so that Hanna would trust them and put her own reputation and career on the line.
It only makes sense that it came from within the team and by the team if you can zero in on how they benefit from that information

Maybe focus on explaining that

When Dorion’s gone, who will be the next guy to focus the fan base hate on?
Chabot says hello

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It only makes sense that it came from within the team and by the team if you can zero in on how they benefit from that information

Maybe focus on explaining that
one explanation is that

we all know that Dorion is a bit emotional, insecure, and rash. there is primary source for this.

so Dorion abruptly fires a very well loved coach by players, staff, and fans, that catches everyone by surprise. The whole hockey world is wondering what is happening in Ottawa and with its management. and this while Dorion will soon be fired and will have to fight for his future career.

and then its conveniently leaked that that Mann may have been sabotaging the team, which would put the blame squarely on Mann and not on managements direction.

I think its reasonable to think that someone like Dorion who is facing the pressures he currently is would do something like this.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I'm lucky and work for myself and dedicate one of my fours screens to HF cuz im a hockey nerd.

anyway my point is that you're taking this personally for no reason. we're talking about a bunch of grown men wacking a puck.

i post here for fun, you seem to be annoyed to be here.
Says the guy constantly doom spiralling. Take a break, install an extension that blacks out HFB for you throughout the day, do some mindfulness exercises, anything that lessens this burden that you're always carrying like an 800lb block on your back. It might be good for your mental health if you weren't always in here dreaming up the most insane and hyperbolic negativities and then turning them into your reality.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
one explanation is that

we all know that Dorion is a bit emotional, insecure, and rash. there is primary source for this.

so Dorion abruptly fires a very well loved coach by players, staff, and fans, that catches everyone by surprise. The whole hockey world is wondering what is happening in Ottawa and with its management. and this while Dorion will soon be fired and will have to fight for his future career.

and then its conveniently leaked that that Mann may have been sabotaging the team, which would put the blame squarely on Mann and not on managements direction.

I think its reasonable to think that someone like Dorion who is facing the pressures he currently is would do something like this.
I think you should focus on your other 3 monitors for awhile. This one's apparently making you a little squirrelly

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Says the guy constantly doom spiralling. Take a break, install an extension that blacks out HFB for you throughout the day, do some mindfulness exercises, anything that lessens this burden that you're always carrying like an 800lb block on your back. It might be good for your mental health if you weren't always in here dreaming up the most insane and hyperbolic negativities and then turning them into your reality.
I think you should focus on your other 3 monitors for awhile. This one's apparently making you a little squirrelly

this is you guys projecting. 30k people died in turkey while getting ready for work, there's a war going on. you think talking about a guy who judges a kids game makes me squirrely? its on you guys that my posting bothers you so much.

and im not doom spiraling. go back to my posts about Stutzle and Sanderson before and when they were drafted. I was the most bullish one here, and all I talk about how its only up after Dorion gets fired which is a month or two away.

how is that doom spiraling? fresh roses ahead.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It only takes one rogue/wronged/upset/delusional employee to send an organization into a frenzy. Something leaked by the Sens doesn't need to come from the top. Could have come from anywhere.

Look at Rachel Doerrie in Vancouver.

She very, very clearly broke her contract, was let go without cause (even though they had reason), and since then there has been about 20 things shared by her through the human rights tribunal, to paint the organization, and most directly those who earned her scorn (Emilie Castonguay) as monsters. We know they didn't like each other, and Castenguay was definitely prefectly happy getting her out of the org at her first chance.

Absolutely a possibility someone who felt wronged could have shared this as an F U to Mann and or the Sens.

Likely? Definitely don't think so, but I don't think it's any more/less likely than any other possible scenario in this extremely, extremely strange situation.

Mann sharing pre scouting material? Definitely doesn't seem likely, makes no sense. Still possible

Dorion creating a rumor to save himself? Definitely doesn't seem likely, makes no sense. Still possible

Wires crossed in the sharing of the info? Seems more likely than the former. Possible

Technical/contractual meaning of sharing pre scouting materials? Seems more likely than the former. Possible

Lower/mid level employee sharing something made up/lost in translation? Seems unlikely, though still possible.

It's such a strange, pretty much unheard of, reasoning for a firing in the NHL. Especially when you're fired without cause. Hard to not think that a teams beat report got information that she felt strong enough about to post was from someone close to the organization.

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I guess this is a question if you are inclined to think that people (or a group of people) need a foil. Why someone would think that people need a foil is perhaps the more interesting subject or question. Maybe its odd & ironic to fixate on what you think others are fixated on?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Hey man, when Donald Trump was President some reporters didn’t write a nice thing about him for 4 years because they just wrote about what they see. Same for me. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s an observation of continuing incompetence .

No, what I did was offer an alternative to show you that your assumption was not the only possibility, what I never did was claim it to be what happened, it was framed as a hypothetical specifically because i don't want anyone to think that is what happened but rather that there is more than one explanation to how things unfolded.

Being reasonable would be acknowledging that unlike you, I never presented anything as fact, and explicitly framed what I posted as purely hypothetical, but you're not doing that, instead your trying to frame me as the unreasonable one

What I suggested is the possibility that her standards aren't the same as Mendes, which doesn't even mean that she was irresponsible, I did not suggest that it was likely or factual. I actually started with saying the most likely scenario is Hanna does indead have solid sources and hence why she was willing to put it out there.

Again, you're twisting things to suit your narrative, seems to be a nasty habit for you.

Sure, Mendes may not have the same sources, He's pretty plugged in but people might have opted not to disclose what they knew after Hanna's tweet for fear of getting caught up in things.

If Mendes is afraid of getting caught up in things, I think that says everything you need to know about how hard the Ottawa is digging on the Troy Mann file / they are all pretending Hanna didn’t tweet what she did, including Claire Hanna.

Everyone’s goal is not to make the Sens look bad, but the Sens can’t stop themselves. They have to doo-doo their diaper every few months or it just wouldn’t be Pierre Dorion’s Senators

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hey man, when Donald Trump was President some reporters didn’t write a nice thing about him for 4 years because they just wrote about what they see. Same for me. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s an observation of continuing incompetence .

If Mendes is afraid of getting caught up in things, I think that says everything you need to know about how hard the Ottawa is digging on the Troy Mann file / they are all pretending Hanna didn’t tweet what she did, including Claire Hanna.

Everyone’s goal is not to make the Sens look bad, but the Sens can’t stop themselves. They have to doo-doo their diaper every few months or it just wouldn’t be Pierre Dorion’s Senators
What the hell are you even talking about... Do you even read posts you reply to before responding...

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It only takes one rogue/wronged/upset/delusional employee to send an organization into a frenzy. Something leaked by the Sens doesn't need to come from the top. Could have come from anywhere.

Look at Rachel Doerrie in Vancouver.

She very, very clearly broke her contract, was let go without cause (even though they had reason), and since then there has been about 20 things shared by her through the human rights tribunal, to paint the organization, and most directly those who earned her scorn (Emilie Castonguay) as monsters. We know they didn't like each other, and Castenguay was definitely prefectly happy getting her out of the org at her first chance.

Absolutely a possibility someone who felt wronged could have shared this as an F U to Mann and or the Sens.

Likely? Definitely don't think so, but I don't think it's any more/less likely than any other possible scenario in this extremely, extremely strange situation.

Mann sharing pre scouting material? Definitely doesn't seem likely, makes no sense. Still possible

Dorion creating a rumor to save himself? Definitely doesn't seem likely, makes no sense. Still possible

Wires crossed in the sharing of the info? Seems more likely than the former. Possible

Technical/contractual meaning of sharing pre scouting materials? Seems more likely than the former. Possible

Lower/mid level employee sharing something made up/lost in translation? Seems unlikely, though still possible.

It's such a strange, pretty much unheard of, reasoning for a firing in the NHL. Especially when you're fired without cause. Hard to not think that a teams beat report got information that she felt strong enough about to post was from someone close to the organization.
There's all kinds of possibilities including someone within the org with an axe to grind.

I just think that Dorion making it up and leaking it to Hanna thinking this would help save his job is entering into unhinged, tinfoil hat level thinking

Sure, anything is possible. There are delusional people lurking everywhere and anyone could have made up this rumor for any reason

In my line of work, I'm often assessing probabilities of events occurring. In the case of Dorion making it up and leaking it, I'd put that at the bottom of the pile, not worthy of consideration

What the hell are you even talking about... Do you even read posts you reply to before responding...
Sometimes I play a little game with myself when I see a post like this that is completely out of context

Can I guess who the poster is responding to? :)

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It doesn't have to be about Dorion saving his job... If Dorion had issues with Mann's obedience, towing the line for example.. then he could have spouted that out emotionally when asked about it .. why ... to try to ensure public support for the decision which was more than less the initial reaction....
Its only been since that initial emo reaction that more people question it because it has not been confirmed anywhere.

This is certainly not something anyone paying attention would say "Oh Dorion would never do that" lol

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It doesn't have to be about Dorion saving his job... If Dorion had issues with Mann's obedience, towing the line for example.. then he could have spouted that out emotionally when asked about it .. why ... to try to ensure public support for the decision which was more than less the initial reaction....
Its only been since that initial emo reaction that more people question it because it has not been confirmed anywhere.

This is certainly not something anyone paying attention would say "Oh Dorion would never do that" lol
Let's say that was the issue. Obedience. Towing the line. In employment terms that's typically called insubordination.

How would you release that information to the public?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Let's say that was the issue. Obedience. Towing the line. In employment terms that's typically called insubordination.

How would you release that information to the public?
I would not leak that he was providing pre-scouting info to other teams.

I think in the case mentioned the answer supplied by Bowness works.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The team has done nothing wrong with their message.

That makes sense, even if the optics don’t really mesh. Team wants to move on, so be it.

The only lingering issue is the tweet about leaking pre Scouting materials. That can only come from so many people to the lips of the Ottawa beat writer. And it’s not a small cliff note. It’s a gigantic accusation that absolutely warrants further investigation and questions.

Without the lingering question being answered, rumours are going to be making the rounds, for better or for worse.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The team has done nothing wrong with their message.

That makes sense, even if the optics don’t really mesh. Team wants to move on, so be it.

The only lingering issue is the tweet about leaking pre Scouting materials. That can only come from so many people to the lips of the Ottawa beat writer. And it’s not a small cliff note. It’s a gigantic accusation that absolutely warrants further investigation and questions.

Without the lingering question being answered, rumours are going to be making the rounds, for better or for worse.
The thing is, the only brief source of the rumour hasn’t said a thing about it since.

The thing has zero legs at the moment, if it ever had legs, and it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to touch it.

The team won’t dignify it with a response, and Hanna has clearly moved on.

I doubt we hear anything else about it to be honest. Even Troy doesn’t really have to defend himself to other teams through the media since it was always an unverified rumour, that didn’t come from the mouth of the team.

It has the look of popping off half cocked for clicks, which she also did with Batherson early on this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00