Confirmed with Link: Trouba to be named Captain as per Kevin Weekes

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
I just don’t know how it’s not Kreider or fox but I guess this means Trouba isn’t going anywhere, figured with our cap troubles one of Kreider Trouba panarin would be asked to waive no move next summer I guess we know who it won’t be
We trade captains don't we?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Fine with it. Guy gets a lot of crap, but he’s underrated and clearly the most vocal leader we have, based on what’s been said in interviews and what we see on the ice. Will be interesting to see how we navigate the cap in the future, but on a pure “pick the best option available” criteria, Trouba would be my pick as well.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Good choice. Clear Mika & Kreider are happy to be the A’s. Trouba will send a message on the ice one way or another if needed and he’s well respected in the room. I still think he could be moved down the road but trading him for cap space was always more of a fan made idea than actual reporting from anywhere trustworthy.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I like it but i have to say that if we're talking jersey sales a Kreider "C" jersey would have been more tempting to buy

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This is more important to the fans and media than the team IMO
Hank was the captain even while McD was wearing the C

I’m sure Kreider acted like a captain too

Ceremonial… but congrats

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Mika is not captain material. Great player but he's takes 30 games to pull his head out of his ass annually and gets shell shocked more easily than the other candidates. Kreider and Trouba would have both been good choices. Kreider probably leads more quietly than Trouba. This is a Callahan captaincy rather than a McDonagh captaincy. Trouba is the team rep to the NHLPA as well.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
All outward appearances from my seat was that it was weird Kreider didn't get it at least two years ago. But, we aren't "in the room" so what do we know?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
This is more important to the fans and media than the team IMO
Hank was the captain even while McD was wearing the C

I’m sure Kreider acted like a captain too

Ceremonial… but congrats
This has always been the case. The letters are mostly posturing for the fans and media, and obviously for talking with the officials during the game. Letters have no bearing on who's a leader in the locker room.

Reactions: mas0764 and Riche16

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The great thing about Trouba being named Captain is that you can STILL have Kreider being the leader type that he is.

They all seem to be on the same page so it's not like the decision is going to fracture the room into two distinct groups.

More folks pulling in the same direction is a GOOD thing.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think of all the players, Trouba is the least likely to have it affect his game. We've seen other players wilt a bit with the extra responsibility. That's not to say that Trouba won't, especially if things aren't going well, but if anyone can maintain the same level of play with or without the C, I think it's him.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I think of all the players, Trouba is the least likely to have it affect his game. We've seen other players wilt a bit with the extra responsibility. That's not to say that Trouba won't, especially if things aren't going well, but if anyone can maintain the same level of play with or without the C, I think it's him.
Good point ... Maybe it will help

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Like I said, I'm fine with Trouba but here's the thing I don't want

C- Trouba
A- Kreider
A- Zibanejad
A- Panarin
A- Goodrow
A- Fox
A- Trocheck
A- Shesterkin
A- Gallant
A- Strome
A- Jagr
A- Fitzy
A- Zamboni Guy

Just Kreider and Zibanejad.
Not enough A's.You also forgot to give Donnie an A

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
The right choice. Kreider and Fox strike me as McD/Leetch personalities. They are leaders, but not the "Captain" and I think the team noticed that. Let those players put up their points and play their game without worrying about being the leader or rallying the troops or whatever else. Trouba is a great choice and the right one for this locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad