Confirmed with Link: Trouba to be named Captain as per Kevin Weekes

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
As good a source as it gets.

And I'm sorry but anybody on this board saying oh no it should be Kreider.. I don't know how the hell any of us can have a fair opinion on that

We ain't in the room

The Rangers traded their captain in the midst of the best season they had since 1994 so this doesn't mean Trouba will never be traded

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Kreider seemed to me like he was auditioning for the role in every interview he did this season. Like he was method acting things he thought a captain would do. I'm not surprised it went to Trouba though and I kind of like it actually. For all his faults and his contract he is a mean mo**********.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I mean he is the biggest equivalent to Turk on the team. I don't know how anyone can complain about this decision. Its win-win. It won't be a burden on a skill guy. The Neanderthals get a captain that will throw a big hit or fight someone if needed. We've traded or yeeted every Captain out of town since Messier...and even he was let go to greener pastures.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Why lol. Wouldve thought for sure it would be zibby
SO glad it won't be Zib.
Love Zib. But not every great player, essential teammate is the right C
McD was trending as a top 10 league-wide D, and i will always believe the C was a distracting burden that impeded that arc.
Even Leetch, as C, wasn't maybe the best Leetch, the best fit.
I like the move, Trouba will be good at it, and let Zib, Bread, Kreids, Fox do their thing
As noted often, the next C after will likely be Laf, when having a handful of more seasons becoming his full NHL self

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If many here put aside their personal agenda, whether its this weird dislike for him or just that he is constantly looked at as cap relief, he is the right choice and this team could do a lot worse.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Not surprising, honestly. Despite what some say, he was our most consistent defenseman last season. If he weren't here our team would be brutal in the D zone. He also deserves a lot of credit for Miller's development. Clearly one of the vocal leaders. Kreids and Mika are too quiet.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
It’s the Rangers thinking short term like they do with everything. He probably is one of the two or three best options as we stand here today.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
two more “A”‘s need to be assigned to reach their quota of six.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
“To offset drop in jersey sales with the addition of the Cablevision advertisement on the chest, maybe we should give somebody the C.”

- Dolan, in the South of France

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I don’t love this (I don’t think Trouba always leads by example and he doesn’t strike me as a very intelligent guy), but the team just went through a long, grueling and intense playoff run.

Gallant and Drury probably learned a ton about the players on this team over those two months and saw all they needed to.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Can't wait to see his eloquent captain speeches from the wordsmith himself.
He speaks in hockey talk, just like the HC. Lets the play on ice provide most of the message

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Yup, really looks like management is looking to trade him. He was my 2nd choice at this time, Lafreniere will be captain when he's gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00