Injury Report: Trouba Out Until At Least February With Upper Body Injury

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
By that logic it would never be possible to invoke that emergency call-up clause. There is never a time when they can't find 7 warm bodies. It must be based on a number of injuries rather than the number left or use the 7 that started the season or something like that. TBH I wouldn't want to bring Morrissey in under these conditions

It's not supposed to be easy to recall a player from the CHL. It's meant for true emergencies. The way it's written the recall has to occur when your compliment of D man falls below 6. And you have to do it twice from the AHL first before a CHL callup is allowed. The fact that most teams carry 7 or 8 d most of the time is why it's so rare.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I love how these day to day's keep changing to month+ injuries. Never trusting Paul Maurice's updates on injuries again. :p:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Y'all closed the tank thread too early. Jets went into the season, woefully shallow on D and now its come back to haunt them. The sky is falling, they are done.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Y'all closed the tank thread too early. Jets went into the season, woefully shallow on D and now its come back to haunt them. The sky is falling, they are done.

Any team (even the best teams in the league) that loses 3 of their 4 top D for at least a month each are going to be haunted.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Any team (even the best teams in the league) that loses 3 of their 4 top D for at least a month each are going to be haunted.

Its normal to lose 3 or 4 D long term during a season, but yes I would agree that losing your 3 best is unusually bad luck.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Still have to play the games. Personally, I'll wait for that to happen before throwing in the towel.

arby18

Jun 12, 2010
Too late in the game to hope for the tank to return?

...........███ ]▄▄▄▄▄▃
..▂▄▅█████▅▄▃▂
[█████#McDavid█████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

:sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

...........███ ]▄▄▄▄▄▃
..▂▄▅█████▅▄▃▂
[█████#McDavid█████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

If we had about 8-10 less points, this would be a perfect soft tank scenario.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

...........███ ]▄▄▄▄▄▃
..▂▄▅█████▅▄▃▂
[█████#McDavid█████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Yes, the Oilers have stolen everyone's tanks

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
We are all men, grown men who can share their emotions

I feel like crying on Paul Maurice's shoulder. And he would say 'there there, Rob Brind'amour once told me that it's always darkest before the dawn'.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
im_not_even_mad_16.jpg

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Chairot - Byfuglien
Clitsome - Stuart
Pardy - Postma

I don't know how we're going to win with that D line up. No offense to any one individual, but as a group they leave a lot to be desired.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Maurice would make a terrible doctor.

Disembodied head: "How bad is it doc?"
Dr. Maurice: "Day to day."
Disembodied head: "But my head was severed by a machete!"
Dr. Maurice: "It's not as bad as it looks."
Disembodied head: "I can't feel my toes..."
Dr. Maurice: "We'll list you as probable for tonight's game. We can just mount your head on a toboggan and slide you out onto the ice."

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Maurice would make a terrible doctor.

Disembodied head: "How bad is it doc?"
Dr. Maurice: "Day to day."
Disembodied head: "But my head was severed by a machete!"
Dr. Maurice: "It's not as bad as it looks."
Disembodied head: "I can't feel my toes..."
Dr. Maurice: "We'll list you as probable for tonight's game. We can just mount your head on a toboggan and slide you out onto the ice."

Would be good at blocking shots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad