Injury Report: Trouba Out Until At Least February With Upper Body Injury

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Thats the million dollar question.

I dont think we are completely screwed, but we are getting very close to that point, IMO. We need a top 4 D man. We dont have ONE if you count Buff as a forward who is only playing down due to emergency. Ben Chariot is a top D man on this team :facepalm:

It is not easy to get a top 4 d-man. They are not cheap unless they are pushing 40 and by then few are still actually top 4. And if you pay the price it has to make sense once everyone is healthy. So it would need to be a LHD.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Thats the million dollar question.

I dont think we are completely screwed, but we are getting very close to that point, IMO. We need a top 4 D man. We dont have ONE if you count Buff as a forward who is only playing down due to emergency. Ben Chariot is a top D man on this team :facepalm:

Bit scary.

Wait till we play Boston, Minnesota, Chicago. Glad we went to Dallas and Colorado last week with Trouba eating big minutes.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
It is not easy to get a top 4 d-man. They are not cheap unless they are pushing 40 and by then few are still actually top 4. And if you pay the price it has to make sense once everyone is healthy. So it would need to be a LHD.

Oh I know. I dont think its actually possible to acquire one ATM as it would just hurt us in the long run. We trade a top forward and our already poor offense goes even more down hill. We trade a D man... well we cant because they are all out. A 1st rounder wouldn't be wise either.

We are a little hooped.

Bit scary.

Wait till we play Boston, Minnesota, Chicago. Glad we went to Dallas and Colorado last week with Trouba eating big minutes.

That will be very telling. If the team can find a way to win those game, then nothing can bring us down! :p:

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day.

At dawn ...look to the east

GANDALF!!!

Fly, you fools!

dynamic_resize

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's not supposed to be easy to recall a player from the CHL. It's meant for true emergencies. The way it's written the recall has to occur when your compliment of D man falls below 6. And you have to do it twice from the AHL first before a CHL callup is allowed. The fact that most teams carry 7 or 8 d most of the time is why it's so rare.

I know it isn't supposed to be easy. I do have a vague memory of it happening once or twice many years ago. We have 7 now including Buff. If Clitsome had not been activated would Buff count or would that have put us over the line? Not that I would want to bring Morrissey in under these circumstances anyway. Just curious. If Buff doesn't count then that would have left us with 5 including 2 AHL call-ups.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Its normal to lose 3 or 4 D long term during a season, but yes I would agree that losing your 3 best is unusually bad luck.

And to have it all at once. One guy out for a month and then another and so on is more common. Usually a little overlap here or there but this is unusual.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maurice would make a terrible doctor.

Disembodied head: "How bad is it doc?"
Dr. Maurice: "Day to day."
Disembodied head: "But my head was severed by a machete!"
Dr. Maurice: "It's not as bad as it looks."
Disembodied head: "I can't feel my toes..."
Dr. Maurice: "We'll list you as probable for tonight's game. We can just mount your head on a toboggan and slide you out onto the ice."

You stole that from Monty Python but I'll give you full marks anyway (all comics steal material). :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Would be good at blocking shots

That might even be original. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Its all doom and gloom and depression around here....

Its OK, you didn't know ...... but ..... well, how could you?
You see we've .... well we've had some rather bad news. It isn't your fault you just happened to walk in on the middle of it. Our newborn play-off hopes died. Just like that .... no warning, nothing. Gone. Sigh. :cry:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He's the new Bogosian :shakehead

People around here are funny. Defenseman get hurt more then forwards because they are continually putting themselves in harms way. If you want your defense to sacrifice themselves in the tough areas and block shots injuries will happen. I guess we could be pretty much injury free if we had 6 defenders float around the edges. Of course we would be in the McDavid sweepstakes, but by god we would be injury free.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I remember somebody saying in late October/early November "gee golly it sure is great we don't have any injuries we are so lucky"

Bad luck. Nothing to be done about these sort of things. At least our forwards are all still there.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
... a panic trade when we are in a difficult situation suggests that we are likely going to get poor value in a trade. I think that Chevy needs to hold firm and realize that it's best to ride this out. If he makes a big trade, it should be from a position of strength.
I don't want to tank, but I'd rather finish out of the playoffs this season, rather than trade away our playoff hopes for the next several years.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
...my guess, they thought he didn't have a major injury, then got the MRI results back and discovered that he had a cracked bone (wonder if it was a forearm from a blocked shot). I seriously doubt that Maurice knew he was gone for several weeks and told the media and fans that he was "probable".
This sounds right. His 'rest' from practice was probably when he went to get the MRI, as they take a while to perform...then 'surprise-surprise'.
This also sounds a bit like the Enstrom sequence of events.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Probably a wrist then. Those can be tricky to heal up. I had a similar injury and was able to play through it for awhile but you can tweak it and it will just go dead on you

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Probably a wrist then. Those can be tricky to heal up. I had a similar injury and was able to play through it for awhile but you can tweak it and it will just go dead on you

He was playing like a beast with a wonky wrist? I'd like to see him completely healthy! :)

Also, please let's not trade any of our futures for a Dman. With the current hockey we are playing, I think we can still muddle through. We are doing a great team job of filling in holes. Playing simple hockey and minimizing mistakes.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He was playing like a beast with a wonky wrist? I'd like to see him completely healthy! :)

Also, please let's not trade any of our futures for a Dman. With the current hockey we are playing, I think we can still muddle through. We are doing a great team job of filling in holes. Playing simple hockey and minimizing mistakes.

Yesterday's game was great but that D isn't going to hold up against a stronger team. I don't want any panic trades but if Chevy can get some help for a low price, like a 4th liner or late round picks I would be happy with that. If he pays more and gets a player who will be an upgrade when the injured players get back, like a 2LHD I would be happy with that.

Don't go thinking that everything will be roses and rainbows as soon as these 3 get back. There will likely be other injuries before the season is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad