Injury Report: Trouba Out Until At Least February With Upper Body Injury

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky 4m4 minutes ago
Maurice says Jacob Trouba will be out of the lineup until at least Feb with upper body injury #NHLJets #TSN

:cry:

What the heck happened to him? Injury during last game? Did anyone see anything?

So we're stuck playing a forward at D (yeah, I know - just stating this for dramatic purposes ;)), and 5 #5-7 D-men? Oy. :(

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Huh!!!!! I was at the game and didn't see him get hurt. Did this happen in practice or the gym maybe?

Either way this sucks. Down our top 3 defenders is going to be really rough!

Edit: This likely puts a dagger in our playoff push. :s.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Even as a Wild fan I feel sorry for the Jets. Unbelievable injuries on D.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So long playoff push. ****. 3/4 of your top D out. Enstrom out another 2 weeks, Bogo 4, Trouba 6-8. If we didn't have Buff, our D would be hella bad.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Darn.
Morrissey please

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
If losing your top 3 defensemen for literally months doesn't fit the criteria for an emergency call up for Josh Morrissey, what does?

Nooooooooooooo WJC!

Honestly, we need to find out if Buff wants to stay here now and if not, trade him for picks and young players. Maybe even consider Kane. And just tank this year out. Are we even at Oiler level defense now?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
**** this

Is this to do with his neck?

Say what you want about the Jets lack of depth but no team in the NHL should expect to have success with their 3 top D going down (not including Buff who was on F at the beginning of the year)

If they get through this unscathed it will be remarkable. I'm just sick with this news.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think it's a bit early to call for the tank. Our defensive systems are better (better forward support, simpler d-zone system, etc.), and Enstrom and Bogo are both coming back in 2-4 weeks. I think we can hold the fort, especially if Chevy can bolster the D.

Good time to trade Thorbs and Slater, and call up Cormier and Klinger. Win-win! ;)

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If losing your top 3 defensemen for literally months doesn't fit the criteria for an emergency call up for Josh Morrissey, what does?

We still have players in the AHL.

Until the AHL is decimated with injuries Morrissey won't be a consideration.

Anyways... we're boned. The hockey gods have taken a giant dump on our season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->