Eklund Rumor: Trouba - Leafs, Boston & Wings

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Doesn't that sort of make any Trouba trade lateral?

What's the deal with Myers...is he just never going to play a full season again?

Myers injury is a complete unknown. LBI unrelated to his hip surgery is all we have been told. No estimated date of return so far.

I disagree with most other Jets fans on a Trouba trade. I would be happy with prospects providing they are the right prospects. First choice would be 1 player + 1 prospect. We are not going far this year anyway.

Gardner + that someone mentioned would not be a perfect fit but would get my attention.

Boston could put together a package I would like.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As much as I'd like Trouba on the Leafs, I don't really see a trade that works for both sides. Leafs likely won't let go of Nylander/Marner which I feel the Jets would ask for.

And the Jets probably won't accept a Gardiner+Kapanen package which I could see being offered.

Obviously Matthews isn't going to be traded to anyone for anything.

That leaves pieces of value on the Leafs as:

Marner
Nylander
Gardiner
Kapanen
Kadri
Reilly

I see nothing else of interest that might be valued by the Jets as any return for Trouba or Trouba+.

(JVR has value, just nothing to the Jets)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Being realist here, MAF would never agree to waive his NMC for a team that's not going anywhere this year. I only see MAF waiving for team that has a chance to win the cup this year. And that's not Winnipeg.

Also why trade for MAF when you can get Halak for free. It makes no sense.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=81697&blogger_id=1

Eklund creating clicks again, in the past all three teams have been linked to showing significant interest in Trouba by multi sources.....not just Eklund.

If you believe the player & agent playing in Canada is no problem for Trouba.

Let's hear those low ball offers. Let's make it interesting, no players on the Jets are unavailable just some are much less likely to available. Creates bigger conversations and bigger possible deals (linked to Trouba). Quality for quality......don't bother offering a bunch of meh pieces for a great piece.....those posts never help a thread.

Less start by reminding people Jets aren't overly interested in picks as any main piece of a trade. Picks can be added as minor pluses to even out trades of course.

I'm bored and on holidays.....need something to read. Interested in Buff? Wheeler? Little? Laine? Ehlers? Other smaller pieces? Let's hear those crazy offers. Should include Trouba as part of package. Should be fun/amusing to read this.

I thought Trouba only wanted to play in the States? Knocking Toronto and other Canadian cities out. Eklund just threw the Leafs in there for clicks.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I thought Trouba only wanted to play in the States? Knocking Toronto and other Canadian cities out. Eklund just threw the Leafs in there for clicks.

Agent and Trouba both said Canadian locations aren't an issue......if you believe them.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Myers injury is a complete unknown. LBI unrelated to his hip surgery is all we have been told. No estimated date of return so far.

I disagree with most other Jets fans on a Trouba trade. I would be happy with prospects providing they are the right prospects. First choice would be 1 player + 1 prospect. We are not going far this year anyway.

Gardner + that someone mentioned would not be a perfect fit but would get my attention.

Boston could put together a package I would like.

Gardiner + might be available, our best D prospects are all LHD and at least a couple of them have top 4 upside...those aren't ready for an NHL top 4 workload though

we might be making a hole to fill another, but I guess we're building towards 2-5 years down the road too so I'd think hard about this if it were on the table

what would you be looking for in the +?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
It has to be a d-man coming back. The emergence of Morrissey means that it doesn't have to absolutely be a LHD.

Ideally a expansion exempt D yes, but doesn't have to be a D IMO assuming Myers recovers.

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
Trouba sounds like Trouble.

Don't want him, he might have a bad attitude...and we just spent a season and a half stripping all of that **** out of our locker room. We practically gave Kessel to Pittsburgh to get rid of it.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario

I really don't see why somebody wouldn't want to play in Toronto right now. If you were the main guy under scrutiny I could understand but the media would probably rarely even ask to talk to him with Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Rielly in the spotlight. It's not like he'd be in a Kessel situation.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Gardiner + might be available, our best D prospects are all LHD and at least a couple of them have top 4 upside...those aren't ready for an NHL top 4 workload though

we might be making a hole to fill another, but I guess we're building towards 2-5 years down the road too so I'd think hard about this if it were on the table

I don't think Winnipeg is interested in a Gardiner + deal for Trouba. I also don't think Toronto is a good match with Winnipeg for Trouba.

Let's just forget it was ever a consideration and move on.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
MAF is just plain dumb rumour, Freidman must of been drunk or high at the moment.

Lol...i agree. I don't see a deal with TO for Trouba. I want to add to Rielly/Gardiner/Zaitsev, and Matthews/Marner/Nylander are probably a nogo. That doesen't leave much.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I don't think Winnipeg is interested in a Gardiner + deal for Trouba. I also don't think Toronto is a good match with Winnipeg for Trouba.

Let's just forget it was ever a consideration and move on.

Let's let Mortimer Snerd (the WPG fan who said he was interested in a Gardiner+ proposal) respond, shall we?

I understand that Gardiner isn't of interest for some WPG fans (not sure why), but apparently he is of interest to others - their opinions are valid too

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Fleury isn't...good. not like the Jets have any better now, but he's a guy zero teams should want to trade for.

Best case, you get one good bounce back year out of him with question marks after that.

The guy certainly had his parts on those Bylsma Pens teams that dissappointed after their cup win (where Fleury was great. In 07)

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Obviously Matthews isn't going to be traded to anyone for anything.

That leaves pieces of value on the Leafs as:

Marner
Nylander
Gardiner
Kapanen
Kadri
Reilly

I see nothing else of interest that might be valued by the Jets as any return for Trouba or Trouba+.

(JVR has value, just nothing to the Jets)

only 2 pieces I would move for Trouba out of those listed are Gardiner and Kap.

As long as there is a shot at Tanev I have less than zero interest in Trouba.
IMO Tanev is a better player and 100% fits into our top 4.
Plus to get Trouba we would have to take away from our top 4. I think we can get Tanev with JVR+ or a strong pkg or futures say our top 3 protected 1st+Kap+Lepsic.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Not sure how to finish that deal. I like Gardiner but he needs exp protection. You don't have a D prospect sufficient to fill it out. The F's we would want would be too expensive. '17 1st? Probably 10-20 in a weak draft class so not sure it has the value. Not interested in making it up with a bunch of lesser pieces.

If I take a roundabout approach to the expansion issue I think of getting Gardiner plus a piece that LV would likely take. That saves us from losing one of our good F's who we can't protect. That has the same effect as if Gardiner was exempt. That might be a way to squeeze the value out. Not sure who that might be from Leafs.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Let's let Mortimer Snerd (the WPG fan who said he was interested in a Gardiner+ proposal) respond, shall we?

I understand that Gardiner isn't of interest for some WPG fans (not sure why), but apparently he is of interest to others - their opinions are valid too

I can understand WPG fans wanting a 1 for 1 trade. The problem is finding another team that is willing to actually give up an equal defenceman who plays on the left side. Otherwise you are looking at proposals like 1D + 1F for Trouba.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Trouba sounds like Trouble.

Don't want him, he might have a bad attitude...and we just spent a season and a half stripping all of that **** out of our locker room. We practically gave Kessel to Pittsburgh to get rid of it.

There's never been any indication that Trouba is an issue in the locker room or outside of it. He was welcomed back with open arms. The only issue was a contract dispute which is no longer an issue for the next 2 years at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: