Proposal: Trouba for Maatta

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I wouldn't want an unhappy player on my team! Lends itself to all kinds of potential controversy. Also, I feel his value ,all things considered ( and there are many considerations here) goes down from here on in. How many teams are seriously in the mix for him? How many of those want to negotiate with him/agent? His play could suffer,injuries are a thing! Chevy needs to move the problem child now!
You keep repeating the same crap over and over. I guess you believe if you repeat it enough it has to come true.

For your own sanity, lower your expectations. Chevy isn't going to get taken to the cleaners if he decides to trade Trouba. He'll in fact get excellent value for him.

Your dream of getting Trouba for a 7th aren't going to happen. Just deal with it.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Apr 9, 2009
USA
TIL people haven't seen Maatta play for over a year.

I think the Pens would have to add, but there are some real gems in this thread.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Would the Pens have cap space to sign him (Trouba)

That would be something they could figure out... but in the short term they wouldn't even have the cap space to do that deal 1-1. And they do not really have any bad contracts that they could jetson either.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Wasn't complaining after the holdout 2 years ago. Caused no controversy until Overhart got involved after the season in arbitration. He has been the opposite of a problem child.
If he gets a career ending injury that could happen to any player. In this case the Jets lose only a good player or the return they could have recieved but he's lost his livelyhood while leaving millions offered by the Jets because his agent figured he could chisel out another nickle (& up his own take). Even if non career ending if his play suffers he loses the most.
Chevy takes a calculated risk but odds are in his favor since Wpg. gets a top 2 D @ lesser cost than they offered even if only for 1 year. In the meantime Trouba is comptetive so will give his all which actually should increase his trade value.
I was thinking he is more valuable now because of RFA status,assuming the next team sees the two year window as valuable in some way . As time goes on that window closes. All signs say Trouba wants out,that alone would motivate me to trade him. The potential for negative aspects to arise is too great. And what Gm wants to deal with that agent? It's not like Trouba is an all-star.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You keep repeating the same crap over and over. I guess you believe if you repeat it enough it has to come true.

For your own sanity, lower your expectations. Chevy isn't going to get taken to the cleaners if he decides to trade Trouba. He'll in fact get excellent value for him.

Your dream of getting Trouba for a 7th aren't going to happen. Just deal with it.
Well how about an example of 'excellent value'then. Like who do you think he will bring back? So far not one Jets fan has said who they expect back! I have no stake in this,it's just reasoning out that Trouba isn't in as much demand or as valuable as some Jets fans think!
Your faith in Chevy is baseless! Just like your exageration of him getting a 7th...not what I proposed.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I think 99% of this board underestimates Olli Maatta based on his injury ridden past, which does not correctly represent the player.

A huge percentage of the Pens board underestimates Maatta, so it shouldn't really be a surprise that others do as well. Maatta's game looks rough - usually due to him occasionally getting beat with speed and the puck ending up in the back of his net. But if you look at the raw numbers, he's incredibly effective when he's on the ice - something that most do not see when they're watching him.

That said... Pittsburgh would almost certainly be adding, unless for some reason Winnipeg really valued Maatta's contract and cost certainty.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't see two players who are "worlds apart". There's a difference for sure, but it's not a major one. And i think it's a difference which will disappear next season, since Olli has had another healthy summer of training.

When you take in account the cost difference between these two players...

I don't think so - Maatta will still have to really fight for icetime and offensive chances with the very deep blueline Pittsburgh has.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Why would Pittsburgh even want Trouba? Don’t they have letang and Shultz at RD?

I think the idea would then be to move Letang. Not really sure that's a great idea unless one can get a pretty good return for Letang or Schultz.

Bull****.

You clearly did not look up ZSR, because Trouba started in the o-zone 48% of the time while Maatta started in the o-zone 55.5%.

Every single one of Pittsburgh's top 4 spends a significant amount of time in the OZ. Probably has something to do with Pittsburgh being #5 in SAT% last season. In fact Pittsburgh only had 2 blueliners below 50% OZ starts and only 3 blueliners below 54%. All 3 played less than 50 games, and spent significant time as a healthy scratch or only spent part of the season with the team (Hunwick, Oleksiak and Cole).

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
and you wonder why people don't take advanced stats as gospel....I don't need to look at a sheet to determine that Trouba is much better than Maatta.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Maatta has found his game over the past couple seasons, but no. Trouba is on another level. No reason for the Jets to consider this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad