Proposal: Trouba for Maatta

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
I don't agree with the trade, but Määttä is already easily a 2nd pairing dman, and can play on the top pairing too.
I’d say a solid number 3-4 dman. If Pens had better/healthy defense he definitely wouldn’t play on the top pair.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
You are underselling Trouba and overselling Maatta.
Nah, i think there's a difference there. Trouba is slightly better. But the trade would not be terrible and would be pretty close to what you're gonna get for Trouba. Maatta also got into his old groove last season, after finally having a healthy summer. I think 99% of this board underestimates Olli Maatta based on his injury ridden past, which does not correctly represent the player.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Nah, i think there's a difference there. Trouba is slightly better. But the trade would not be terrible and would be pretty close to what you're gonna get for Trouba. Maatta also got into his old groove last season, after finally having a healthy summer. I think 99% of this board underestimates Olli Maatta based on his injury ridden past, which does not correctly represent the player.
The talent difference is very much in Trouba’s favor. It really isn’t very close.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
The talent difference is very much in Trouba’s favor. It really isn’t very close.

Trouba:
bc4c28cd33e08a712333f3aa98d717a5.png

Maatta:
322f586930eb356af50d56a7434f0ad4.png

I don't see two players who are "worlds apart". There's a difference for sure, but it's not a major one. And i think it's a difference which will disappear next season, since Olli has had another healthy summer of training.

When you take in account the cost difference between these two players...

Last edited:

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
Can’t see the Jets doing this. To me Trouba is a much better player.

You are forgetting that Troubas value has been going down unless Jets can sign and trade him. I dont even see Pens making this deal without first getting his name on new deal since Määttä is on cheap deal and Trouba would not be that much of a upgrade compared to Määttä. Big risk for alot teams unless they are not really desperate to get him. Maybe Oilers but then again you would be looking at trading Trouba for Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad