Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Michael Grosso ‏*********** 4h4 hours ago

Hearing Jets and Trouba's camp have been talking a lot recently in order to get a contract done but problem is with $$. (1/2)
One source said if he doesn't get the money he (Trouba) wants, he will demand for a trade before the season starts. (2/2)

Interesting

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Personally I think Trouba compares himself to his old partner Seth Jones and wants at least as much as Seth got or more. Does he get it?

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg

Hearing Jets and Trouba's camp have been talking a lot recently in order to get a contract done but problem is with $$. (1/2)
One source said if he doesn't get the money he (Trouba) wants, he will demand for a trade before the season starts. (2/2)

Another Trouba for JVR rumour? Based on his twitter account - zero credibility for Grosso in my eyes.

Last edited:

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Personally I think Trouba compares himself to his old partner Seth Jones and wants at least as much as Seth got or more. Does he get it?
If the jets haven't offered that there nuts IMHO. 5.4 is fine.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Another Trouba for JVR rumour? Based on his twitter account - zero credibility for Grosso in my eyes.

Michael Grosso ‏*********** Jun 19
TB - Stamkos = DONE in Tampa. Multi-year extensions for Kucherov/Killorn/Namestnikov are coming within the next couple of weeks.

Michael Grosso ‏*********** Jun 19
WPG - Trouba is done in Winnipeg per source. BOS/EDM/ARI/FLA/TOR all interested in him. Price = steep. Ex. for Scheifele coming soon.

Old news.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

This is literally that Rumour Break clown on Twitter. He's only less reliable than Eklund.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
It depends on what the return is does it not?

I don't think he'll be traded.

He most definitely won't be traded now, but down the road a couple years from now is a very real possibility (particularly if he insists on playing hardball this time).

I know its been tossed around before, but what do people think is his bottom line/minimum that he's going after at this moment, and how far apart do you think the two sides are?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
He most definitely won't be traded now, but down the road a couple years from now is a very real possibility (particularly if he insists on playing hardball this time).

I know its been tossed around before, but what do people think is his bottom line/minimum that he's going after at this moment, and how far apart do you think the two sides are?

Prob Rielly's contract in tor is min he wants. 6 years 30 million. I think we meet a bit above that, 5.2 million per.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Prob Rielly's contract in tor is min he wants. 6 years 30 million. I think we meet a bit above that, 5.2 million per.

Be more than happy to sign him for that (and so would the Jets I think). I'm thinking he has to be asking for somewhere between Jones (5.4) and Hamilton (5.75) to have this dragging on with indications that they are still off on $$

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Be more than happy to sign him for that (and so would the Jets I think). I'm thinking he has to be asking for somewhere between Jones (5.4) and Hamilton (5.75) to have this dragging on with indications that they are still off on $$

What makes you think they are still off on $$$ (significantly)?

We know nothing - really nothing - about the specifics of the negotiations. We have 0 rumours from reliable sources.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
What makes you think they are still off on $$$ (significantly)?

We know nothing - really nothing - about the specifics of the negotiations. We have 0 rumours from reliable sources.

Regardless, I'm thinking they are holding out for at least 5.5 X 6 at this point, perhaps even closer to Hamilton range. IMO, if they were close to 5 or even 5.25 for 6 years at this point, the deal would already be done.

Both sides holding out hoping the other will bend first, that's the way I see it right now.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Regardless, I'm thinking they are holding out for at least 5.5 X 6 at this point, perhaps even closer to Hamilton range. IMO, if they were close to 5 or even 5.25 for 6 years at this point, the deal would already be done.

Both sides holding out hoping the other will bend first, that's the way I see it right now.

Putting ANY specific number in there is just idle speculation at this point. Claiming that some other number would have got it done is worse. We don't know if $$$ is the holdup. We don't even know that there is a holdup. If there is a holdup over $$$ we don't know which side is the more 'unreasonable'. All we know is that they haven't signed a contract yet and that there is no particular urgency at this point for them to have done so.

When deadlines of some kind start passing we can start getting excited. In the meantime it is just business as usual.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
How many RFA's in Trouba's position have been traded at this point in the offseason? It just doesn't happen. The ones who end up traded sign with their original team first. This is the part that the media is ignoring. I'm not sure why Trouba will be any different.

Assume a team really wants Trouba. No GM is going to acquire Trouba's rights at this point. They are going to let Chevy get the hard work done and then they get Trouba in a later trade without any "contract animosity"

Trouba will sign a contract with the Jets IMO

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't really get all this BS speculation and rumor stuff, Is it because every Tom Dick Harry and Sally have twitter now? Cuz i mean, i haven't really paid attention the Anaheim or Buffalo or Calgary boards but is there this type of baseless speculation surronding Lindholm Ristolainen and Johnny Hockey? Or is it because Winnipeg? or because Overhardt? Or what is it exactly? Why is Trouba the one always being speculated about, or basically i dunno if it is even speculation, it's more like just pure total BS and Manure being spewed by people who really have no idea. Here's what we know about the negotiations between Trouba and the Jets....

Nothing.

So, bottom line really is.... People are basically full of crap and talking out their butts here big time. It's actually rather amusing, But why do they do it for Trouba when there are 3 other big name RFA's who haven't signed yet?

I could go on twitter right now, say that sources have said the Jets and Trouba are close to a deal and it should be announced any hour or day now... What's the difference really between me or anyone on this site doing that and what these other guys do. Their sources are in their heads. They don't have sources.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
How many RFA's in Trouba's position have been traded at this point in the offseason? It just doesn't happen. The ones who end up traded sign with their original team first. This is the part that the media is ignoring. I'm not sure why Trouba will be any different.

Assume a team really wants Trouba. No GM is going to acquire Trouba's rights at this point. They are going to let Chevy get the hard work done and then they get Trouba in a later trade without any "contract animosity"

Trouba will sign a contract with the Jets IMO

^This.

The specifics of the contract could be anywhere within wide ranges but there will be a contract.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Until he is signed I can't see why we can't speculate

I can't say why I think he might be traded on these boards but I will continue to speculate on it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Until he is signed I can't see why we can't speculate

I can't say why I think he might be traded on these boards but I will continue to speculate on it.

There is nothing wrong with speculating that is what the thread is for. Same goes for Gaudreau, Lindholm, and the other unsigned RFA's. I am allot more comfortable with where this is at than most people on this thread but there isn't much else to talk about yet so I get why people are chatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad