WWE: Triple H now (finally) head of creative and talent relations

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I think he is one of the most overrated. His gimmicks work to only get himself over while the folks he beats are almost always worse off after feuding with him.

He is also a bad wrestler. His big matches always underdeliver.
This is my take too. Never been a fan if him at all.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
This is my take too. Never been a fan if him at all.

Yeah same here, nothing he ever did really impressed me much, even his promos that everybody loved, I always found to just be a bunch of nonsensical ramblings, he'd talk and talk and say nothing. The delivery was dramatic, but it did nothing for me.

That is not to say he can't be useful on the roster, I just don't see him as a savior or needle mover like a lot of others might

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am pretty much convinced HHH is purposefully leaking his returns to the sheets now.

Nearly every time it broke that HHH was interested in bringing X back, that person showed up the same night.

Happened with Kross, happened with Lumis, happened with Hit Row.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I am pretty much convinced HHH is purposefully leaking his returns to the sheets now.

Nearly every time it broke that HHH was interested in bringing X back, that person showed up the same night.

Happened with Kross, happened with Lumis, happened with Hit Row.
None of these returns are needle movers though, so I doubt it.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'll have to agree to disagree on Bray Wyatt with you guys, but thinking about it, another guy who I'd put up there as one of the most misused wrestlers in WWE history is Wade Barrett. I thought he was the total package. Solid enough in the ring, had the look and just a great promo guy.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'll have to agree to disagree on Bray Wyatt with you guys, but thinking about it, another guy who I'd put up there as one of the most misused wrestlers in WWE history is Wade Barrett. I thought he was the total package. Solid enough in the ring, had the look and just a great promo guy.

He had a lot of positives, just seemed to have terrible luck/timing with injuries from what I remember, and like every other heel of that era he couldn't get by Cena

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
It's been a lot of years since I read the book but yeah you're probably right. I definitely remember him rationalizing some things he did. Did he want the video library for himself or did he just want Martha to get it from Vince?
Bret's chief worry back then was that he could be erased from History. For whatever reason, while supporting Martha, he was candidly trying to get stuff for himself instead of worrying about his brother's family.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He had a lot of positives, just seemed to have terrible luck/timing with injuries from what I remember, and like every other heel of that era he couldn't get by Cena

The big problem besides the actual matches always failing to deliver, is his entire mythos only serves to get himself over. It doesn't help get anyone else over.

If you gimmick requires ruining your opponents situation to get and remain over, it's a bad gimmick.

It took Seth a year to recover from feuding with the Fiend. Miz's face turn was ruined thanks to the Fiend, had to quickly turn him back face. They trapped poor Orton in spooky hell for like a year with the only redeeming aspects of that feud being when he was gone and Alexa was doing the whole thing better.

And people pretended there was some deep lore with his gloves like that's why every face he feuded had to turn heel. No, it's because the feuds were so bad they had no choice but to turn heel or basically retire.

It's just so formulaic too. He cuts promos in his little room where he rambles for 20 minutes without saying anything of meaning. Plays with the lights, have a bad match where he either no sells and clowns his opponent or he loses. Then he goes back to his room, says cryptic shit about how he is stronger, rinse and repeat.

It's why I don't like this House of Black shit either. Going around misting everyone, it's way too much and doesn't help anyone but him. At least Black can wrestle at least.

That is the wildest thing about the IWC's love of Bray. Dude can't wrestle. Usually it's workrate guys they fawn over. Thought the IWC is fickle as hell. They voted Bray worst gimmick two years in a row in Meltzer's dumb awards, but then acted like he was some tortured genius when he got fired.

He is 100% coming back though. Whenever heavy reports of someone coming back under HHH pop up, it means it's a done deal. Bray, Kross, and Braun were three castaways I was hoping HHH wouldn't bring back, but Kross is already back and Bray is soon tk follow. Hopefully no Braun and his choo-choo train

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The big problem besides the actual matches always failing to deliver, is his entire mythos only serves to get himself over. It doesn't help get anyone else over.

If you gimmick requires ruining your opponents situation to get and remain over, it's a bad gimmick.

It took Seth a year to recover from feuding with the Fiend. Miz's face turn was ruined thanks to the Fiend, had to quickly turn him back face. They trapped poor Orton in spooky hell for like a year with the only redeeming aspects of that feud being when he was gone and Alexa was doing the whole thing better.

And people pretended there was some deep lore with his gloves like that's why every face he feuded had to turn heel. No, it's because the feuds were so bad they had no choice but to turn heel or basically retire.

It's just so formulaic too. He cuts promos in his little room where he rambles for 20 minutes without saying anything of meaning. Plays with the lights, have a bad match where he either no sells and clowns his opponent or he loses. Then he goes back to his room, says cryptic shit about how he is stronger, rinse and repeat.

It's why I don't like this House of Black shit either. Going around misting everyone, it's way too much and doesn't help anyone but him. At least Black can wrestle at least.

That is the wildest thing about the IWC's love of Bray. Dude can't wrestle. Usually it's workrate guys they fawn over. Thought the IWC is fickle as hell. They voted Bray worst gimmick two years in a row in Meltzer's dumb awards, but then acted like he was some tortured genius when he got fired.

He is 100% coming back though. Whenever heavy reports of someone coming back under HHH pop up, it means it's a done deal. Bray, Kross, and Braun were three castaways I was hoping HHH wouldn't bring back, but Kross is already back and Bray is soon tk follow

I was referring to Wade Barrett

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Misread it.

Wade idk, I agree he had a lot of positives but I think even without the injuries he was an upper-midcard guy at best. Sometimes they were right to not give certain guys the big push.

He may fall more into the unfulfilled potential column more than the most misused one, of course hindsight is 20/20

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

He is 100% coming back though. Whenever heavy reports of someone coming back under HHH pop up, it means it's a done deal. Bray, Kross, and Braun were three castaways I was hoping HHH wouldn't bring back, but Kross is already back and Bray is soon tk follow. Hopefully no Braun and his choo-choo train
I agree with a lot of this and stuff I don’t feel strongly about you kinda have me leaning your way.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Misread it.

Wade idk, I agree he had a lot of positives but I think even without the injuries he was an upper-midcard guy at best. Sometimes they were right to not give certain guys the big push.
Really? What did you feel Wade was lacking? I thought he had it all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wade Barrett was a victim of Cena, especially when Cena buried the Nexus the way he did.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Wade Barrett was a victim of Cena, especially when Cena buried the Nexus the way he did.
Yeah that Summerslam 2010 totally derailed Nexus. They were so hot that summer to the point that I thought the main event WrestleMania 2011 should have been Cena vs. Barrett.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that Summerslam 2010 totally derailed Nexus. They were so hot that summer to the point that I thought the main event WrestleMania 2011 should have been Cena vs. Barrett.
Jericho and Edge talked about how they told Cena he was burying the Nexus in that match the way it was set up, but he got his way since he’s Cena. He later told them they were right.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I started watching again in late 2014 range and from then until the end of his tenure Barrett was one of the guys that made me check out the most. Wasn't feeling it in the ring.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
If you had to pick a way for HHH to fail it would have been going all in on vanilla midgets and not realizing from a business perspective Vince was doing what he was for a reason. However so far it doesn't seem like HHH is falling too much into that trap. He did bring back Kross who is a main roster aesthetic friendly guy. Also it's not like NXT was always small. They once went a year where they were pushing McIntyre, Roode, AOP.

Imo there's almost nothing HHH could do in regards to NXT becoming colder around 2020-2022. They just got screwed by AEW starting, NXT became Woody in Toy Story 1 when Buzz showed up. The last Takeovers before AEW started was the Gargano vs Cole matches, which seems like the end of NXT's golden period to me.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah same here, nothing he ever did really impressed me much, even his promos that everybody loved, I always found to just be a bunch of nonsensical ramblings, he'd talk and talk and say nothing. The delivery was dramatic, but it did nothing for me.

That is not to say he can't be useful on the roster, I just don't see him as a savior or needle mover like a lot of others might

Wyatt has good delivery, but it gets repetitive because he's pretty one note. His promos are also generally rambling nonsense, which made me laugh whenever he insisted on getting credit for making his own (bad) promos. He's nothing noteworthy in the ring. I'll give the guy credit for trying different things with his gimmick from time to time but he's not some big main event talent. Unique mid-card guy in a good promotion.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
My buddy who just had a meeting with WWE said Raw going back to 2 hours. Idk if that’s a secret tho.
Not sure I believe that.

Sure, it would make it more enjoyable, but I doubt the Network wants RAW to be shorter... unless they have something that would draw more at 8PM or at 10PM. Maybe something that would not necessarily draw more eyeballs, but more advertising money.

If they do not, no chance in hell RAW goes down to 2 hours.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Not sure I believe that.

Sure, it would make it more enjoyable, but I doubt the Network wants RAW to be shorter... unless they have something that would draw more at 8PM or at 10PM. Maybe something that would not necessarily draw more eyeballs, but more advertising money.

If they do not, no chance in hell RAW goes down to 2 hours.

Funny thing is. I wasnt even talking about RAW I was saying these G1 shows 3 hours and he starts talking bout RAW dont think he was listening to me. But was the end of our 10 hour shift so probably was tired too.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Misread it.

And there would have been nothing wrong with him being below main event.

I would have liked him to be more of a William regal type of pretentious brit. That character never goes stale, imo

Still, I don't ever recall flipping stations whenever barett was on tv.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad