WWE: Triple H now (finally) head of creative and talent relations

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
People seriously think things are going to change? Vince still owns the company. As far as I'm concerned, he still has final say. It's just in an unofficial capacity now.

If the WWE gets sold and some conglomerate like NBC buys them up, I doubt they'll want to change much and they might just do what Vince was doing all along.

I can't see WWE looking like Triple H's NXT.
I can't either, but I'd rather NXT go back to the way it used to look. I'd even take that.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I can't either, but I'd rather NXT go back to the way it used to look. I'd even take that.
I don't even think it will look like that.

Triple H will get some people he's high on pushed, but other than that? WWE is not going to drastically change while still being owned by Vince. He either has to die or sell the company, whichever comes first and even then as I said, if some big company buys them it won't be a "hey Trips do what you want" situation. They'll do what Vince was doing because it (somewhat) works for mainstream fans.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think it will change. I don't think it would do a complete 180 instantly, but it will definitely change for the better.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think it will change. I don't think it would do a complete 180 instantly, but it will definitely change for the better.
It’s just about the weirdest thing to me seeing people thrash so violently against the WWE possibly becoming bearable.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
People seriously think things are going to change? Vince still owns the company. As far as I'm concerned, he still has final say. It's just in an unofficial capacity now.

If the WWE gets sold and some conglomerate like NBC buys them up, I doubt they'll want to change much and they might just do what Vince was doing all along.

I can't see WWE looking like Triple H's NXT.

I read that some people feel after all this dies down he comes back since he still is majority owner

I do not think they have any incentive to do so.

Would be cool IMO to see WWE vs NJPW vs AEW with each ones Bullet Club factions feuding to see whos the best

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I read that some people feel after all this dies down he comes back since he still is majority owner

Would be cool IMO to see WWE vs NJPW vs AEW with each ones Bullet Club factions feuding to see whos the best

Apparently he isn't. Fightful said he forfeited his stock. Vince is done.

All the dirt sheet talk is the locker room is feeling really positive about this and some folks that jumped ship to AEW have claimed they wouldn't if HHH was in charge when they left

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

All the dirt sheet talk is the locker room is feeling really positive about this and some folks that jumped ship to AEW have claimed they wouldn't if HHH was in charge when they left

Idk why but I feel like Adam Cole is one of them. Maybe Danielson too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
NXT is not going back because it makes no sense for it to. WWE's version of indie wrestling is pointless when AEW exists.

Most of that smark audience would never go back to watch either because of the tribalism. A lot of fans who enjoyed black and gold but then became AEW fans openly resented NXT moving to USA and going head to head with Dynamite. Those fans were the ones that always tried to convince themselves that NXT somehow wasn't a WWE product.

It's back to being solely a development brand, and since character work is more important to WWE then high work rate, 2.0 makes more sense for their needs and their audience.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
HHH's work in NXT is probably the only reason I kept watching wrestling. That said, Vince still owns 80% of the voting shares in WWE, no one is going to go against his opinions so I don't expect to see a main roster version of 2015-2020 NXT.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Idk why but I feel like Adam Cole is one of them. Maybe Danielson too.

Cole yes, but Bryan left simply because he wanted to wrestle guys who weren't in WWE and would never go there (basically New Japan guys, and the Japan guys that went to AEW) along with wrestling different styles he couldn't in WWE.

If WWE were able to work out that deal with New Japan then I think Bryan would have stayed but that didn't work out. He is going to one day go back, he hasn't said one bad word about WWE since he left.

Cole I don't think would jump ship again. I think he enjoys being able to chill with all his buddies and his girlfriend and basically just stick to his gimmick with the push he gets. He doesn't seem to want to be the guy at this point.

I could see this convincing Johnny to go back to WWE when he decides to return to wrestling.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

That was just a small percentage of his stock, he still owns over 28 million shares

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
"There’s always some guys you know that no matter what they do with them, you always wonder how they got there. I never thought Triple H ever had an idea, original idea for anything. I always thought he was over-rated. The reason people even know him or remember him today is because daddy or daddy-in-law put him over.”"

- Bret Hart

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
"How great really is Triple H? I mean I can look at CM Punk and Rey Mysterio who have had really unique moves and they do things that are innovative. Then I look at someone like Triple H and when I look at him, he has always at a good look but what has he really done? What has he created that no one else has?

Great? I don’t think so and if he is running the show, how can guys who run the show never do something great? I don’t think he has had a great match. Whenever I look at HHH’s matches, I want to see him do something to think “Yeah, he had greatness in him”. I pictured the whole Taker/HHH match and it was exactly like I predicted and it was pretty average.” “I just don’t think Triple H is a great wrestler. He’s a good one but great? No.”

- Bret Hart

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
"How great really is Triple H? I mean I can look at CM Punk and Rey Mysterio who have had really unique moves and they do things that are innovative. Then I look at someone like Triple H and when I look at him, he has always at a good look but what has he really done? What has he created that no one else has?

Great? I don’t think so and if he is running the show, how can guys who run the show never do something great? I don’t think he has had a great match. Whenever I look at HHH’s matches, I want to see him do something to think “Yeah, he had greatness in him”. I pictured the whole Taker/HHH match and it was exactly like I predicted and it was pretty average.” “I just don’t think Triple H is a great wrestler. He’s a good one but great? No.”

- Bret Hart
Bret isn’t really seeming to realize that not all good management was good in their “playing days.” Wayne Gretzky was a brutal coach.

Reactions: 67 others

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

- Bret Hart

Unpopular opinion, but HHH was a key piece in the top level faces from 2001-2010 getting over as much as they did. He was the ultimate heel. Folks like to say he was "the guy that worked with the guy" but that is a valuable and unique skill.

Plus with his NXT work he's more than proven he's one hell of a booker.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I do wonder with this change,if their might be any chance of Sasha and Naomi coming back

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
What has Bret Hart done since the screwjob? Nothing but bitch and moan. Wow u got screwed like 30 years ago. Keep crying.

Like Owen better anyways

Cole yes, but Bryan left simply because he wanted to wrestle guys who weren't in WWE and would never go there (basically New Japan guys, and the Japan guys that went to AEW) along with wrestling different styles he couldn't in WWE.

If WWE were able to work out that deal with New Japan then I think Bryan would have stayed but that didn't work out. He is going to one day go back, he hasn't said one bad word about WWE since he left.

Cole I don't think would jump ship again. I think he enjoys being able to chill with all his buddies and his girlfriend and basically just stick to his gimmick with the push he gets. He doesn't seem to want to be the guy at this point.

I could see this convincing Johnny to go back to WWE when he decides to return to wrestling.

Cole is only 33 and time will tell. Can see down the line him returning. Maybe Samoa Joe is another guy speaking out.

Have heard wild ideas like FTR going back and MJF signing

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Unpopular opinion, but HHH was a key piece in the top level faces from 2001-2010 getting over as much as they did. He was the ultimate heel. Folks like to say he was "the guy that worked with the guy" but that is a valuable and unique skill.

Plus with his NXT work he's more than proven he's one hell of a booker.
It's a fantastic reputation to have. The top babyfaces all wanted to work with Triple H because they knew it'd be a hot program that got them over. Everyone wanted to see Trips get his ass kicked when he was a heel, because he was a dastardly heel.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
What has Bret Hart done since the screwjob? Nothing but bitch and moan. Wow u got screwed like 30 years ago. Keep crying.

Like Owen better anyways
Whats he done since the screwjob? Had a pretty good run in WCW despite awful booking. Then had his career ended from a kick to the head by an awful wrestler. Then had a stroke and eventually cancer. Still made a few returns to WWE. What is it you expected him to do since retiring?

He also wrote the best wrestling book ever in which he criticizes himself quite a bit. Bret's a straight shooter who calls it how he sees it. Can't say the same for weasels like HHH and Michaels. As for him being angry, if you lost your brother/best friend to a stupid and unnecessary stunt along with the health/personal life issues he's had then you might be angry at times too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00