WWE: Triple H now (finally) head of creative and talent relations

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The doofus son-in-law has finally done it!

I think this is a good thing. WWE has struggled telling good stories of late. Hunter was able to do that really well in the past iteration of NXT. I'm sure it'll be awhile to see a difference, but hopefully this winds up being for the better.

Reactions: King 88

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
7Ola.gif

Reactions: TNT87

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ok, you have my attention again WWE after years of ignoring.

The last great thing the company did was the HHH run NXT, if they let him bring that to the "big show" then they got something. The industry desperately needs to go back to its roots. Bookers, not hollywood writers...long programs instead of ADHD feuds...bring some kayfabe back...real heels and faces, not a homogeneous muck of uninteresting tweeners

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The light at the end of the tunnel. WWE suddenly becomes a whole lot more interesting now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nigel apparently never got a bigger opportunity on commentary beyond NXT because Vince wasn't a fan. Maybe now he will get moved back into something more prominent then just NXT UK.

Though not really a spot for him as Wade is really good on NXT and Smackdown is locked down with Pat. I doubt they boot Graves, but I would love if Nigel replaced him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nigel apparently never got a bigger opportunity on commentary beyond NXT because Vince wasn't a fan. Maybe now he will get moved back into something more prominent then just NXT UK.

Though not really a spot for him as Wade is really good on NXT and Smackdown is locked down with Pat. I doubt they boot Graves, but I would love if Nigel replaced him.
There were reports that Nigel focused on NXT UK commentary so he could be closer to his kids. But turns out he's been doing that and 205 Live and Main Event from the US. How did I found about it? Via John Campea and his YT show. His wife's best friend is dating Nigel and Campea sees him regularly at his house. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I do think some internet expectations are going to end up wrong.

Like I don't think Theory's push is going to suddenly end. He is super young with a lot of talent and there is no reason to believe HHH isn't also high on him.

I wouldn't expect any changes to GUNTHER for example either. His booking and look has been pretty spot on, though I could see him get even more time now going forward (which would be great for both the show and the IC title)

The safer bets is expecting old HHH favorites who haven't been getting much time to now get featured, like Shanya or Ciampa.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think someone like Carmello Hayes could really benefit from HHH running things. Guy who has all the talent in the world, but there was a looming question mark if Vince could get over his size to give him the push he would deserve when he left NXT.

Io is another one I could see majorly benefiting from this change.

Wonder if this all convinces Johnny to resign with WWE now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ok, you have my attention again WWE after years of ignoring.

The last great thing the company did was the HHH run NXT, if they let him bring that to the "big show" then they got something. The industry desperately needs to go back to its roots. Bookers, not hollywood writers...long programs instead of ADHD feuds...bring some kayfabe back...real heels and faces, not a homogeneous muck of uninteresting tweeners
My exact thoughts

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Triple H I’m sure will still be under some kind of directive because all the cartoon characters and wannabe super hero shit is a Nick Khan joint. Along with Vince, a lot of that was his vision.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Triple H I’m sure will still be under some kind of directive because all the cartoon characters and wannabe super hero shit is a Nick Khan joint. Along with Vince, a lot of that was his vision.
3 hours to fill on Monday is a lot. I'm fine with novelty segments and some hokey gimmicks, just don't overdo it. I still don't care for the giant digital overlays on every entrance

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
3 hours to fill on Monday is a lot. I'm fine with novelty segments and some hokey gimmicks, just don't overdo it. I still don't care for the giant digital overlays on every entrance
Yeah, It's the main reason I want to see it 2 hours again. 3 hours a lot of time and filling it with nonsense just kind of shifts your attention elsewhere. I mean, I wouldn't mind 3 hours if i was in attendance so i could go grab a beer during bullshit segments.

Also, no 24/7 title on the show last night...

That's a start.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, It's the main reason I want to see it 2 hours again. 3 hours a lot of time and filling it with nonsense just kind of shifts your attention elsewhere. I mean, I wouldn't mind 3 hours if i was in attendance so i could go grab a beer during bullshit segments.

Also, no 24/7 title on the show last night...

That's a start.
Although i will admit that Truth and Drake Maverick playing hot potato with the 24/7 title was entertaining.

I would prefer 2 hours of televised action as well. I’m sure USA enjoys the extra hour of ad revenue given their consistent ratings.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Although i will admit that Truth and Drake Maverick playing hot potato with the 24/7 title was entertaining.

I would prefer 2 hours of televised action as well. I’m sure USA enjoys the extra hour of ad revenue given their consistent ratings.
As someone who hates how much commercials break up Smackdown, I'd prefer the shows to be 2½ hours.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
People seriously think things are going to change? Vince still owns the company. As far as I'm concerned, he still has final say. It's just in an unofficial capacity now.

If the WWE gets sold and some conglomerate like NBC buys them up, I doubt they'll want to change much and they might just do what Vince was doing all along.

I can't see WWE looking like Triple H's NXT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad