Trinity countersuing Melnyk for 1 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That is not the issue at hand or the discussion about this deal.

But as a brain expanding question for you - has anything this team done in the last 2 years benefited the Sens or the fans?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I know nothing about high end investing,but knowing what your partner is worth when embarking on a billion dollar enterprise...Would seem prudent

Ruddy is the guy that pounds the streets looking for investment firms and builders to raise money, in order to build large projects, he has money but not build skyscraper money. He is a planner middle man type.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ruddy is the guy that pounds the streets looking for investment firms and builders to raise money, in order to build large projects, he has money but not build skyscraper money. He is a planner middle man type.
Fair enough ,but my original point still stands if Ruddy doesnt have the money ,and EM doesnt have enough either...Than why would they partner up??Seems kinda like a huge waste of time

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
But as a brain expanding question for you - has anything this team done in the last 2 years benefited the Sens or the fans?

When discussions are about the financial viability of a construction project may I ask what Hoffmans womans emailing drama has to do with it?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Why does melnyk care who gets the land does he seriously believe if he puts in a new bid he has a shot of being chosen?

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Why does melnyk care who gets the land does he seriously believe if he puts in a new bid he has a shot of being chosen?

I could see devcore partnering with melnyk. I heard in an interview if they get the deal they'll leave a piece of land for the arena to be built. So start with the condos, commercial buildings etc rake in some money and then build melnyk his arena

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
When discussions are about the financial viability of a construction project may I ask what Hoffmans womans emailing drama has to do with it?

This isn't about the viability of the project, everyone is going to make huge money off of this project when the right people are involvolbed. this is about the financing of he project, and Melnyck clearly has no money.

So, I will explain to you what Hoffamsn wife has to do with all this. Ottawa is a franchise that doesn't have the wherewithal to even manage their own players. The GM admitted he heard about this, but didn't follow up on it because he didn't have the resources or interest. Imagine you have a Team Captain and best player in franchise history and you heard his wife had suffered from cyber bullying by another member of the team and you don't think it's important enough to look into. That's fudged for a sports business that operates in the hundreds of millions, that's what the two have to do with each other. And when you do hear the rumours, you do t take any responsibility at all, you push it back onto the players and the your owner hires Twitter bots (like yourself)a few months later to fight his battles over lebreton. That's complete derangement.

Ottawa is greying to sell this as 'the locker room is broken' when in fact the truth is the entire team is broken and it starts are at the top, right where your boy Melnyck is.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Fair enough ,but my original point still stands if Ruddy doesnt have the money ,and EM doesnt have enough either...Than why would they partner up??Seems kinda like a huge waste of time

They get the city to start a rink, Melnyk pays that back later, and with a rink in place investors dump money in the area. the problem is the loses seem to be all on the sens(not Melnyk)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They get the city to start a rink, Melnyk pays that back later, and with a rink in place investors dump money in the area. the problem is the loses seem to be all on the sens(not Melnyk)
For me I really think EM knows he should sell,the problem lies in the debt...He just has too much of it against the team ,to make anything but a serious overpay worth it ....This I believe is also the leverage along with Devcore not wanting another bidding process opened up , is what they are trying to use to hammer down the price

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
This isn't about the viability of the project, everyone is going to make huge money off of this project when the right people are involvolbed. this is about the financing of he project, and Melnyck clearly has no money.

So, I will explain to you what Hoffamsn wife has to do with all this. Ottawa is a franchise that doesn't have the wherewithal to even manage their own players. The GM admitted he heard about this, but didn't follow up on it because he didn't have the resources or interest. Imagine you have a Team Captain and best player in franchise history and you heard his wife had suffered from cyber bullying by another member of the team and you don't think it's important enough to look into. That's fudged for a sports business that operates in the hundreds of millions, that's what the two have to do with each other. And when you do hear the rumours, you do t take any responsibility at all, you push it back onto the players and the your owner hires Twitter bots (like yourself)a few months later to fight his battles over lebreton. That's complete derangement.

Ottawa is greying to sell this as 'the locker room is broken' when in fact the truth is the entire team is broken and it starts are at the top, right where your boy Melnyck is.

Ya he should totally stick his nose in personal matters and unsubstantiated claims. Or worse yet rumours of them. And that would have changed what?
Its silly to pin that on other people, and even then hoffman was given away for free without any proof this happened the second it came out.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ya he should totally stick his nose in personal matters and unsubstantiated claims. Or worse yet rumours of them. And that would have changed what?
Its silly to pin that on other people, and even then hoffman was given away for free without any proof this happened the second it came out.

It’s silly to think an organization should try and protect its own reputation?? What would it of changed? So much - from the media response to not being forced to trade players for nothing when their repuation is damaged and your trading with a bad hand - you know, things that protect your team

He should of at least looked into it. That’s a failure of ownership for not having a culture of protecting their players and taking these things seriously and having the people in place to support a GM who is clearly understaffed.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
I've completely lost the plot. who pays for what; who is getting screwed (it's us); who's fault everything is.
the suggestion in the article is that we will see details once the 24th comes around. not sure how true that is, but i'm looking forward.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

wait... so you think it's not in the best interest of a team to look into rumours our one player's wife cyberbulling another's wife? I mean... this is beyond mind-boggling that you would think this given that we just witness quite likely the worst possible outcome...

For starters, had he looked into it earlier, maybe he could have traded Hoffman before his value tanked when the media got a hold of the story. That doesn't even involve the possibility of intervention by the team de-escalating the situation and allowing the players and wives to resolve their differences without forcing the team to trade one or both.

I mean, it was well know somebody was cyber-bulling Karlsson's wife shortly after their child was stillborn, the team could easily have been more proactive in this whole situation and had their finger on the pulse, if you will. There was lots of time to look into this before the news about a peace bond came out.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
wait... so you think it's not in the best interest of a team to look into rumours our one player's wife cyberbulling another's wife? I mean... this is beyond mind-boggling that you would think this given that we just witness quite likely the worst possible outcome...

For starters, had he looked into it earlier, maybe he could have traded Hoffman before his value tanked when the media got a hold of the story. That doesn't even involve the possibility of intervention by the team de-escalating the situation and allowing the players and wives to resolve their differences without forcing the team to trade one or both.

I mean, it was well know somebody was cyber-bulling Karlsson's wife shortly after their child was stillborn, the team could easily have been more proactive in this whole situation and had their finger on the pulse, if you will. There was lots of time to look into this before the news about a peace bond came out.

They did and then sent hoffman packing. They have two sides to the story, just because Karlsson is better at hockey then the Hoff that does not mean his side of the story is more honest or right. If they ask he swears up and down it wasn't him,then what?
And again it has zero to do with the topic, straw man argument 101

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
They did and then sent hoffman packing. They have two sides to the story, just because Karlsson is better at hockey then the Hoff that does not mean his side of the story is more honest or right. If they ask he swears up and down it wasn't him,then what?
And again it has zero to do with the topic, straw man argument 101
So the case been already judged by now?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So the case been already judged by now?

The judge said there is zero evidence to support Karlsson and his claims, probably what Dorian decided at the time also.
But I guess if he sent them on a zany truesure hunting adventure in the Caribbean together they would have worked it all out and just like that, EK and MH would be peas and carrots again, BFF and ever and ever. Awwwee cuuute

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
The judge said there is zero evidence to support Karlsson and his claims, probably what Dorian decided at the time also.
But I guess if he sent them on a zany truesure hunting adventure in the Caribbean together they would have worked it all out and just like that, EK and MH would be peas and carrots again, BFF and ever and ever. Awwwee cuuute

there's not a chance that's how it went down. there's nothing to indicate he did enough "touching base" to even make a call like that.

Reactions: Acidrain66

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
there's not a chance that's how it went down. there's nothing to indicate he did enough "touching base" to even make a call like that.

Ok how about Dorian dictaded everything to a Russian hacker in order to get rid of these guys? Everyone happy now? the debate on the new rink and the two lawsuits has been decided cause...Ek got an email.
Wow do you guys ever logicly discuss anything without it leading to some cry me a river over EK theme

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Ok how about Dorian dictaded everything to a Russian hacker in order to get rid of these guys? Everyone happy now? the debate on the new rink and the two lawsuits has been decided cause...Ek got an email.
Wow do you guys ever logicly discuss anything without it leading to some cry me a river over EK theme
Just like how you endlessly defend your idol Ungle Eugene

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Just like how you endlessly defend your idol Ungle Eugene

Here is 5000 sens threads no matter the topic.

Eugene bot.
But but alfy.
You work for Eugene
Karllllllsoooooooonnnnnnnnnn whaaaaaaa
Nuhuh I said Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad