Trinity countersuing Melnyk for 1 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Jesus...and I hate getting my taxes reassessed...I couldn't imagine getting that served up to me! 1 BILLION DOLLARS, wow. I know this is normally settled out of courts and generally the quoted amounts are far and above what is normally decided on but I feel that this would be crushing for EM to swallow. Beginning of the real end for him?

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
giphy.gif

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa is a city built to make deals, filled with people who are trained to compromise and agree, and these BOZOS are during each other as if it’s a schlong measuring locker room show down.

Losers all of them

Reactions: coladin

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Sorry guys, nothing to see here.

Garrioch told us that Melnyck has a strong suit and wouldn't sue anybody otherwise, this is clearly smoke and mirrors from the other party, because Melnyck is going to easily win. Remember, Garrioch reminded us that he wouldn't want to be on the other side of a legal battle with Melnyck.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Expected. Would like to read more. The mayor said that initially the Senators looked for city money, but that ended long ago, allegedly.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Melnyk files lawsuit: "He obviously must have a great case, nobody would file a lawsuit otherwise."

Ruddy files lawsuit: "This is just a ploy, he's filing a lawsuit with nothing to go on."

Just wait for it.

With that said, Melnyk/Lebreton is effectively dead. I'm curious to see how these suits unfold, but I wouldn't expect any answers in the short-term. This will be long and drawn out, and the Senators will be the ones who suffer.

Can we really expect Melnyk to hand out $140 million worth of contracts in the next 7 weeks with all of this uncertainty?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Melnyk files lawsuit: "He obviously must have a great case, nobody would file a lawsuit otherwise."

Ruddy files lawsuit: "This is just a ploy, he's filing a lawsuit with nothing to go on."

Just wait for it.

With that said, Melnyk/Lebreton is effectively dead. I'm curious to see how these suits unfold, but I wouldn't expect any answers in the short-term. This will be long and drawn out, and the Senators will be the ones who suffer.
Yup.

I dislike Melnyk as much as the next guy, but if it meant adding revenue to this team anything is worth it. Lebraton was one of the only realistic light at the end of the tunnel scenarios around.

Sens are going to twist in the wind like a flag in a hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad