Trinity countersuing Melnyk for 1 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Unsigned at the time
So he didn’t agree but signed under gunpoint? I wonder when the criminal charges are incoming, probably still under forensic audit. If he didn’t like the plan he should never have signed and started his lawsuit then and there. But he didn’t...he signed

So again, what is more correct in the legal sense? Melnyk’s displeasure or his signature saying proceed? I’ll wait

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
What if he was under the impression from day 1 that his team was receiving a 'free' rink? Is it still bad faith?

Who in god's name would have given him that impression? If he inceptioned it in his own mind, then yes, of course it's bad faith. "Let me just enter into this multi-billion dollar development with no actual intent to finance my end of the project". That shit will get you sued, and it has.

If Trinity gave him that impression, which let's be honest, is highly unlikely, then maybe he'd have some ground to stand on.

This is Eugene Melnyk we're talking about here. The guy has f***ed up literally everything he has ever touched, and now he's f***ed up the Lebreton deal.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So he didn’t agree but signed under gunpoint? If he didn’t like the plan he should never have signed and started his lawsuit then and there. But he didn’t...he signed

So again, what is more correct in the legal sense? Melnyk’s displeasure or his signature saying proceed? I’ll wait

Its more about trying to sneak the unsigned plans through without consent. Building a case.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Its more about trying to sneak the unsigned plans through without consent. Building a case.
But both parties had to sign off, and BOTH parties did. Again, what legally holds more water, a signed document or displeasure?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I still don't understand why Melnyk is suing Trinity... I just don't see why Trinity would have pushed for more condos at 900 Albert if they believed it might adversely affect sales at Lebreton.

Melnyk is just playing the victim.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
But both parties had to sign off, and BOTH parties did. Again, what legally holds more water, a signed document or displeasure?

Again, he is suing his partner for shifty business, and you don't think submitting plans behind your partners back is going to be relevant ?
It's not a court case about breaking laws, its about using Lebrenton for personal gain in direct conflict with his partner.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I still don't understand why Melnyk is suing Trinity... I just don't see why Trinity would have pushed for more condos at 900 Albert if they believed it might adversely affect sales at Lebreton.

Melnyk is just playing the victim.

Ruddy is the master developer, he will get investors to build things and take a small slice of everyones pie. He won't be selling condos

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun God Nika

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Again, he is suing his partner for shifty business, and you don't think submitting plans behind your partners back is going to be relevant ?
It's not a court case about breaking laws, its about using Lebrenton for personal gain in direct conflict with his partner.
Again, what legally holds more water, a signed document or displeasure?

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
He signed the document, does not matter if he has buyers remorse. Legally has no leg to stand in after signing it. If was so bad he did not have to sign it.

EM case is full of holes and a saving face lawsuit, Ruddy is just counter suing as a legal move , best defense is to go on offensive in case like this cause.

EM has no chance of winning and gives Ruddy more power when EM case gets shot down after a few motions.

EM could end up having to pay Ruddy just to get out if this case at some point, specially considering Ruddy could hold up any sale of the team or if new investors were to come on board for Lebreton.

Reactions: The Lewler

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Not anymore they arent. My brother works at Central Bierhaus and so do a few of my friends they have all made it very evident that it is much slower this year. To the point where they are all looking for other jobs. Its also incredibly inconvenient to get to the games from the centrum. I tried to UBER over last year I gave my self a half hour and i still missed the first 10 minutes of the game. Trying to argue its a good set up is honestly outrageous.

Yeah they aren't as packed as they were before, but that's kind of expected with the lower attendance. When the CTC is filled, so are the bars at Centrum.

I never argued it was a good setup, I just said people do go to there.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
950? And an arena needs to be built at lebreton.

Those are some crazy numbers.

Not as crazy as Eugene!

But although high, this is pro sports. I’d say the Sens compare similarly to the Canucks and Forbes values them at 735 million.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Wait wait werent you the one few posters on here that Ottawa is relocating? I know we are way better than those hockey markets, all we need is a reliable owner who invests in a team instead being a farm team.
No. But I didn't discount it completely.

Everyone wants an owner that invests in a team, but the organization will also need decent revenues.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No. But I didn't discount it completely.

Everyone wants an owner that invests in a team, but the organization will also need decent revenues.
If EM had invested in actually trying win and grow the franchise instead of cheaping out for a decade then maybe this statement would be correct....He hasnt done anything since he brought the team with his credit card

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

Oh no! Poor Eugene! He chose his business partner and then chose to enter into said agreement with him!

Please, Eugene made his money playing by the "rules" of an unapologetically capitalistic, cut-throat society. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Your attempt to frame him as a victim is 100% dumb. Stop.

Reactions: GrantLemons

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
If EM had invested in actually trying win and grow the franchise instead of cheaping out for a decade then maybe this statement would be correct....He hasnt done anything since he brought the team with his credit card

Care to explain how Ruddy decided he was going to get all the sponsorship money(YouTube video saying that’s where he was going to raise money) and what that would do to the sens budget?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Oh no! Poor Eugene! He chose his business partner and then chose to enter into said agreement with him!

Please, Eugene made his money playing by the "rules" of an unapologetically capitalistic, cut-throat society. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Your attempt to frame him as a victim is 100% dumb. Stop.

No he chose to sue him

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Care to explain how Ruddy decided he was going to get all the sponsorship money(YouTube video saying that’s where he was going to raise money) and what that would do to the sens budget?
EM has done squat except whine and cry and cast blame....Yet wonders why the fanbase is fed up ,he is about as clueless as they come

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Some LeBreton tidbits in Elliotte Friedman's column today:

-The NHL doesn't consider the current lawsuit mess to be a "dire situation" and has options it is choosing to keep to itself
- The federal government does not want the LeBreton issue to be a distraction during the upcoming election campaign. Expect this to push things back by at least a year.
-Melnyk anticipated Devcore's statement about the NCC now being obliged to negotatiate with them; has already threatened legal action if the entire bidding process isn't restarted (shocking I know).
-Once the embargo ends on January 24, we will find out officially that the downtown arena was going to be owned by the city of Ottawa, with Melnyk responsible for 100 percent of the operating costs and would be obliged to repay the Senators share of debt financing (50 percent) over a 25-35 year period.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
lol fake ass Trump wanna be bitch.

lol what do you get from the whole process being restarted? You won't submit a bid because you can't even afford the costs of creating a bid let alone the development costs.

Just doing it because out of spite, because of a botched deal that you have no one else but you to blame for it.

What a poisonous creature this city needs to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad