Trinity countersuing Melnyk for 1 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
Ok how about Dorian dictaded everything to a Russian hacker in order to get rid of these guys? Everyone happy now? the debate on the new rink an the two lawsuits has been decided cause...Ek got an email.
Wow do you guys ever logicly discuss anything without it leading to some cry me a river over EK theme

relax dude. All i said was there is no way that PD made some informed decision.

here's the time line and comments I recall.

alleged stalking happening throughout the season.
Hoff traded mid june.
PD comments at the time that hoff had to be traded to fix the dressing room; he had heard rumours, but did not react to them because they can't react to every rumour that flies around a hockey team; nobody from the team told management about issues. so ….

given that, I see no reason to believe that PD did even a cursory review. he has never, that I recall, made a comment that he followed up with either player.

no doubt PD is useless at communication, but he traded Hoffman because a) he simply believed a rumour or b)didn't care either way EK is better or he is going to rebuild anyways.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The judge said there is zero evidence to support Karlsson and his claims, probably what Dorian decided at the time also.
But I guess if he sent them on a zany truesure hunting adventure in the Caribbean together they would have worked it all out and just like that, EK and MH would be peas and carrots again, BFF and ever and ever. Awwwee cuuute

I'm curious....when did a judge say that? if it was said, I missed it

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Hoff traded mid june.
PD comments at the time that hoff had to be traded to fix the dressing room; he had heard rumours, but did not react to them because they can't react to every rumour that flies around a hockey team; nobody from the team told management about issues. so ….

given that, I see no reason to believe that PD did even a cursory review. he has never, that I recall, made a comment that he followed up with either player.

no doubt PD is useless at communication, but he traded Hoffman because a) he simply believed a rumour or b)didn't care either way EK is better or he is going to rebuild anyways.

personally I go with
c) he was gonna trade him anyway. ... the allegations just caved the return

Reactions: HF Reader

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Hoff traded mid june.

no offence to you but the post you quoted is a clear indication how this topic has nothing to do with the arena deal. And I have no idea why people cannot discuss or debate the actual topic.
I understand your fustration but neither of us have a real clue as to what really went on, who said what to who, or how certain things were handled, this is extremely personal situation and I doubt we have 1/10th the story. Blame whomever you want and that is fine but I cannot make an honest assessment of the situation . This is not me defending any side but anything with family and death and heartache I would rather not stick my nose in.

IpsoPostFacto

Dec 17, 2017
personally I go with
c) he was gonna trade him anyway. ... the allegations just caved the return
PD: "also, I think i'll refuse to trade to an eastern conference team, just so I can further limit the return. what did you just do Doug Wilson? f*** you!"

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm curious....when did a judge say that? if it was said, I missed it
It's such an odd thing for a judge to say given that part of the process of issuing a peace bond is convincing a judge that it is reasonable to believe a person will cause harm to somebody. If there was zero evidence that she might cause harm, a peace bond wouldn't have ever been issued. What would make more sense for a judge to say is there is insufficient evidence to press criminal charges.

Reactions: RyCam

IpsoPostFacto

Dec 17, 2017
It's such an odd thing for a judge to say given that part of the process of issuing a peace bond is convincing a judge that it is reasonable to believe a person will cause harm to somebody. If there was zero evidence that she might cause harm, a peace bond wouldn't have ever been issued. What would make more sense for a judge to say is there is insufficient evidence to press criminal charges.
since you are a moderator I can respond without being accused of running the thread off the rails.

agree. as far as I understand the peace bond is a pretty low bar. it might even boil down to "who knows, but just in case, stay away".

I think that comment by the Judge was when MC wanted the courts to force the release of any evidence against her. perhaps the judge is just saying - "you can't have that, but if it helps, there's nothing that can be called proof, so your reputation is intact". who knows.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
since you are a moderator I can respond without being accused of running the thread off the rails.

agree. as far as I understand the peace bond is a pretty low bar. it might even boil down to "who knows, but just in case, stay away".

I think that comment by the Judge was when MC wanted the courts to force the release of any evidence against her. perhaps the judge is just saying - "you can't have that, but if it helps, there's nothing that can be called proof, so your reputation is intact". who knows.

Could also be that the peace bond was issued on account of everything else that she was accused of I suppose.

Anyhow, might as well move on given it's got very little relevance anymore...

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The peace bond was issued because she had some harsh words for her at a party one night. And the judge said there is no evidence of the internet thing because there wasn’t any

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I could see devcore partnering with melnyk. I heard in an interview if they get the deal they'll leave a piece of land for the arena to be built. So start with the condos, commercial buildings etc rake in some money and then build melnyk his arena

This makes sense on a number of levels.

There is still a lot of life left in the CTC, and Melnyk would probably like to play at least another 5 seasons there, and move to Lebreton just as the BBD of the the CTC is up.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The peace bond was issued because she had some harsh words for her at a party one night. And the judge said there is no evidence of the internet thing because there wasn’t any

Actually your entire post is wrong, and is that's not at all what happened. The judge said if you want the online evidence get it from the source and not from your accuser, and the peace bond was issued because of the Internet threats.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thihk the debt value gets consistently overstatee here. Ive seen 100m from the nhl, plus 135 private, plus LOCs and so on. Together that would push the debt well beyond 50%.

27% of 435 = 117 which i think is more accurate.

With low revenues this year it is going to get a lot worse though
It's odd though. The nhl credit facility is supposed to allow each team 100+ mil in available credit at a very low rate which makes the team gettin a 35 mil loc seem redundant right after securing 130 in another loan.

Any way you look at it something doesn't add up. Surely he can't have all three options maxed out and have ~250 in debt but who knows how accurate forbes guess is either.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
It's odd though. The nhl credit facility is supposed to allow each team 100+ mil in available credit at a very low rate which makes the team gettin a 35 mil loc seem redundant right after securing 130 in another loan.

Any way you look at it something doesn't add up. Surely he can't have all three options maxed out and have ~250 in debt but who knows how accurate forbes guess is either.

I swear I read that the NHL credit facility is not available to Canadian teams.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

I thought the low-interest NHL backed line of credit wasn't available to Canadian teams? Did they resolve that?
Also, part of the new revolving credit the Sens secured was to hedge against fluctuations in the CAD/USD.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought the low-interest NHL backed line of credit wasn't available to Canadian teams? Did they resolve that?
Also, part of the new revolving credit the Sens secured was to hedge against fluctuations in the CAD/USD.
They resolved it a while back. Id have to try and find it but i have posted the linl before.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They resolved it a while back. Id have to try and find it but i have posted the linl before.

Yes Cdn participation in the nhl loc was resolved. Ive read that too.

But it doesn't necessarily follow that the team maxed that 100m and then needed 135 on top of that. It strikes me at that point that the rates on the 135 would be elevated and that forbes would report higher debt %age. Just the two numbers toagether would push the debt well Over 50%.

Maybe the 135 has a rate lower than the nhl?

I do know when they were looking to refinance that amongst lending institutions it would have been a race to the bottom agaunst secured revenue streams.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Yes Cdn participation in the nhl loc was resolved. Ive read that too.

But it doesn't necessarily follow that the team maxed that 100m and then needed 135 on top of that. It strikes me at that point that the rates on the 135 would be elevated and that forbes would report higher debt %age. Just the two numbers toagether would push the debt well Over 50%.

Maybe the 135 has a rate lower than the nhl?

I do know when they were looking to refinance that amongst lending institutions it would have been a race to the bottom agaunst secured revenue streams.

I doubt bolded highly, there is much more negotiating power on $3.1B in potential loans than $135M along with the league backing. Same goes for an additional LoC added on top of that when there is a low interest one for this purpose. Only logical reason is that the NHL credit facility is fully tapped out.

The more likely scenario is the the NHL posts nothing on who has used what part of the credit facility. Because of this is it would be pure speculation for Forbes to include those numbers therefore they omit. However, that doesn't mean that the NHL facility being tapped out isn't the most logical conclusion thus pushing debt load over 50%

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Actually your entire post is wrong, and is that's not at all what happened. The judge said if you want the online evidence get it from the source and not from your accuser, and the peace bond was issued because of the Internet threats.

Well then there ya go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->