Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They were all developed poorly, that's the point. Hopefully Bouchard and Richardson are better, but for 2 decades now.. we've been really unable to develop offense out of the majority of our players, even guys with high offensive upside.. there's a reason why the last time we had a guy break 80 pts it was Kovalev.. and you'd have to go really far back to see one of our players, who we drafted and developed, put up 80.
A good chunk of that time was with the twin towers of moron coaching. At least we don't have to deal with that anymore.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
A good chunk of that time was with the twin towers of moron coaching. At least we don't have to deal with that anymore.

Hopefully not, but as I said before.. I just can't trust this organization easily.. I mean, they had a great draft last year talking about taking high upside players, but this year, they're talking about picking for need.

They can't keep it straight.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hopefully not, but as I said before.. I just can't trust this organization easily.. I mean, they had a great draft last year talking about taking high upside players, but this year, they're talking about picking for need.

They can't keep it straight.
On the whole I agree. As far as development goes though, I'm in wait and see mode. I have a hell of a lot more confidence in our these guys than the old group though.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
On the whole I agree. As far as development goes though, I'm in wait and see mode. I have a hell of a lot more confidence in our these guys than the old group though.

Absolutely, the new group is a lot better.. and even if they don't meet expectations, you literally can't be worse than Lefebvre.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
2012, 2013, 2014,

all BUSTS. With Hudon now refusing his QO all we have to show is a borderline 3rd liner, most likely 4th liner in Lekhonen.

Hudon had 159 pts in 198 games. He just wasn't NHL material.

It seems like outside of Lek none of the players taken in those drafts will have any long term impact on this team.

TT also had 5 2nds and 3 3rds between 2012/2013, he had plenty of darts and all of em missed the mark.

Even AG his best pick (with a softball 3rd OVA) isn't with us anymore, is not even .5 PPG in his career and there were a few players that could of been taken ahead of him(like Reilly or Forsberg).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad