Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Best team have access to best overall free players anywhere too..... the kids did not go to TB... TB scouted them and made them an offer.

Montreal also made them an offer though. No idea if money wise or type (AHL vs NHL) was an issue, but if all things being equal, TB would be a better offer; top team, no income tax, nice weather.

Montreal would have had to over pay.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
TB would swap Barré and Huntington with Ikonen on any day of the week, if I had to guess.

I don't know Huntington but can't say I agree on Barre-Boulet, he's looked good in the few games i've seen him vs Laval. Leds the team in goals, 2nd in points. I'd certainly trade Ikonen for him at this point.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Whoever they pick will need the mental strength of a buddhist monk the way this team p***yfoots around with their high picks.

Which means a hard no for guys like Kaliyev and Suzuki. In fact, everyone's at risk.
Do you guys even really give a shit about the drafts for our team anymore? We suck ass at drafting anyways, but if we can't even develop our 3rd overall pick, I can't be too optimistic about the future.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He did actually, management can't even commit to him.
Who? McCarron? I don't think it's Sly's fault that McCarron didn't end up being a good player like Theodore who was picked right after him.

Montreal Canadiens Draft History at hockeydb.com

Everything after 2007 besides Gally is just...
giphy.gif

Reactions: bsl

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I wasnt strictly talking about the 3rd overall. I'm talking about the whole draft.
And I was strictly talking about Kotkaniemi. The point you brought up that I quoted says alot. You can have the best scouting team in the business, if there's two idiots to screw it up after them - even as simple a task as committing to your 3rd overall pick- it won't make a difference.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And I was strictly talking about Kotkaniemi. The point you brought up that I quoted says alot. You can have the best scouting team in the business, if there's two idiots to screw it up after them - even as simple a task as committing to your 3rd overall pick- won't make a difference.
Sure, but it also goes the other way. Both drafting and development in Montreal is brutal.

Reactions: bsl

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
You said Timmins should be looking for projects that are 4-5 years away with each pick. I dont think he should do that as he cant even draft well as it is. It's not like hes any good at his job.
He can draft whoever he wants, it just won't matter if we can't even commit to our only good one.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Montreal also made them an offer though. No idea if money wise or type (AHL vs NHL) was an issue, but if all things being equal, TB would be a better offer; top team, no income tax, nice weather.

Montreal would have had to over pay.

And Tampa Bay plays offensive kids in offensive roles and doesnt staple their butts to a wall when they make defensive lapses. So any kid who has skill should take an offer from Tampa over Montreal, stacked as Tampa may be.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Imo. Boisvert and audette, amateur scout in quebec. They just dont have enough weight. Is it normal that the only players from q is on the 6 of 7th round? Lol. No. I talked with a scout in the q and your statut coming important when you asbsolutely want a player that you missed and he become a good player. After that, People around the table will listen. You more often

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Imo. Boisvert and audette, amateur scout in quebec. They just dont have enough weight. Is it normal that the only players from q is on the 6 of 7th round? Lol. No. I talked with a scout in the q and your statut coming important when you asbsolutely want a player that you missed and he become a good player. After that, People around the table will listen. You more often
The Q sucked last year

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You said Timmins should be looking for projects that are 4-5 years away with each pick. I dont think he should do that as he cant even draft well as it is. It's not like hes any good at his job.
Mete, Sergachev, Kotkaniemi, Galchenyuk, Lekhonen, Beaulieu are all NHL players though.

Are you still denying that Mete has been good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad