Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Suzuki still had to start on the 4th line to be a better person, wonder how the team does if he's in the top 6 from day 1 like a player with his skill, IQ, confidence and two way game should be imo.

It's funny how he gives Evans the exact situation some of us have called for with other prospects but it's the only time off the top of my head he had a prospect make his NHL debut with 2 top 6 players. So why do that with Evans but no one else, not even Suzuki?

Mete I still don't really know what to make of, he was rushed, now we'll see what the plan is for him.

What do you expect? Every kid should start top 6 and top 4? So Suzuki looked great as the season progressed...but it's despite Julien and not because of him? Geez man, this is tough to follow. So Mete was rushed..but Suzuki was held down? What the heck is a good usage of a kid? When are they rushed and when are they not? I don't get this man. Isn't given kids 4th line duties by slowly getting them in a lineup not rushing them? Isn't it the good way? Would you prefer top 1st line right of the bat...but then if they would do badly, we would be able to say how rushed they were?

Evans vs Suzuki? Well maybe age? Evans more pro experience? Evans had been playing 6 years now with men. It was Suzuki 1st year...as talented as he is.

The whole ''rush'' thing is bogus for me. This is an hindsight evaluation. When Leblanc looked great during his 1st year, who in here were saying that his usage sucked and that we had to be careful not to rush him? To send him back down? Who was saying that for Galchy? Everybody loved it and thought it was the start of something. Just like we're doing with Suzuki and JK. Is JK rushed? Call it now. 'Cause if not, it will be another hindsight.

I don't know how you figure that, no one has said Timmins is exempt from criticism, if they have I haven't seen it. There's a big difference between saying he made mistakes, he's at fault to some degree but let's look at it in the proper context. There is 100% nothing wrong with saying yes he failed but he also had the least amount of picks ANY Hab scout has had since pre 1970. I have always said EVERYONE involved share some blame, I continue to say Timmins has his share of the blame, but I can still point out the how and why's. It does not absolve him of blame, it's just shedding light on things.

So once again, it does NOT mean he's exempt, and I wouldn't call it an excuse since it's not letting him off the hook. He shares blame in this 100%, everyone should agree that he made mistakes. But pointing out that he had very few top 50 picks isn't done to say he's not to blame it's done to say he f***ed up but maybe it wouldn't have been as bad he he had more top 5o picks or when he did have them he was unlucky that '12/'13 were not strong drafts. But even with that said he's still to blame. He had picks, he made them, they most busted. Management, coaching, didn't help these kids which imo made it worse.

There is NO harm whatsoever in pointing out that 2012 draft class is weak. There's nothing wrong with looking at everything and pointing things out that are directly related to the topic. It's crazy to think otherwise.

And again...true. There is nothing wrong with that. He should have done more. But he didn't have a lot. Point being....if he needs what everybody else needs, I guess he's not amongst the best. Then, again, if everything you say is true about context, I guess context is needed for Lefebvre also. And while you did say that we have nothing else to look at as far as Lefebvre coaching is concerned, I guess we won't know if he's able to do more with a better team.

So my only and final question about it is that...if it's acceptable to say that 2012-2013 was weak and Timmins couldn't make miracles, why should we have expected for Lefebvre to make something out of Fucale or McCarron? Weak is weak isn't it? For everybody? Yes, Lefebvre should have been able to do more than close to nothing. But I will never be convinced that we missed a top player because of his ineptitude. Fillers? Yes. But Timmins had a good name not because of O'Byrne and Lapierre, but because of Price, McDonagh, Pacioretty and Subban.

well if Lefebvre had any track record of success before joining Hamilton we could look at it and say how he had past success but under Timmins it went bad. But since the guy was never a head coach at ANY level before or after we have nothing else to go other then it's telling that one guy got promoted and the other never found another head coaching job.

I don't know where you get this stuff, show me someone that says Timmins is the best in the world.

Surely. But it doesn't give people the right to invent things about Lefebvre. DaChampion was talking about how Lefebvre was not doing things to improve the kids...while I provided him a link to an article that were saying how he was with Scherbak. Video interviews. Even the benefits of healthy snacks and etc. But he was riding the rookies hard and was not accepting half-ass efforts. Maybe too hard on certain kids who couldn't take it. Should, I guess, have been able to adapt to each kid. Seems to me he had one-way for everybody.

As far as Timmins, well you haven't been around...while you were. Timmins being the best was often discussed. Timmins being top 5 was OFTEN discussed. My problem with those analysis is that it's almost impossible to come to that idea for 2 reasons. Most head scouts were replaced during Timmins time in Montreal. So maybe that team or this team had a poorer record...but maybe the head scout that brought most of the bad results from this or that team was replaced and his replacement is doing much better. Then, while it's great to take context into consideration as far as low number of picks, or bad draft years...I will tell you that when it's time to make comparisons...NOBODY will ever look at context for other teams. Surely, The Rangers head scout sucked....though nobody will mention how they never had 1st rounders to work with from 2013 to 2016 inclusively. 2 of those years without even 2nd rounders. Etc.

you don't get tired of repeating the same stuff over and over and over and over? What's the point of it all? Why do you care if people want to blame Lefebvre for sucking at his job, which we all know he did or else he would be a head coach somewhere. Like the time MB held the Hamilton job for him as he waited on NHL offers but of course none came likely because they saw the same crap I saw. Someone that was in over his head without any previous experience at that position and our GM took 6 years to figure out how bad this guy was and was so out of touch with reality and so bad at his job that he was clueless enough to actually believe this guy would have NHL jobs waiting for him.

There's shouldn't be any problem with saying Lefebvre sucked at this job, maybe he's a great assistant coach, and maybe he could be a good head coach some day but he was terrible in Hamilton and that directly impacted the job Timmins and Churla do. Just as MB rushing so many kids to the NHL when they aren't ready has an impact on the job they do.

I just don't see the point of talking for the millionth time that Leblanc or Scherbak or DLR or McCarron or whoever were handled poorly because he did this or that or whatever we have been talking about for the past 8-9 years now. Timmins is to blame he failed, Lebvre is to blame he failed, MB is to blame he failed. The coaching and development is to blame they failed, the players are to blame they failed. Timmins is NOT the best, no one person is to blame. What else is there?

'Cause the lazy thing to do is to blame Lefebvre. Easiest thing ever. Easy thing to say that Lefebvre couldn't come out with being able to transform every single Timmins picks. Less lazy to say that after reviewing it...he actually had 20% to work with. And that in the end, you might have a case with 4 players out of every draft pick Timmins gave him. Teh day that people started to add the D'Agostni and the Sergei Kostitsyn in the list of great picks by Timmins is the day, I guess we could add Andrighetto in the list of great achievements by Lefebvre.

And again, I don't think your problem with my point of views is that i'M repeating myself....but the fact that you don't agree with me. I mean...do we really have to look at every post of every member including yourself about things that are being repeated? I mean...this is just a hockey forum. And it's a Montreal Canadiens forum. I could talk to you about robotics to be sure that I'm not going to repeat myself but there's actually no point to this....

So if your point is that everybody has a role in how much we sucked? I agree. If your point is to say that maybe with better picks, Lefebvre would have done better....but with a greater AHL coach, Timmins would have looked better, I agree. So if my entire stance isn't directed at you...well it's not.

I know one thing. This team sucks. For 25 years now. And the 1 and ONLY guy who is still here since Timmins came on board is....Timmins. At one point, when are you held accountable for lack of results....

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What do you expect? Every kid should start top 6 and top 4? So Suzuki looked great as the season progressed...but it's despite Julien and not because of him? Geez man, this is tough to follow. So Mete was rushed..but Suzuki was held down? What the heck is a good usage of a kid? When are they rushed and when are they not? I don't get this man. Isn't given kids 4th line duties by slowly getting them in a lineup not rushing them? Isn't it the good way? Would you prefer top 1st line right of the bat...but then if they would do badly, we would be able to say how rushed they were?

Evans vs Suzuki? Well maybe age? Evans more pro experience? Evans had been playing 6 years now with men. It was Suzuki 1st year...as talented as he is.

And again...true. There is nothing wrong with that. He should have done more. But he didn't have a lot. Point being....if he needs what everybody else needs, I guess he's not amongst the best. Then, again, if everything you say is true about context, I guess context is needed for Lefebvre also. And while you did say that we have nothing else to look at as far as Lefebvre coaching is concerned, I guess we won't know if he's able to do more with a better team.

So my only and final question about it is that...if it's acceptable to say that 2012-2013 was weak and Timmins couldn't make miracles, why should we have expected for Lefebvre to make something out of Fucale or McCarron? Weak is weak isn't it? For everybody? Yes, Lefebvre should have been able to do more than close to nothing. But I will never be convinced that we missed a top player because of his ineptitude. Fillers? Yes. But Timmins had a good name not because of O'Byrne and Lapierre, but because of Price, McDonagh, Pacioretty and Subban.

Surely. But it doesn't give people the right to invent things about Lefebvre. DaChampion was talking about how Lefebvre was not doing things to improve the kids...while I provided him a link to an article that were saying how he was with Scherbak. Video interviews. Even the benefits of healthy snacks and etc. But he was riding the rookies hard and was not accepting half-ass efforts. Maybe too hard on certain kids who couldn't take it. Should, I guess, have been able to adapt to each kid. Seems to me he had one-way for everybody.

As far as Timmins, well you haven't been around...while you were. Timmins being the best was often discussed. Timmins being top 5 was OFTEN discussed. My problem with those analysis is that it's almost impossible to come to that idea for 2 reasons. Most head scouts were replaced during Timmins time in Montreal. So maybe that team or this team had a poorer record...but maybe the head scout that brought most of the bad results from this or that team was replaced and his replacement is doing much better. Then, while it's great to take context into consideration as far as low number of picks, or bad draft years...I will tell you that when it's time to make comparisons...NOBODY will ever look at context for other teams. Surely, The Rangers head scout sucked....though nobody will mention how they never had 1st rounders to work with from 2013 to 2016 inclusively. 2 of those years without even 2nd rounders. Etc.

'Cause the lazy thing to do is to blame Lefebvre. Easiest thing ever. Easy thing to say that Lefebvre couldn't come out with being able to transform every single Timmins picks. Less lazy to say that after reviewing it...he actually had 20% to work with. And that in the end, you might have a case with 4 players out of every draft pick Timmins gave him. Teh day that people started to add the D'Agostni and the Sergei Kostitsyn in the list of great picks by Timmins is the day, I guess we could add Andrighetto in the list of great achievements by Lefebvre.

And again, I don't think your problem with my point of views is that i'M repeating myself....but the fact that you don't agree with me. I mean...do we really have to look at every post of every member including yourself about things that are being repeated? I mean...this is just a hockey forum. And it's a Montreal Canadiens forum. I could talk to you about robotics to be sure that I'm not going to repeat myself but there's actually no point to this....

So if your point is that everybody has a role in how much we sucked? I agree. If your point is to say that maybe with better picks, Lefebvre would have done better....but with a greater AHL coach, Timmins would have looked better, I agree. So if my entire stance isn't directed at you...well it's not.

I know one thing. This team sucks. For 25 years now. And the 1 and ONLY guy who is still here since Timmins came on board is....Timmins. At one point, when are you held accountable for lack of results....

It comes off like you want him fired for the sake of someone getting fired. Your zealousness is really off putting.

Chill !

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
After 18 years of the same man, I think there should be a change on account of results. At one point Habs management should stop beating a dead horse and fire him.

Money Molson had the chance to clean house after the Habs had the 2nd worst season since they started playing more then 50 games. MB, Julien, Timmins, Churla, scouts on both sides, it would have been justified. He didn't, so it seems unlikely that's going to happen any time soon. The farm system is the deepest i've ever seen it, but with a jackass making terrible decisions calling up 20 year old centers that get benched but somehow days later they are good enough for the NHL or a 20 year old goalie that gives up 14 goals in 3 games but somehow is ready to face the top offense in the NHL at the time.

So now we have to hope that they hit on some of these D prospects, something like philly with Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Gostisbehere, York, Wylie, Hagg etc.. Not saying ours will be as good or not as they used 5 top 41 picks to our 1 top 41 picks and he was 38th, although Sergachev would look very good to go with our current group.

Reactions: DAChampion

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It comes off like you want him fired for the sake of someone getting fired. Your zealousness is really off putting.

Chill please.

You mean....me wanting it to happen will mean that it will happen?I get it. People can voice their opinion....but only if it goes the way you want.

By the way, in order of me wanting somebody to be fired, Bergevin comes first. I'd fire Molson too, but that's impossible. And Timmins comes right after. By the way, we are all overzealous on management or players. It's not because it's about somebody you love that it's any different.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Money Molson had the chance to clean house after the Habs had the 2nd worst season since they started playing more then 50 games. MB, Julien, Timmins, Churla, scouts on both sides, it would have been justified. He didn't, so it seems unlikely that's going to happen any time soon. The farm system is the deepest i've ever seen it, but with a jackass making terrible decisions calling up 20 year old centers that get benched but somehow days later they are good enough for the NHL or a 20 year old goalie that gives up 14 goals in 3 games but somehow is ready to face the top offense in the NHL at the time.

So now we have to hope that they hit on some of these D prospects, something like philly with Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Gostisbehere, York, Wylie, Hagg etc.. Not saying ours will be as good or not as they used 5 top 41 picks to our 1 top 41 picks and he was 38th, although Sergachev would look very good to go with our current group.

I agree that I don't think it will be happening right now sadly. To be clear, I also want Bergevin gone, even more than Timmins.

Maybe it's just me becoming cynical, but I heard so often that we have an amazing prospects group since I started following closely the team. I will list these groups (players that matured together) with the most discussed and touted prospects. First it was :

Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Komisarek, Hainsey, Hossa, Balej, Milroy, Korneyev.

Kostitsyn, Lapierre, O'byrne, Locke, Halak, Chipchura, Emelin, Grabovski, Streit.

Price, Latendresse, Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, Fischer, Maxwell, White, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban, Weber (This is the only superior/elite group)

Kristo, Trunev, Leblanc, Nattinen, Avstin, Bennett

Tinordi, Gallagher, MacMillan, Beaulieu, Didier, Nygren, Galchenyuk, Collberg, Thrower, Hudon

McCarron, De La Rose, Fucale, Lekhonen, Evans, Scherbak, Vejdemo, Juulsen

At some point, pretty much all these groups were overhyped and I've seen post/articles on most of these groups that it was "the deepest" since long ago.

Reactions: Archijerej

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

The whole ''rush'' thing is bogus for me. This is an hindsight evaluation. When Leblanc looked great during his 1st year, who in here were saying that his usage sucked and that we had to be careful not to rush him? To send him back down? Who was saying that for Galchy? Everybody loved it and thought it was the start of something. Just like we're doing with Suzuki and JK. Is JK rushed? Call it now. 'Cause if not, it will be another hindsight.

No where did I say every player has to be top 6/top 4. This team has proven they struggle to develop skill under the MT/Julien eras. If you have a skilled playmaker, you don't put him with Thompson, if you want to develop his offensive game. It's not Julien's job per say as this stuff should have been done in the AHL if we had a coach that knew what he was doing. But that said you don't put Galchenyuk or Scherbak on the 4th line cause they are wasted there. Guys like DLR, McCarron, etc.. it's fine to put them on the 4th line because that's their upside

The Habs stunk, Pac was injured, Scherbak was on pace for the best U-22 season in the AHL in over 10 years why not try him with Galchenyuk and Gallagher? What would it have hurt, either they click or we get a better draft pick. But not for our dinosaur of a coach, you have to try to win 2-1 with grinders.

Suzuki was coming off over 300 pts in the OHL since his age 17 season and completely dominated the OHL playoffs, likely the best junior league in the world right now. We are talking a high end player here, not saying he's Crosby or McDavid, but why put him on the 4th line when he clearly is looking like he's a 1st line talent already.

Mete was rushed he should have been in the OHL and then the AHL to work on his offensive game. Being rushed is not bogus, it doesn't mean they won't make it, it's saying they weren't ready. Kotka was clearly rushed or else Julien wouldn't have had to shelter him his entire rookie year. Some of us wanted him to stay in Liiga one more year like the Nucks did with Petterson. Fans will quick to tell us how wrong we were until this year in the regular season, then not so much.

For the AHLers the thing to look at is how they play, the weaknesses in their game and how they improve there. Did Beaulieu improve on his weaknesses from start of year to the end, did DLR, McCarron, Leblanc, Tinordi, etc... Look at Brook and Evans, how much they progressed from the start of the year to the end, we'll see if that continues or not but that's what you want to see. Not prospects making the same mistakes then getting called up.

Also I wasn't for Galchenyuk making the team in his first year and I pointed out how fans that were giddy over Kotka after his rookie year need to remember that Galchenyuk was improving every year until Julien and something turned to shit for him which we know there are rumors of off ice so who knows if that is what did it. I seem to recall many didn't want Leblanc called up because we sucked but I believe I was ok with it since he was doing so well in Hamilton. I didn't think he would turn to shit the next season but I also don't get paid to make those calls.

who said anything about missing out on a top player? You seem to just add stuff that I don't see anyone saying. Leblanc on was pace for 20 pts as 20 year old rookie in the NHL, Beaulieu showed he could produce in the NHL, McCarron was starting to show he could produce as a 20 year old rookie in the AHL, Tinordi may finally have turned into what many of us thought he would.

Lefebvre mishandled players, I don't care how weak of prospects some were, a good coach should be able to help at least some of these kids improve, instead just about all of them regressed. It blows my mind how anyone can even try to defend what a shit show he was. For 8 years I have been saying how terrible a job he did, it's just flat out insane that I continue to repeat myself over and over and over after having watching almost every game every year. How many people can say they spent that much time watching those games but yet every year for all 8 years they keep telling me how they know better then me.

what do you mean I haven't been around? I've been here just about every day for 20 years. People talked about Timmins being one of the best pre MB era when we had Price, Subban, Pac, etc... I never saw anyone in the past several years after the shit show of '08-'15 call him the best. I just can't figure out where you get some of the stuff you say. Like people just putting all the blame on Lefebvre, or saying Timmins is the best, or that all prospects should be in the top 6/4. None of these are true now and if anyone says that just tell them that it was agreed by us that it's not the case. Maybe finally we can move on from some of these topics.

no no no no no. First off again, where the f*** do you come up with this stuff? Where do you see ANYONE saying that Lefebvre couldn't come out with being able to transform every single Timmins picks? Where did you get that, cause NO ONE would ever say that an AHL coach needs to hit on EVERY prospect. That's insane. You just keep putting extremes that no one is saying or I need new glasses cause I just don't see it.

2nd, f*** no, I don't care about what's easy, I call it how I see it. Again do you have any idea how much f***ing time and money I spent to watch just about every AHL game. Why do you think I railed against Lefebvre so much for long that I had someone stalking me. I love our AHL teams, I have been following them very closely since the Citadell days. I called out every thing I saw from every AHL coach including my 2 favorites in Boucher and Bouchard. It has nothing to do with easy, cause it's what i saw.

3rd again I don't recall ever seeing anyone saying D'Agostini or Sergei Kostitsyn were GREAT picks. Where they solid picks, for sure, ask any NHL scout if they would be more then happy if 2 picks at 190th OA or later combine for almost 700 NHL games and almost 200 points. I bet most if not all would say very happy. So what does that make them, great picks no, good picks to me yes, to most NHL scouts I bet the answer would be yes.

4th I don't care about your stance or your opinions or any other posters on Lefebvre unless they watched the same amount of games over the years that I did. I know what I saw, I was right about him. I don't get personal, my point is how many years after he's gone do we need to talk about to what degree Lefebvre was shitty. It's 3 years now that he's gone, nothing we say will change what happened, you and I and some others have been talking about him for going on 9 years. You don't get tired of typing all this shit out, trying to remember what he did to each prospect over 6 years and how it impacted them? What's the point of it? He's gone, it's long over, it's not and never was all his fault and no one i have seen say it was and if they do we can just tell them they are wrong.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Timmins is the least of our hockey ops problems...

President. GM.

Any personnel changes that doesn't involve upgrading either or both of those roles is just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I agree that I don't think it will be happening right now sadly. To be clear, I also want Bergevin gone, even more than Timmins.

Maybe it's just me becoming cynical, but I heard so often that we have an amazing prospects group since I started following closely the team. I will list these groups (players that matured together) with the most discussed and touted prospects. First it was :

Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Komisarek, Hainsey, Hossa, Balej, Milroy, Korneyev.

Kostitsyn, Lapierre, O'byrne, Locke, Halak, Chipchura, Emelin, Grabovski, Streit.

Price, Latendresse, Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, Fischer, Maxwell, White, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban, Weber (This is the only superior/elite group)

Kristo, Trunev, Leblanc, Nattinen, Avstin, Bennett

Tinordi, Gallagher, MacMillan, Beaulieu, Didier, Nygren, Galchenyuk, Collberg, Thrower, Hudon

McCarron, De La Rose, Fucale, Lekhonen, Evans, Scherbak, Vejdemo, Juulsen

At some point, pretty much all these groups were overhyped and I've seen post/articles on most of these groups that it was "the deepest" since long ago.

I watched all of those prospects and of course while everyone is going to overrate their prospects as it's human nature, at the end of the day they are just that prospects. Just because they are knee deep doesn't mean it will amount to anything especially so when you have such terrible leadership at the top in MM/MB.

This organization under Money has just been one mistake after another after another. Yes MB has clearly won some trades but so far it hasn't gotten us anywhere and we just keep spinning our wheels wasting all those prime years of Price.

This farm system is knee deep, I know all our farm systems for the past 20 years, but it lacks high end talent so unless we hit on several and have Suzuki/Kotka do what we hope, we are likely f***ed. Had we lost to Pitt and won the lottery then I would say we would have been in great shape. so this doesn't mean just because we have so many solid prospects that it will amount to anything and of course i've been wrong plenty of times on many of those prospects as I fell for the Perezhogin's, the Kostitsyn's, Kristo, Collberg, Nygren, Reway (though the last 2 injuries/illness played a big part)

With this farm system the good news is how many picks are showing 1st round talent, the bad news is that just about all of them are in the early stages of development where things are easier to look good and things can quickly go the other way. Plus without those high end guys, which we may have in Norlinder, Caufield, Primeau, it's much tougher to build a contender since now we will need to hit on a lot of prospects and that is not likely. Not saying we can't do that just that with more high end clearly we would be in better shape.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

President. GM.

Any personnel changes that doesn't involve upgrading either or both of those roles is just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic
True, but he is in the group that just needs to go................since Mol$on bought the team from Gillette, the organization has been one of the worst managed teams in the league, with ZERO results................big changes are needed. MB and Mol$on are an awful duo to run the team, and the proof is right in front of everyone....

Remembering back, when we had had Komi, Higgins,Chipchura, Balej, etc we were ranked #1 with drafting and prospects, and it led us nowhere.............it's not that Timmins hasn't done some great stuff, Max,Price,Subban etc but seriously it's time, for some real change. Said it before, and will say it again, the montreal media both franco and anglo are perimeter pansies, and have lost their edge. This would never have been accepted many years ago.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Chill !
Not really. He comes off as someone who sees the crap TT and his staff have been passing off as talented prospects and is fed up. During TT's tenure we went through 7 coaches, three GMs, two owners and I can't count the number of players. But the common thread through all those eras: a lack of talented players. Where do you get most of your players: through the head scout. The two most popular excuses for his pathetic work:

1) He has been deprived of picks and good picks. Since he's been here he has made 127 picks. How many picks should he have had? 03 and 04 each team had 9 picks so that's 18. The rest of the years it was 7 picks. 7 picks X 15 drafts = 98. 98 + 18 is 116 picks he should have had. He had 127 instead. So he wasn't deprived of picks. No, no, he was deprived of #1s is the flip side of that excuse. He has been here for 17 drafts. He has had 17 first round picks. And then the excuses get even more ridiculous, he has had low first round picks. My answer is why the puck do we need a head scout if the answer is high draft picks. And if you're not satisfied with that answer go look at the botched first round picks we've had in the last 17 drafts: Starting with Andre K. and then going on to Chipchura, Fischer, Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, McCarron, Sherbak. And I won't count the last 5 years. He may geta hit or two there.

2) The second reason is that we had dumb GMs and they gave away his great picks. I can think of only two trades that screwed TT's picks where we didn't get equal value in return: McDonagh and Sergachev. That's it. How many trades did we make where the GMs received added value: Domi-Galchenyuk as an example. Pacioretty as another.

No, Whitesnake is not a zealot. He's a fed-up fan like many of us.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
On the contrary. The realities of the Montreal market are such, that we will NEVER be an elite team without elite drafting and development. Anything below elite is just a waste of time.

Now, we have fired Lefebvre and brought in Bouchard. I have my reservations about this guy, but the majority seems to be head over heels with him. So let's suppose that's elite development.

We have Julien as the head coach. There are many who would still consider him to be among the elite coaches in the NHL. He presided over the growth of some absolutely fantastic players in Boston. Then there's Dusharme as Julien's potential successor, also the majority's darling.

And then there's Timmins. Even if we concede to his defenders' arguments, I still don't see an elite head scout. I very much doubt the guys doing the drafting in Tampa, Carolina or Chicago would require the same kind of defense to convince people they know what they're doing.

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad