Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He did that for Gally. When Patch came back, he put him in a position to be an offensive player and not a 3rd liner. And did the same thing for PK. But he hated Eller. And wasn't fond of Chuck's game. Easy to blame him for Eller who proved once he was out of here that he was indeed a good player. Tougher to blame on Chuck who didn't prove it.
He never gave Chuck a consistent opportunity and he repeatedly would take the gig away from him even when he was having success. He was terrible with him.

But he was terrible with most players. Eller, Subban, Beaulieu... holy f*** he was awful.

Good thing he's on the short list to replace CJ!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Are you sure you're talking about DD here ? I'll give you that he's not a drug addict, but you're describing a whole other player here.

His defensive efforts were disgusting. So we're his line changes. He was awful. I thank god every day he's not on the team anymore.
I'll never forget Karlsson holding him against the boards and him trying to play the puck with his hands.

He was a one way player who took all of his faceoffs in the offensive zone, sucked up PP time and played with one of the best foursomes in the league. And he STILL struggled to hit 60 points.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Are you sure you're talking about DD here ? I'll give you that he's not a drug addict, but you're describing a whole other player here.

His defensive efforts were disgusting. So we're his line changes. He was awful. I thank god every day he's not on the team anymore.
So the DD line was in the minus, the Galchy line was in the minus too, so which lines made the Habs get a shot in the PO? Are you sure overall the DD's line was in the minus?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So the DD line was in the minus, the Galchy line was in the minus too, so which lines made the Habs get a shot in the PO? Are you sure overall the DD's line was in the minus?
DD played with our best players.

It might well have been the best foursome in the league for a player to play with. Subban, Markov, Max and Gallagher. What an awesome situation for any center. Would've been great to give Chuck some more time with them.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Are we talking about DD or his linemates here ?

We can talk about his wingers or the D he usually played with if you want, but those would be different players.

Reactions: DAChampion

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He did that for Gally. When Patch came back, he put him in a position to be an offensive player and not a 3rd liner. And did the same thing for PK. But he hated Eller. And wasn't fond of Chuck's game. Easy to blame him for Eller who proved once he was out of here that he was indeed a good player. Tougher to blame on Chuck who didn't prove it.
Me too I can take Eller's bitterness and understand his feelings of betrayal because he proven with another team he was good, he was clearly misused in Mtl, but I can't take Galchy excuse on that one because he didn't prove anything after. Maybe he will pan out in Menne. Hopefully for him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
his drafting, often praised by many, has been utter trash in results. Its pathetic, whoever we draft from the 2nd round and on absolutely suck. Only Romanov and Hillis look good. The guy has had so many picks

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Also how come his production and play fell off a cliff after we traded him? Let's say we did ruin Galchenyuk and he was going to be a 100 point player but we ruined him into becoming 50+ point player with a 30 goal season. How come he became less than a 40 point player on the other teams? A player that nobody wanted for free? A player seen as a cap dump? How the hell does that fall on Montreals responsibility that he keeps getting worse and worse elsewhere? We f*cked up and picked the wrong player, Timmins should be thanking Bergevin that he managed to get a useful player for Galchenyuk.
Galchenyuk scores 30 goals in 15/16 and is PPG in December 2016 when he blows his knees. Enter Claude Julien in Feb 2017 and Galchenyuk finishes the season on the fourth line.
Galchenyuk was not a bad pick, no way.
I may have slightly rose tinted glasses, but I have a hard time seeing this doesn't play out a lot differently if we'd have had Gainey as GM then.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
I'm out of that Timmins convo....for now. Have fun people. Let just wish that this team find a freakin way to be relevant on all fronts...GM'ing, coaching, developing and drafting.

@Whitesnake, just a curious question.
As I recall, when I joined these boards som 10 years ago you were one of the posters that opened my eyes to Timmins, calling him one of the better scouts in the league and kind of an un-sung hero within the Hab's management?
When and how did that change?

Just a curious question.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
What I mean by notable is star players. That's what Timmins is being attacked for not getting. No doubt there are good roster players afterwards, I'd never say otherwise.

By all means, feel free to cherrypick some players taken in the 3rd or 4th rounds of those drafts. But there aren't going to be very many. When you draft low you're at a disadvantage to begin with. And when you draft low and don't have a 2nd or 3rd... good luck.
There aren't going to be many!? I named 11 and got tired of going through the list.

Timmins has been here for 17 drafts and these are the players he picked up that are still on the team: Price, Mete, Lehkonen, Gallagher. After 17 years of inept drafting the closest we have come to fill that @1 C is Suzuki and the moron MB got him, not Timmins. That has got to be a sign of how bad this man is at his job when MB does it better than Timmins.

And I'll head you off at the pass. It wasn't development. The single worst aspect of this organization is the person in charge of drafting. If I have time later today I'll go through every pick and demonstrate that the overwhelming major of Timmins' picks were cut loose before they even came under the scrutiny of our development team or after spending a very short time with them.

Reactions: Shabs

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

DD' +- was inaccurate because he strolled to the bench as slowly as possible whenever he lost the puck in the offensive zone. The - would go to Plekanec or Eller.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So 2 years of the new AHL staff and have we seen any fruits beared from it?

Evans looks decent but he isn't jumping out as anything about a Hudon or a Anderghetto. Phoeling isn't tearing it up. Mac never turned it around. Brook was playing forward at one point. Maybe the rocket make the playoffs, maybe they don't.

Meanwhile still waiting for TT to draft a 1c or 80 point forward after 17 years, maybe Max will make it playing for Vegas.

A team needing D man call TT. You need filler to get NHL pensions call TT. You want star forwards or have the 3 Overall pick stay away from the guy.
In 17 years he picked P.K. and McDonagh And maybe, maybe, Sergachev. Am I forgetting someone? Oh, yeah there's Romanov, Struble, Harris and a slew of other d-men prospects. That always seems to be the case with TT. He always has prospects that are just about to make it until they don't: Walford, Ellis, Dietz, Thrower, Tyszka, Lernout.

So, no. If I need a D-man I ain't going to TT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archijerej

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Galchenyuk scores 30 goals in 15/16 and is PPG in December 2016 when he blows his knees. Enter Claude Julien in Feb 2017 and Galchenyuk finishes the season on the fourth line.
Galchenyuk was not a bad pick, no way.
I may have slightly rose tinted glasses, but I have a hard time seeing this doesn't play out a lot differently if we'd have had Gainey as GM then.
I have trouble with posts that try to show that Chucky was mishandled by Montreal by demonstrating that his best years were here in Montreal. There's a flaw in logic.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I have trouble with posts that try to show that Chucky was mishandled by Montreal by demonstrating that his best years were here in Montreal. There's a flaw in logic.

Most of the time, once a player is ruined, he's ruined.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There aren't going to be many!? I named 11 and got tired of going through the list.

Timmins has been here for 17 drafts and these are the players he picked up that are still on the team: Price, Mete, Lehkonen, Gallagher. After 17 years of inept drafting the closest we have come to fill that @1 C is Suzuki and the moron MB got him, not Timmins. That has got to be a sign of how bad this man is at his job when MB does it better than Timmins.

And I'll head you off at the pass. It wasn't development. The single worst aspect of this organization is the person in charge of drafting.
There aren’t many stars. And those that are there are going to have to be cherry-picked. Of your list Holtby would qualify, where was he taken? Aho would qualify, he’s in the 2nd round... you’re talking like there were tons of stars that we just missed out on and that’s not the case.

As for development being our biggest problem... I think it killed us with our best prospects for sure. But the draft position was brutal too. Again this does not completely absolve Timmins, but he was dealt a lousy hand and not put in a position to succeed.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Most of the time, once a player is ruined, he's ruined.
Or the player simply lacks intellectual capacity to learn. Galchenyuk’s playing for his NHL career, let’s see how long this lasts

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
In the case of Galchenyuk, it's not that he hasn't learned, it's that he's gotten worse.
He also hasn’t learned squat - has zero clue about positioning and playing systems, how many coaches have tried to team him. This excuse making is absurd

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He also hasn’t learned squat - has zero clue about positioning and playing systems, how many coaches have tried to team him. This excuse making is absurd

He was learning very well prior to joining the Habs. That's how he became a third overall and that's how he had an incredible rookie campaign, where he scored 26 points at even strength playing only 11 even strength minutes a game.

Were you calling him low IQ in 2013? No, because that wasn't a thing.

My assumption is that the environment in Montreal eroded his passion for hockey, which is why he declined, with the situation exacerbated by injuries.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
DD' +- was inaccurate because he strolled to the bench as slowly as possible whenever he lost the puck in the offensive zone. The - would go to Plekanec or Eller.
Paccioretty had 4-5 seasons of 30 goals or more, whitch is something more than any of our actual forwards. Today the production of goals is spread on many forwards but in the "Paccio years" he was disproportionate important. Try to make an pourcentage of passes Paccio received to score his goals from each winger, center and d combined. Who gave him most of the passes to score in each pourcentage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad