Confirmed with Link: Trevor Lewis 2 year extension, $1.525m per year

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
OMG.. Trevor Lewis = Derek Armstrong! Very similar players... at least from what I remember of Armstrong.

Lewis baffles me because he seems to skate well, handles the puck well (at times), forechecks well and looks like he knows what he is doing out there but doesn't seem to get on the scoresheet often. Iagree with what you said about his shot being very predictable. He also seems to whiff or flat out miss the net on some glorious chances that anybody should be able to score on. I'm not sure if that is bad luck or just not focused enough.

I always thought Armstrong was a decent player that was just missing something that could have made him a good player. I'm not sure what it is.. maybe vision? I don't know.. but Lewis is kinda like him. He looks like he knows what he is doing but for some reason he seems to look better when you watch him more than the stats would indicate. How can Trevor Lewis be on par with Raitis Ivanans in terms of offensive production?

After I wrote that I laughed to myself about the comparison :laugh:

As I said I think he's not doing well on straight shots because he goes all old-school wrist-shot with the long windup and easy-to-read release. Even if it gets on net, it's usually harmless, but more often than not, the d is tipping his shots into the corner/out of play. Obviously that could use some work. But I am also baffled at his seeming inability to have luck with things like rebounds and assists. It's a much larger sample size now as damacles pointed out so obviously there's something not working there, but I still see the potential for an uptick in production based on what I see as his strengths. But I'm also a hopeless romantic :P

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00