Confirmed with Link: Trevor Lewis 2 year extension, $1.525m per year

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Liked his play recently, and I'm not terrified when he's on the ice. Should be cheap thou.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'll guess $1.5m. This complicates things for next year, though I am not entirely surprised. I was looking at this the other day and next year is going to be a tight fit under the cap. I knew Lombardi wanted to keep Lewis, but was wondering if he'd sacrifice him for the cap. We know Clifford is close to being gone, but we need to shed at least another contract.

Obviously there is going to have to be moves made in the offseason, but if things remained internal, I think we are looking at approximately:

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Marian Gaborik ($6.500m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Dustin Brown ($5.875m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m)
Dwight King ($1.800m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.250m) / Tyler Toffoli ($0.717m)
Tanner Pearson ($0.736m) / Trevor Lewis ($1.500m) / Jordan Nolan ($0.700m)
Kyle Clifford ($1.075m) / Linden Vey ($0.850m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alec Martinez ($1.100m) / Drew Doughty ($7.000m)
Robyn Regehr ($3.000m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Jake Muzzin ($1.000m)
Brayden McNabb ($0.850m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($5.800m)
Martin Jones ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,441,894; BONUSES: $342,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): -$1,441,894

King may be a low shot, and Mitchell is there just in case we re-sign either him or Greene, if we don't then it represents the $3 million we spend to replace him to find a veteran defender, unless Dean is going to be all youth and internal. It wouldn't be hard to get those numbers to work under the cap for Lombardi, but leaves us little to maneuver with.

Not a representation or point of anything other than to note that our capspace will be tight next season.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
i think the Gabby at 6.5 is high, hoping 3/4yr 5M
that brown contract is going to be an eye sore

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
i think the Gabby at 6.5 is high, hoping 3/4yr 5M
that brown contract is going to be an eye sore

I don't see it. He is a free agent and has played extremely well and has leverage. Even if he wants to stay here he will definitely get paid in my opinion. He certainly won't maintain his current $7.5 million cap hit, but I see us doing a 3 or more year front loaded deal for him. He's definitely not going to be paid less than many of the other players on our roster. I'd be very surprised if he signed for less than $6 million per year.

Not horrible, Lewis provides a lot to the bottom 6. Just stings a little, I hope Dean locks in King for less than $2 million. I think he is worth $2.1 million, but the bottom 6 is starting to get pricey. The last report I heard about the cap was that the league was negotiating a $70 million cap. It is going to be a tight year next season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I had Gaborik at 5.5 but I think it's best to overestimate.

Agree on Lewis/King caphits. It almost certainly means we're losing Clifford or someone like him if we attempt to retain Gaborik.

Without starting another discussion altogether a low cap also raises the question of the long-term viability of Richards/Brown in particular especially with the impending UFAs Martinez and Regehr and upcoming RFAs like Toffoli and Pearson. Team is going to get its first significant facelift this offseason imo. But I'm glad DL and co. see Lewis the way I do--that long-term Draper-style 3rd/4th liner for the Kings.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
I had Gaborik at 5.5 but I think it's best to overestimate.

Agree on Lewis/King caphits. It almost certainly means we're losing Clifford or someone like him if we attempt to retain Gaborik.

Without starting another discussion altogether a low cap also raises the question of the long-term viability of Richards/Brown in particular especially with the impending UFAs Martinez and Regehr and upcoming RFAs like Toffoli and Pearson. Team is going to get its first significant facelift this offseason imo. But I'm glad DL and co. see Lewis the way I do--that long-term Draper-style 3rd/4th liner for the Kings.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell is gone as well as Greene. Just depends on how willing the Kings are to move McNabb in as a full time sixth defenseman. Maybe sign a cheap 7/8 guy ala Mike Weaver, Mark Fayne, Scott Hannan. Maybe Forbort proves ready in preseason and/or maybe the Kings give Campbell a shot at a fulltime spot.

A lot they could do, doesn't mean they drop Clifford. Seems inevitable though.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Not horrible, Lewis provides a lot to the bottom 6. Just stings a little, I hope Dean locks in King for less than $2 million. I think he is worth $2.1 million, but the bottom 6 is starting to get pricey. The last report I heard about the cap was that the league was negotiating a $70 million cap. It is going to be a tight year next season.

King should track in pretty equal to Lewis, I doubt DL gives him anything around $2M. when you look at what each guy brings they are similar. King gives you more offensively, while Lewis is a more versatile guy used in different situations. their offensive numbers don't jump off the page and both are bottom 6 players. I can't see King getting anything over $1.5M. Lewis went from $750 to $1.3M, so i think King will like scale from $750 to around $1.5M

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell is gone as well as Greene. Just depends on how willing the Kings are to move McNabb in as a full time sixth defenseman. Maybe sign a cheap 7/8 guy ala Mike Weaver, Mark Fayne, Scott Hannan. Maybe Forbort proves ready in preseason and/or maybe the Kings give Campbell a shot at a fulltime spot.

A lot they could do, doesn't mean they drop Clifford. Seems inevitable though.

i could see Dean going with the current D (DD, VV, Amart, Muzzin, RR) + Campbell and McNabb. It honestly wouldn't surprise me. They (he and Sutter) stuck with the ups/downs of breaking in Muzzin, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them do it again with Soup and McNabb.

the long term of Richards/Brown is further shadowed when you factor in Amart, Toffoli, Pearson and Muzzin after next season. finally the big payout which is going to be big, will be Kopitar after the '15-'16 season, which should easily approach $7.5M without blinking. with his play and escalation of salaries it will likely push $9M

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad