Rumor: Trevor Daley requests trade to playoff team

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oilers don't need any more dmen... Especially a left handed one.

Unless it's a #1d, we don't really have a spot for them or want to trade assets for them.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think Daley has much left in the tank and his contract is kind of pricey for a veteran #6/#7 . Even at 50% retained thats not a cheap contract. Can't see too much interest around the league but maybe i'm wrong.

Reactions: 405Exit

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Guy had 1 point as of a week ago and doubled his season production tonight. I can’t imagine many playoff teams are interested in Daley. Maybe as a 7th D?

Yah who the hell is going to take em on??? I mean I would even use the 7th D spot with someone else. Completely agree. If I’m going into the playoffs with a 6 or 7 slot available. I’m not jumping at Daley at the deadline.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
How the hell is he 36? That went by quick. He’s quietly Had a very respectable career. Over 1,000 games. That’s some good experience to add as depth for a playoff team. I can’t imagine the price is too high on him.

You’re not looking at the entire landscape with what’s available. I’ll take Brenden Dillon over this guy in a heartbeat as a playoff team, and I don’t even like him.

I don’t see how he even fits in on a 6 or 7 slot playoff team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oilers make no sense whatsoever. With Benning back, they have too many Dmen as is with decent bottom pairing options in Jones and Persson not making the top 6.
Everybody knows they need forward help and that they have too many bottom pairing D, except for Pierre McGuire apparently.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You’re not looking at the entire landscape with what’s available. I’ll take Brenden Dillon over this guy in a heartbeat as a playoff team, and I don’t even like him.

I don’t see how he even fits in on a 6 or 7 slot playoff team.
Well sure, but Dillon will cost much more imo. I wasn’t saying Daley should be a teams markey acquisition but if a team is looking for an insurance policy for the playoffs it’s not a bad idea to have a veteran defenseman like him to plug in on the bottom pair if needed.

Reactions: 37Bergenov14

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oilers make no sense whatsoever. With Benning back, they have too many Dmen as is with decent bottom pairing options in Jones and Persson not making the top 6.
Everybody knows they need forward help and that they have too many bottom pairing D, except for Pierre McGuire apparently.
If it was like Daley and Helm for Russell and Gagner, maybe. But Russell wouldn't waive and I'm not sure Helm plays much center anymore.

McGuire's wrong. Makes no sense.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Well sure, but Dillon will cost much more imo. I wasn’t saying Daley should be a teams markey acquisition but if a team is looking for an insurance policy for the playoffs it’s not a bad idea to have a veteran defenseman like him to plug in on the bottom pair if needed.

Shark fans are being delusional if they think he’s going to cost a second. Someone flip a high third? And that gets you Dillon. I’m still waiting to see a second going to Sharks for a 29 year old UFA in this good of a draft. Don’t worry I’ll wait till TDL, and we’ll see what he goes for.

Lots of better options than Daley imo

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If he's not even a regular on that Wings team he's probably not a regular on a playoff team but as a depth #7 or #8 you can probably do a lot worse. He has big game experience, brings leadership and can play the left or right side if needed. Probably not worth more than a late round pick though.

The game he played in the playoffs a couple years back when Letang was suspended for 1 game was one of the more impressive individual performances I can recall. Seems like a good guy, hope he finds a landing spot as this seems like it'll be his last year.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
As much as I love Daley for all his years on the Stars I don’t think he’s the kind of guy teams are looking to bring in for a cup run at this point in his career. Hope I’m wrong and someone adds him as a 7th, but I hope it’s not my team.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
For a 4th round pick, the Kings will act as a middleman and eat half his salary.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I guess daley can get a 5th at 50% retention. Not exactly deal that will change playoff structure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad