Rumor: Trevor Daley requests trade to playoff team

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
HF's perceived value of a player and the general consensus among NHL GM's perceived value of a player are two completely different things. Not saying I think Daley is worth anything BUT that's not to say some team looking to add veteran experienced depth at the deadline isn't willing to throw a mid round pick to get a guy like Daley. McGuire mentions the Oilers because he knows the clown managing that club is the same one who has a history of overpaying for depth at the deadline.. Prepare to be disappointed, Oiler fans..

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
HF's perceived value of a player and the general consensus among NHL GM's perceived value of a player are two completely different things. Not saying I think Daley is worth anything BUT that's not to say some team looking to add veteran experienced depth at the deadline isn't willing to throw a mid round pick to get a guy like Daley. McGuire mentions the Oilers because he knows the clown managing that club is the same one who has a history of overpaying for depth at the deadline.. Prepare to be disappointed, Oiler fans..

we already have 17 defencemen, we sure don’t need any more. We already have Russell in the “overpaid bottom pairing defenceman” slot.

Reactions: BHD

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
It seems pretty simple to me. The trade deadline is in a month. The landscape is going to look different for some teams then. It feels good to say you have 6 or 7 healthy guys now. It rolls off the tongue nicely. There will be a team in the playoffs who would like to have Daley on their team when the time comes. Just my guess

Reactions: SirloinUB

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
It seems pretty simple to me. The trade deadline is in a month. The landscape is going to look different for some teams then. It feels good to say you have 6 or 7 healthy guys now. It rolls off the tongue nicely. There will be a team in the playoffs who would like to have Daley on their team when the time comes. Just my guess

He is the classic veteran D moved at 2:00 on deadline day for a 6th that can turn into a conditional 5th.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'd happily take someone's FCs just to have him off the roster. I'm sure he's a great guy, but what a terrible signing.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
He’s having a very down year but if Detroit retained 50% on him. I’m sure someone will give a late round pick for Daley as your 7th-8th defenseman at 1.583m and just let him walk after the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->