Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
giphy.gif

Reactions: Morrison

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I think he'll be a 7th dman add by a younger team and would be a good one, even if he doesn't get into a game. He's won what, like 2 cups? Sometimes that invaluable. People knocking Daley are the same ones who knock when Poile or someone picks up a goon in February when it looks like you might play Vegas. Sometimes you just gotta shore things up. I don't have an issue with any playoff team lacking leadership adding this guy for a late round pick

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
A 4th round pick would be the very most Detroit could get with retention. He is a good locker room presence and has seen it all. He can play either side. It's not like picks deep into the second day often materialize into players, and if he can provide a steady presence during practice and maybe a game or two down the stretch that is somewhat valuable.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Yzerman simply does him a professional courtesy to find a fit for him even if nothing materializes.

Reactions: Adityase

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if the Avs got him, that seems an astute suggestion from LeBrun. The current seventh defensman is Barberio who isn't all that good himself. I'm quite certain the Avs will add a defensman for depth before the deadline (obviously I am hoping and think it needs to be at least a second pairing calibre defender, but that's probably unlikely). Daley...as the poster said above, he's got experience, I could see Sakic tossing a late pick the Wings' way.

Reactions: Adityase and BHD

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
For a 4th round pick, the Kings will act as a middleman and eat half his salary.

Assuming anybody even wants him at this point, Wings don't really need a middleman for salary purposes. Wings are more than capable of retaining the full 50% themselves, if it means actually getting anything in return for him.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Assuming anybody even wants him at this point, Wings don't really need a middleman for salary purposes. Wings are more than capable of retaining the full 50% themselves, if it means actually getting anything in return for him.

I meant on top of the 50% that the Wings would likely be retaining

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He didn't request a trade, it was more like he probably told Yzerman that if there is a trade he would like to play for a Cup. Or more likely Yzerman asked him if he wants to go elsewhere for the playoffs to which he said yes.

That being said, he shouldn't be in your Top 6 if you want to win a Cup and don't have injuries. Someone picking him up as injury depth could work, but I think there are a number of better options on non playoff teams that are younger and playing better. Daley has been quite bad this year. The best the Wings could get is a 5th or 6th or a cond. 7th or something so nothing interesting for us even if he gets moved.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
at 50% retained i'm sure there's some team that would like to have him as 7th D. Realistic return is maybe like a 5th.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd love to see him come back to the Pens.

The last few games I have seen him this year, he's looked good, wheels are still there, in limited minutes he's a fantastic depth piece. If the Pens can get him to be the 7th guy and rotate him in as the LD with Riikola, I would definitely love to see the guy back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yzerman is probably going to do Daley a courtesy, much the same way Armstrong did with Fabbri. It isn't always about "winning" a trade.
Yeah, I think the only reason Daley didn't sign with Pittsburgh was the cap restraints, I wonder if that's where he'd like to come back to, the team could really use him for depth.

Reactions: BHD

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
As much as I love Daley for all his years on the Stars I don’t think he’s the kind of guy teams are looking to bring in for a cup run at this point in his career. Hope I’m wrong and someone adds him as a 7th, but I hope it’s not my team.

Pens added Mark Streit in 16-17, Daley could be a somewhat similar addition to a team as a depth guy.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
playoff teams always looking for a 7th/8th D. He'll get a late round pick with salary retention

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Idk Streit at 50% was traded as veteran D depth for a 4th in 2017, so I feel like it's reasonable to say that Daley at 50% would be traded for something similar. I'd be happy to add him as D depth for a playoff run for the price he'd cost.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Definitely interested (as others have stated) - as a 7th D.

If this were the start of the season, I wouldn't want to sacrifice any time to our AHL call-ups...but headed down the stretch I'd take Daley over Riikola or Ruhwedel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad