Votes: 6 6.1%
  • $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Figured someone would be happy to see him in a little slump. Not sure why, but you do you.

He's still generating chances for himself and his line mates, the goals just haven't come for a few weeks. It'll probably shake out but I wonder what the lines look like come playoff time.

FWIW he's tied for 4th with the captain for pts at even strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldnblack

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Howdy

Frederic was good last night but the previous handful of games seemed off - maybe residual after Jeannot opened him up

I like him as a bottom six - he plays hard but I want more from him

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Figured someone would be happy to see him in a little slump. Not sure why, but you do you.

He's still generating chances for himself and his line mates, the goals just haven't come for a few weeks. It'll probably shake out but I wonder what the lines look like come playoff time.

FWIW he's tied for 4th with the captain for pts at even strength.
Happy? Nah, I wanted him to make an even bigger leap this year than he did last year and make me eat crow for being critical of him in the past and doubting his ability to replicate last season. In reality, I'm just having a laugh at some of the folks who came here after every goal he scored early in the season to talk about his "pace", and how they disappeared once he went cold. This is why I always laugh at conversations about pace, because most folks would have guessed Freddy was poised to easily score 20 goals.

Now if you want my honest evaluation about his play, I think he was really good to start the season, but as it's worn on, he's gotten more invisible for long stretches. Not that he's been bad, but just not as noticeable as he was earlier in the season. Maybe he's got a nagging injury, or maybe he's hit a wall because playing 2 minutes more per night than he had been and in different phases of the game is mentally and physically challenging. Either way, I'm happy he's duplicated his previous season and he still has a chance to get to 20, so I'm pulling for him. If I'm being honest though, I'm still a little disappointed with how his last 2 months have gone. The team is far more difficult to deal with when he's producing on his line.

Is that fair?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You and I remember this off-season very differently.

As for the rest - that's a fine take.
I wasn’t talking about the off season but rather the early part of the year, when he was putting up some good numbers. It looked like an easy lock for him to get to 20. Still has a chance too. So hopefully he gets out of this slump in the last two games.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I wasn’t talking about the off season but rather the early part of the year, when he was putting up some good numbers. It looked like an easy lock for him to get to 20. Still has a chance too. So hopefully he gets out of this slump in the last two games.
I mean he has 18 goals.

Reactions: goldnblack

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I would’ve liked to have scene him in Heinens spot. I think it’s fair to say he’d be at 25 goals now if he got an extended look with Pasta and Zacha. Plus it adds a bit of size and toughness to that line.

Reactions: BBruins and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I would’ve liked to have scene him in Heinens spot. I think it’s fair to say he’d be at 25 goals now if he got an extended look with Pasta and Zacha. Plus it adds a bit of size and toughness to that line.
That move would have made more sense early rather than now when he’s clearly been snake bitten. But it’s an interesting idea to consider for next season.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's hard to knock that line though, they sure seem to bring the best out of each other.

I wonder how much JVR's illness and decline in play has effected Frederic's recent dry spell. Seemed like those two were pretty inseparable through the first half of the season.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He’s been fine. Started off the year blazing hot and has cooled off the past couple months. Putting up similar numbers to players getting top 6 deployments and PP time. Far from the biggest issue on the team.

Though I would like to see him turn it back around in the playoffs. He has been a no show in the playoffs in his career. Specifically this year he’s been solid.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ive been on the pro freddy side since last summer but id like to see if he can produce in the playoffs...
1000007251.jpg

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Rough ending to his season after looking like he was really going to break out. Only 1 more goal than last year with only two goals since mid February on. Ooof. Hopefully he turns it back on in the playoffs because the teams that have secondary scoring are the ones that typically win. Can't expect it to all come from Pasta alone.

But hey, his pace early one was a lot of fun, no? :naughty:

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Rough ending to his season after looking like he was really going to break out. Only 1 more goal than last year with only two goals since mid February on. Ooof. Hopefully he turns it back on in the playoffs because the teams that have secondary scoring are the ones that typically win. Can't expect it to all come from Pasta alone.

I found it funny that in the game against Ottawa, Brick said something to the effect of "Frederic is built for playoff hockey." If that's the case, we sure as hell haven't seen it! To me, it's not even so much about him being pointless over 9 postseason games. It's his inability to do the little things well: get pucks in deep, be aggressive on the forecheck, being a physical presence. There's a reason he was healthy scratched by two different coaches.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Guy was T72 in the league for 5v5 points and T75 for 5v5 goals and you’re jumping on right before the playoffs somehow taking some sort of victory lap about your opinions of him. Which were terrible and proven terrible. How sad.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Here is a partial list of players who had fewer goals than Trent Frederic at 5v5 this year (obviously still a handful of games tonight but still):

Elias Pettersen
Matthew Tkachuk
Claude Giroux
Robert Thomas
Matt Barzal
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Mark Scheifele
Sasha Barkov
Anne Kopitar

and

Alexander Ovechkin

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Here is a partial list of players who had fewer goals than Trent Frederic at 5v5 this year (obviously still a handful of games tonight but still):

Elias Pettersen
Matthew Tkachuk
Claude Giroux
Robert Thomas
Matt Barzal
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Mark Scheifele
Sasha Barkov
Anne Kopitar

and

Alexander Ovechkin
That's a laughable list because everyone in their right mind would take any of those guys Freddy and you know this. I mean shit, most of the guys that you listed were near or above a PPG, FFS. You listing them and then implying that the only difference between these guys and Freddy is PP TOI is so wildly disingenuous. All of those guys have easily scored more than 20 goals multiple times in their careers where Freddy has never done that once.

This is why we can't have an honest discussion around here. Intellectual dishonesty.

I found it funny that in the game against Ottawa, Brick said something to the effect of "Frederic is built for playoff hockey." If that's the case, we sure as hell haven't seen it! To me, it's not even so much about him being pointless over 9 postseason games. It's his inability to do the little things well: get pucks in deep, be aggressive on the forecheck, being a physical presence. There's a reason he was healthy scratched by two different coaches.
Yeah I got a chuckle out of that one too, especially given he'd been benched in the playoffs multiple times now for being largely ineffective. He should be built for playoff hockey, but it's a mindset and an intensity you either have or don't. Hopefully he figures it out.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad