Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love Frederic. Think he’ll become a good player. Wish several of our walking dead players had half as much moxy as he does.
The Skating Dead & Fire Sweeney Zombies playing route 114 Middleton on a hot summer night ..I miss those days

what was the one they were in the house and the zombies were coming and the sheriff was in there ?

was it Dawn of the Dead?

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
He better show better than he did this year ...but that might have something to do with Cassidy's short leash...look at Caufield ...give the youngsters some rope ...they just might surprise you..that being said Frederic is no Caufield...3rd line upside

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
He better show better than he did this year ...but that might have something to do with Cassidy's short leash...look at Caufield ...give the youngsters some rope ...they just might surprise you..that being said Frederic is no Caufield...3rd line upside

There is a big difference between Trent Frederic and Cole Caulfied. That sort of gets at the root of the real problem, which is our drafting. In fairness, Caufield was not available when the Bruins picked 30th in 2019, but I honestly question whether the Bruins would have taken him if he was there.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I sold Nevin a microwave oven when I was in High School and worked at Zayres.

Nevin Markwart walked into my law office two years ago. I had never even heard of the guy, honestly, and I consider myself about as big a Bruins fan as there is. It's funny to find out he's like a cult classic.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Nevin Markwart walked into my law office two years ago. I had never even heard of the guy, honestly, and I consider myself about as big a Bruins fan as there is. It's funny to find out he's like a cult classic.
Nevin hit everything that moved and was fearless. "The Kamikaze Kid". At 5'10 175lbs he still fought guys like John Kordic and Jay Wells. Laid a whopping on Claude Lemieux in a bench clearing brawl vs the Canadiens.

Always one of my favorites.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I’m probably one of a dozen who had a Markwart jersey..

:laugh:

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I sold him a bag phone when I worked at Lechmere. Also my buddy almost ran him over, he was roller blading over the Fore River Bridge in the traffic lane instead of the pedestrian walkway. He was nuts.
A funny story I remember about him from a Bruins game broadcast is that his parents named him after their favorite hockey player Bob Nevin. The Bruins announcer ( cant recall who it was at the time - maybe Dale Arnold ) joked good thing his parents favorite player wasn't Mike Krushelnyski.

Reactions: jgatie

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A funny story I remember about him from a Bruins game broadcast is that his parents named him after their favorite hockey player Bob Nevin. The Bruins announcer ( cant recall who it was at the time - maybe Dale Arnold ) joked good thing his parents favorite player wasn't Mike Krushelnyski.
I think "Krush Markwart" would've been appropriate for him.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Couldn't play on Bruce Cassidy's team against the Islanders 4th line.

Cool.

Coolcoolcool.

he took some dumb penalties all year. Probably was more an indictment on the horrible penalty kill why he didnt play. Cassidy didnt trust his team to kill the penalties he would take

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

A better comparison would be if the Bruins took Debrincat instead and didn't play him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There is a big difference between Trent Frederic and Cole Caulfied. That sort of gets at the root of the real problem, which is our drafting. In fairness, Caufield was not available when the Bruins picked 30th in 2019, but I honestly question whether the Bruins would have taken him if he was there.

Caufield came in and immediately produced. He had as many goals in his first 10 games as Trent has in 59 career games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad