Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Who's head did he get in recently? He hasn't done anything since very early on. Maybe he develops into something at some point, but as of now, he's a very limited player with a very limited skill set. What he brings to the table is not something they need to start the playoffs.

I think they need a physical presence unafraid to mix it up with Washington. I don't think Freddie cares who he goes up against, or who fights.

I think he's got a screw loose, and that's fine with me up to a point. He may be limited, but he will be in there, going at it.

That counts for a lot. Without some *iss and vinegar, the Bruins will not defeat the Capitols.

"Speed and skill, speed and skill." Not enough.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I liked his play early in the season with Kuraly and Wagner.

Very effective line to start.

Then he hit a wall and was more yapping than contributing.
I think he’ll be brought in as a spark if Wilson and Hathaway are running around, or if we get down in the series. He’ll be used at some point for sure.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think they need a physical presence unafraid to mix it up with Washington. I don't think Freddie cares who he goes up against, or who fights.

I think he's got a screw loose, and that's fine with me up to a point. He may be limited, but he will be in there, going at it.

That counts for a lot. Without some *iss and vinegar, the Bruins will not defeat the Capitols.

"Speed and skill, speed and skill." Not enough.

Can’t argue that...

Reactions: GordonHowe

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Frederic needs to be in. He has that ability to get under the skin of players. He may start taking players off their game. Remember when Marchand used to be followed around the ice because players wanted to kill him for mouthing off. Well Frederic can be that guy. They have undisciplined players like Wilson and Hathaway. You need to continually poke them or they’ll start just walking over everyone

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Frederic needs to be in. He has that ability to get under the skin of players. He may start taking players off their game. Remember when Marchand used to be followed around the ice because players wanted to kill him for mouthing off. Well Frederic can be that guy. They have undisciplined players like Wilson and Hathaway. You need to continually poke them or they’ll start just walking over everyone

For physicality, what they really need is guys who can come in hard and fast on the forecheck. That's not in Frederic's wheelhouse. I'm not sure putting him in to clown around is worth a roster spot.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
For physicality, what they really need is guys who can come in hard and fast on the forecheck. That's not in Frederic's wheelhouse. I'm not sure putting him in to clown around is worth a roster spot.
with you there, he doesn`t have the foot speed to force the Caps into making a bad pass or rushing them into a poor decision. I`m not a massive Khulman fan but his speed would be far more effective against them than Freddy.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Disagree...he is the only one that got both Wilson and ovi out of their game. If they lose the next one, he is a no brainer imo

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'm not sure who he comes in as an upgrade for. Maybe if Wagner is under-performing. Might be interesting to see what Frederic could bring to a playoff series. He kind of trailed off during the regular season, but some players find an extra spark in the playoffs, like Kuraly has in the past. Who knows, maybe Frederic might be similar.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'm not sure who he comes in as an upgrade for. Maybe if Wagner is under-performing. Might be interesting to see what Frederic could bring to a playoff series. He kind of trailed off during the regular season, but some players find an extra spark in the playoffs, like Kuraly has in the past. Who knows, maybe Frederic might be similar.

I agree. I think the Bruins could certainly use his physicality.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
i like wags but if frederic came in, he'd be the guy to sit. it would probably break up the
current bottom 6 all around.

big ritch - chucky 5 MIL - JDB
freddy - kuraly - laser
that bottom line looks so much better if it's Freddy-Lazar-Wags IMO. Don't think Kuraly was good last night and thought Wagner did his job well. Also hate the idea of forcing not 1, but 2 guys into non-natural positions (JDB and Lazar) just to keep a pretty ineffective Kuraly in the lineup.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Apparently it's not in anyone's wheelhouse, since I haven't seen anyone come in hard and fast! What some people forget is Freddy is a rookie and he still shows more than about 5 players who play regular. He hits, draws penalties, blocks shots, makes good passes, yaps, fights, back checks, and will actually shoot at the net. He could replace anyone on the 4th line except Lazar and I would be OK with it!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Apparently it's not in anyone's wheelhouse, since I haven't seen anyone come in hard and fast! What some people forget is Freddy is a rookie and he still shows more than about 5 players who play regular. He hits, draws penalties, blocks shots, makes good passes, yaps, fights, back checks, and will actually shoot at the net. He could replace anyone on the 4th line except Lazar and I would be OK with it!
Agree and would like to see what he can do in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad