Confirmed with Link: Treliving needs to go. (Edit: He Gone, Post #78)

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Wonder if Kekalainen gets fired by CBJ in the offseason. His track record there is very much like Brad's over the last decade. And like Treliving, he's somehow been able to give the impression of knowing what he's doing while not delivering any real results.

Would not be completely against hiring him if he's available. Mostly because I can't really think of any better options. Promoting Conroy just seems like such an old boys club move.
Promoting Conroy only works if they also fire Sutter otherwise whatever Conroy does will be attributed to appeasing Sutter.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Did Edwards told him to blow cap space on that piece of excrement Kadri?
Did he tell him point to Brouwer and Neal and said "I want"?
Did he tell Treliving to piss away picks prime picks for Hamonic, Elliot (Jordan f kin Kyrou!), Lazar? Lower picks but still assets on nothing players like Jarnkrok, Bollig, Carpenter, Fantenberg?

Treliving's core were Tkachuk (a gift from heaven) and Hamilton, then Lindholm and Hanifin. That is BRUTAL, not mediocre. He inherited Gaudreau, Gio, Brodie and pissed them all away.

And thats not even touching his coaching hires and the goalie merry go around
No but he did hire someone with the mentality of rushing through a rebuild because he's an impatient idiot.

Which is literally the whole point - that when Treliving is let go, as he should be, his replacement when end up making equally stupid short sighted moves just like predecessor. And just like Feaster before him. Or Sutter. Or Button. And however it was before that. Because the problem goes beyond whatever no name GM Murray Edwards hires cheaply - the problem is Murray Edwards no matter how much in denial some fans are about it.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

All due respect, just commenting on these tweets: Who the f*** is Robert Munnich, - I'm guessing he's some blogger who is destined to get a Hart Trophy ballot, and why is a TSN reporter quote tweeting him. Valji has a job to do, but I've come to the conclusion he's among the worst clickbait hot take artists with an agenda.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Hope he moves one he’s had a mixed record here. Definitely put in some bad situations as well. He’s not a horrible GM but his vision has failed for the team and we need new blood to develop a real core without spinning our wheels for the next decade hoping for a wildcard playoff spot.

Not sure the organization can get things on track. Probably won’t hire a guy with a rebuild plan either.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
You can’t fire the owner. Treliving failed miserably with this owner. His fault or not, get someone that can make it work.
That’s the issue. As long as Edwards has been the owner, no GM has been able to put together a winner with this team.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
All due respect, just commenting on these tweets: Who the f*** is Robert Munnich, - I'm guessing he's some blogger who is destined to get a Hart Trophy ballot, and why is a TSN reporter quote tweeting him. Valji has a job to do, but I've come to the conclusion he's among the worst clickbait hot take artists with an agenda.
He is a 20 something recent addition to the staff at Flames Nation. Likes to use fancy stats to back-up his assumptions and editorials.

Valji has been an epic fail since replacing the previous guy. His presser questions are about as dumb as Francis's.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
They have to announce what is going on with Treliving this week right? It doesn't make sense to stretch it out if they are moving on from him as they should be starting to plan out their off season now.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They have to announce what is going on with Treliving this week right? It doesn't make sense to stretch it out if they are moving on from him as they should be starting to plan out their off season now.
Yeah, I'm guessing they are going to be solving that first and foremost.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Interesting..with Maloney getting tagging as Interim GM must mean that either the FLames don;t think Conroy is or maybe Conroy himself do not think that he is the best candidate for the GM role

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Lol why not clear house then? This organization is so ass backwards.

Half measure after half measure. Maloney should be going with him.. not being promoted.

Reactions: lightstorm

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1