Travis Sanheim Discussion Thread Part Two

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
bmMT2uG.jpg

Play the lad on the PK. Play the lad on the PP. Play the lad on the 2nd pair at ES. Then we have a #3 defenseman. Not 14 minutes and no special teams time.

Might as well sticky this post for the Hakstol tenure. I'm not mad. You're mad. He's DEFINITELY mad.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Reads the play. Sees Vegas is caught. Jumps up in the rush. Slides it under Holden's stick.
They didn't even mention his name on the broadcast or during intermission. :laugh:

giphy.gif

edit- This was at the end of a minute long shift too. If he wasn't well rested he probably just goes off for a change. Points for Hak.

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Are you guys hung up that people aren't pumping Sanheim's tires?

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
yea, I noticed they didn't mention Sanheim on the broadcast.

They gave credit to every young player except for him.

Just trade the guy then, if the organization doesn't like him. Trade him while he still has value instead of discarding him at some point.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Just trade the guy then, if the organization doesn't like him. Trade him while he still has value instead of discarding him at some point.

Overreaction much?

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I’m not worried about the broadcasters pumping praise or not. Sanheim looked solid, he’s not physically intimidating yet but he’s handling bodies much better than a year ago, his stickwork and positioning (minus the one fall lol) are looking sharp, and his offensive instincts were apparent even in limited ice time.

I’m not even all that worried about his and Gudas’ ice time tbh. They probably carry second pair minutes if we don’t go up by 4 and Hak-shell the rest of the way.

It’s only one game but i thought it was a really encouraging night for him, and bodes well for the rest of the season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Sanheim keeps playing like this, he'll be up to 16-17 ES minutes by November.
And as he shows he can handle pressure, he'll get more PK time.

And eventually Knob will work him into the PP, though that's probably a low priority this year simply due to all the potential candidates (I think at some point they're going to look at Vorobyev, for example).

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

The organization and the broadcast are two separate things...

You realize that, right?

Them mentioning him or not means absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad