Travis Sanheim Discussion Thread Part Two

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
The organization and the broadcast are two separate things...

You realize that, right?

Them mentioning him or not means absolutely nothing.

I don't believe that.
The organization hands down talking points to the broadcast team.

If they want a certain agenda pushed they'll tell the broadcast team.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't believe that.
The organization hands down talking points to the broadcast team.

If they want a certain agenda pushed they'll tell the broadcast team.
The broadcast team was slobbering over how great of a lockerroom guy Lecavalier was until the day he was traded away.
The praised Filppula constantly and where is he?
They were constantly talking up Manning, Vandevelde, and other trash that are no longer here.

They're just idiots. It means nothing.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The broadcast team was slobbering over how great of a lockerroom guy Lecavalier was until the day he was traded away.
The praised Filppula constantly and where is he?
They were constantly talking up Manning, Vandevelde, and other trash that are no longer here.

They're just idiots. It means nothing.
They want to appease organization that has been nothing but very generous with them and they also want to keep their jobs. Hartsy and Mase were run out of town yet they didn't shit on them or soften the public on incoming moves.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They want to appease organization that has been nothing but very generous with them and they also want to keep their jobs. Hartsy and Mase were run out of town yet they didn't **** on them or soften the public on incoming moves.
Like I said, they’re turd polishers but they’re not secret agents dropping hits through radio silence.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I believe that influences them to be bigger turd polishers, but they don’t tell them to not talk about Flyers players they don’t like.

I’m talking in general not the Sanheim thing or anything really specific. I just don’t think it’s a coincidence that they’re the least criticized of all the teams on that network given they’re owned by the same company. The other teams have idiots employed doing their broadcasts too & they’re way more critical of those organizations whether fair or not.

The Flyers broadcast is basically like watching North Korean television these days.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m talking in general not the Sanheim thing or anything really specific. I just don’t think it’s a coincidence that they’re the least criticized of all the teams on that network given they’re owned by the same company. The other teams have idiots employed doing their broadcasts too & they’re way more critical of those organizations whether fair or not.

The Flyers broadcast is basically like watching North Korean television these days.
Ah, I see.

Yeah, no arguments here.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I thought this was going to be a discussion about Sanheim who I thought had a strong game. What channel is the north Korean broadcast being televised so I can compare the two. How many here lived through the Gene Hart Don Earle days? Two of the greatest homers of all time and I loved it.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
tenor.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I thought this was going to be a discussion about Sanheim who I thought had a strong game. What channel is the north Korean broadcast being televised so I can compare the two. How many here lived through the Gene Hart Don Earle days? Two of the greatest homers of all time and I loved it.

I lived through enough of the Gene Hart era and it wasn't the same brand of homerism. When the team wasn't playing well, Gene sounded heart broken, he didn't pretend it wasn't happening. He didn't talk up guys because the team was talking them up. He was a homer in the best possible way, i.e. he wasn't a propagandist for the team.

And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't really care about how homerish the broadcast team is.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County

How is this unlike any other home broadcast though? There are much worse examples like Buffalo. Those guys sound like two drunk Sabres fans in a trailer drinking beer only half paying attention. They seriously don't think their team has ever committed a single penalty.

Anyway back to Sanheim. That rush and pass to Lindblom never happens with Folin, Manning, whoever. He made some errors but his speed and skill cannot be replaced and he will likely continue to improve.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I lived through enough of the Gene Hart era and it wasn't the same brand of homerism. When the team wasn't playing well, Gene sounded heart broken, he didn't pretend it wasn't happening. He didn't talk up guys because the team was talking them up. He was a homer in the best possible way, i.e. he wasn't a propagandist for the team.

And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't really care about how homerish the broadcast team is.

when the flyers weren't play well you feel his disappointment. you're right, its completely different. It was like Gene Hart was a friend in the living room watching the game with you.

That style of broadcasting is extinct like many great things.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
but when Hakstol PERCEIVES bums like mcdonald, fillpula, manning, lehtera, etc to playing well he rewards them.

Reactions: Rebels57

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hakstol is worse than Berube. I don't say that lightly at all.

So much for the concept of ice time being earned. It's purely arbitrary.

Whenever Striiker called him an idiot, I said no, you have to be a driven professional to get to this level. There’s a plan, even if it’s misguided.

Consider this an apology, @Striiker. The man is a dunderhead.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Whenever Striiker called him an idiot, I said no, you have to be a driven professional to get to this level. There’s a plan, even if it’s misguided.

Consider this an apology, @Striiker. The man is a dunderhead.
:laugh: Glad you've come around!

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's recognizing idiots when I see them.

Partially because I'm also an idiot (just to a lesser degree) and it takes one to know one.

My dream is to one day get a job that I'm as under-qualified for as he was for this job, and to have the same level of over-payment and job security he enjoys.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hakstol is worse than Berube. I don't say that lightly at all.

So much for the concept of ice time being earned. It's purely arbitrary.
How long have we been saying this? And every time it was met with the objecting shrieks of the Hak Lovers.

Do think they can even attempt to argue it anymore? Can anyone be that biased and ignorant? Let's find out...

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
What a surprise that the player who clearly gets more confident the longer he’s played at each level of development is starting to show the dominant traits we’ve all seen since the WHL. Imagine if they just let him ride out his rough spots last year instead of taking him in and out of the lineup and sending him down. Just thankful that this kid is too damn talented to have this circus of a development regime screw him up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad