Travis Sanheim Discussion Thread Part Two

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Philadelphia Flyers
Proud two time Stanley Cup winning organization seeking new head coach. As a proud franchise the ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
  • Must value "heavy" hockey
  • Must value veteran experience above all other factors when considering which players to ice.
  • Must show a tendency to value bottom 6 or borderline American Hockey League players with proven experience over inexperienced young players or rookies.
  • Must fall in love with a certain group of players that the fans of HFBoards detests.
  • Must show a disciplined defensive "turtle shell" system of play.
  • Must not show any emotion on the bench at all or at press interviews.
Bonus points
  • Candidate has a collegiate coaching background.
  • Candidate arbitrarily rewards ice time.
  • Candidate will be content with a terrible goal tending situation.

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
But for real though, Hakstok is Jar Jar. He thinks he's Sith Lord conspiracy theorist Jar Jar. But he's just regular ol' Jar Jar.

In other news, while searching Star Wars gifs, I found Hexy when he was hiring Jeff:

DevotedFormalLark-size_restricted.gif

Dammit, you had to go and call him Jar Jar.....lol

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
It's really really great to see Sanheim playing well in the orange and black. He looks confident and in control and that's very good for this team.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Another good game. Didn’t check TOI , was he 6th again after having his most ?

I wonder if this stupid f*** GM was in fact show casing him for Dubas ?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim is being sheltered (rarely on the ice against top lines) which is smart usage, he needs time to adjust and has had some confidence issues.
Allowing him to have success on a regular basis should boost his confidence and allow him to grow into a bigger role as the season progresses.
This is pretty normal usage for a young defenseman and is the way you should handle them, Sanheim is no Provorov or MacAvoy.

The same with Myers when he comes up, he should be on the 3rd pair playing 15 minutes a night for a couple months.

I know in the age of instant gratification, the idea of bringing a prospect along slowly is anathema, but it's still the right developmental strategy for players who don't have a high Hockey IQ.

Players like Provorov and Patrick are different, notice even when Patrick is struggling, he maintains a high xGF? Because he instinctively does all the little things on defense to break up plays that a lot of fans don't notice, they only see his struggles on offense.

Reactions: JXC

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
A Mac directly responsible for both goals against, and some here defend the decision. People are really stupid here.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AMac has nothing to do with Sanheim, AMac is about finding out whether he has anything left now that he's "healthy."
I'd just put Folin back in and bury AMac as the 7th D-man until Friedman is deemed ready to call up.

Reactions: captainpaxil

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AMac was decent last year, as good as the other 4 defensemen not named Ghost or Provorov.
This year he came back too fast (probably worried about being "Wally Pipped") and stunk out the joint.
While he skated better last night, he's a horrid combo with Ghost, two Mr Softees paired together.
Folin may not skate as well, but he gives Ghost a physical partner, much like Gudas with Sanheim.

Reactions: JXC

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Sanheim is being sheltered (rarely on the ice against top lines) which is smart usage, he needs time to adjust and has had some confidence issues.
Allowing him to have success on a regular basis should boost his confidence and allow him to grow into a bigger role as the season progresses.
This is pretty normal usage for a young defenseman and is the way you should handle them, Sanheim is no Provorov or MacAvoy.

The same with Myers when he comes up, he should be on the 3rd pair playing 15 minutes a night for a couple months.

I know in the age of instant gratification, the idea of bringing a prospect along slowly is anathema, but it's still the right developmental strategy for players who don't have a high Hockey IQ.

Players like Provorov and Patrick are different, notice even when Patrick is struggling, he maintains a high xGF? Because he instinctively does all the little things on defense to break up plays that a lot of fans don't notice, they only see his struggles on offense.

Ah, yes, the Sanheim doesn’t have a high hockey IQ narrative that only you parrot. I haven’t even seen this narrative on the Flyers section on this site (besides from you), Flyers reddit, or on twitter. And people can be savages on those platforms! You seem to be alone in your belief on this. It makes one wonder...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ah, yes, the Sanheim doesn’t have a high hockey IQ narrative that only you parrot. I haven’t even seen this narrative on the Flyers section on this site (besides from you), Flyers reddit, or on twitter. And people can be savages on those platforms! You seem to be alone in your belief on this. It makes one wonder...

Ignore List Ignore List Ignore List Ignore List

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Ted, take it from me - he doesn't have to be lonely. At Farmersonly.com.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad