Travel Thread [Football, Tickets, Sightseeing, Etc.]

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Biggest fan of Sevilla here but yeah it's hot in the summer.
It's actually the hottest city in Europe.

Alhambra is magical. One of the finest places I've been in my life.
My sister went to Alhambra and she also told me it was magical .
Must be true then.

Didn’t know Sevilla was the hottest city in Europe

Looking it up it's 30 degrees in Malaga. 45 in Sevilla.
I confirm it’s 30 degrees here.

And holy shit 45 degrees? siesta time in an air conditioned apartment imo

• Haha
Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everyone that has went to Barcelona tells me that it is overrated and to go to Portugal instead of Spain in general. Still would like to check some parts of Spain out though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Barcelona is a bit overrated, way too many tourists....
Valencia, Zaragoza, Sevilla, Granada, Malaga and Toledo are great cities (for different reasons).

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Valencia, Zaragoza, Sevilla, Granada, Malaga and Toledo are great cities (for different reasons).
Barcelona is nice, I will return some day, but doesn’t feel Spanish to me if that makes sense (i’m not referring to the catalan identity)
Too many tourists (and not the good ones(

Sure there are tourists in Andalucia, but it’s different
I think I prefer Costa Del Sol to barcelona

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
You can't call Barcelona overrated and in the same breath call Valencia and Zaragoza great cities.

Any thoughts on San Sebastián/Basque country?

English weather but apart from that it's a lovely city, great food, sights and interesting people. Also super clean for Spanish standards. And I had my last holiday there with "the one that got away" so it's always going to be a special place for me.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You can't call Barcelona overrated and in the same breath call Valencia and Zaragoza great cities.

English weather but apart from that it's a lovely city, great food, sights and interesting people. Also super clean for Spanish standards. And I had my last holiday there with "the one that got away" so it's always going to be a special place for me.
Yes also heard the food is incredible. And the wine.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Next trip into Europe will probably be a Lisbon/Porto double.

But I honestly just want to my next al vacation to be somewhere all inclusive on a beach so I don’t have to like do any thing. Would like to relax without exploring a city. next time though.

Reactions: robertmac43

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I’m gonna be in Dublin and Portugal (Lisbon/Albufeira) next month, so anyone with some suggestions I’m happy to hear them!

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

But I honestly just want to my next al vacation to be somewhere all inclusive on a beach so I don’t have to like do any thing. Would like to relax without exploring a city. next time though.
Exploring a city in summer is great for burning calories and getting in shape tbh, I came back from Barcelona super fit

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Everyone that has went to Barcelona tells me that it is overrated and to go to Portugal instead of Spain in general. Still would like to check some parts of Spain out though.
Barcelona is an amazing city.

I do agree on the too many tourists thing though, it is completely overcrowded once again after Corona eased down. Makes living in some neighborhoods rather difficult. Rent prices are quite difficult too.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I have a friend who went to Porto. They said if you're going to Europe mostly for food, drink, weather, atmosphere that you can't get anywhere better. And it isn't overrun by tourism to the degree most cities are.

Reactions: Power Man

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, Barcelona is way more rated than those cities and IMO and just as nice to live in.
Valencia has the great beach and a nice city center. And again, without hords of tourists.
Zaragoza is just a beautiful typical spanish city. Wayyyyyy too hot though at times.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Well, Barcelona is way more rated than those cities and IMO and just as nice to live in.
Valencia has the great beach and a nice city center. And again, without hords of tourists.
Zaragoza is just a beautiful typical spanish city. Wayyyyyy too hot though at times.
Yeah, Zaragoza is too hot for me to live in.
Not sure when I get older I will want to live in Barcelona, too expensive as it is right now and many other nice places closer and much cheaper

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
@cgf

I'm going to the Ruhr Valley next month and will be looking to catch a game. Checked the ticket websites of Dortmund, Gladbach, and Bochum and saw that they currently only have tickets for their pre-season friendlies and not Bundesliga matches. Have Bundesliga tickets not gone on sale yet? Or did I miss out and should I be looking to second-hand dealers?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is there a best place for getting tickets to Ligue 1? Club website or the secondary ticket market?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad