GDT: Training Camp Thread

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Di Giuseppe isn’t a good enough hockey name. Lets change his name to Phil McCracken

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Agreed, he looked excellent during the games I watched. Some players click a little later. 5 ES points in 3 games is awesome. Obviously no one expects that pace in the regular season, but he's thrived in the opportunity he's been given. Let him run with it. Add in the fact that he's signed this season AND NEXT for 775k, it would. be huge if he could stick on that second line and produce.
Yeah it’s going to be huge if he can be a 2nd line 40pt guy that does all the hard work for Boeser and Miller.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So Probably Aman and McWard go down.... does that get them under the cap?

Depends on what they do with Mikheyev. There are multiple ways to be compliant. From what I can tell, there’s no reason to IR him since there’s no avenue to be compliant and have a 23-man roster. So he’s either on the roster and one of Aman, Hoglander, or Studnicka is sent-down/waived. LTIR and that won’t happen. For defense it depends on Soucy and McWard. Send McWard down and they don’t have to do any other moves.

It’s less about being compliant and more about fitting everyone in and getting a 23-man roster for the upcoming road trip.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So assuming the Calgary lineup is basically the opening night roster, when Mikheyev returns he almost certainly slots in beside EP.

So what's the trickle down effect?

Who comes out of the lineup? I was driving to Penticton amd listened to the 1st and most of the third, and read the GDT and sounds like Stud and Dakota were the weakest links...probably Studnicka comes out? Does Garland slot in on Blue's line, or with Suter? If Suter, who goes down?

I'm thinking:
Joshua-Suter-Garland
Aman-Blueger-Beau

But could also see Joshua and Beau switching lines.

Not really sure how this shakes out if/when Mikheyev is healthy. If we still have everyone else healthy at the time as well.

I think it's actually more likely Aman is the guy that comes out. His waiver status makes him the easier guy to stash.

Beauvillier-Bluegers-Studnicka
Joshua-Suter-Garland

...maybe?

The awkward thing is really just...what do they do with Hoglander? He hasn't really found a spot. Unless they play him with Suter-Garland or something, it's hard to see where he fits. :dunno:

Reactions: alternate

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I like Di Giuseppe but he needs to be pushed down to a fourth-line role where he could be reasonably effective over the longer haul. He's not going to get it done as a second-line player.

He's been the best forward so far this preseason so what makes you say that?

When healthy I'm thinking

Kuzmenko - Petersson - Mikheyev
PDG -Miller - Boeser
Beauvillier - Suter - Garland
Aman - Blueger - Studnicka
Joshua/Hoglander

Not really sure how this shakes out if/when Mikheyev is healthy. If we still have everyone else healthy at the time as well.

I think it's actually more likely Aman is the guy that comes out. His waiver status makes him the easier guy to stash.

Beauvillier-Bluegers-Studnicka
Joshua-Suter-Garland

...maybe?

The awkward thing is really just...what do they do with Hoglander? He hasn't really found a spot. Unless they play him with Suter-Garland or something, it's hard to see where he fits. :dunno:

Aman has more than earned his role so far this preseason. If anyone deserves to sit its Joshua and Hoglander.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's been the best forward so far this preseason so what makes you say that?

When healthy I'm thinking

Kuzmenko - Petersson - Mikheyev
PDG -Miller - Boeser
Beauvillier - Suter - Garland
Aman - Blueger - Studnicka
Joshua/Hoglander

Aman has more than earned his role so far this preseason. If anyone deserves to sit its Joshua and Hoglander.

I'd be fine with that. That's probably what i'd do, given what we have to work with.

I just get the impression Aman's waiver status might come into play. As well as the desire to big big Joshy in the lineup to do some punching if called upon. Especially for early season games that often feature that sort of "tone setting" square off sideshow. With other teams also having fight punchers desperately trying to justify their own places in the lineup.

This is gross. All of it. I don't like anything here.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Between Mikheyev still not being available, Hog/Pod disappointing, and the horror of trading a 5th round pick, I'm already exhausted from all the drama and media fodder before the roster is even announced.

If camp/preseason was 1-1.5 weeks long we could just move on and actually talk about hockey games.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Between Mikheyev still not being available, Hog/Pod disappointing, and the horror of trading a 5th round pick, I'm already exhausted from all the drama and media fodder before the roster is even announced.

If camp/preseason was 1-1.5 weeks long we could just move on and actually talk about hockey games.
I hear the 5th rounder is closing in on an ELC with the leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad