Confirmed with Link: Training Camp Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And those people would regret it:laugh:
Have you been following along with the Drouin Saga these days?
No, I've barely been able to devote time to following the Flames, tbh. I heard about some friction there on the radio, but I also know what Montreal is like in terms of throwing their own players under the bus.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
No, I've barely been able to devote time to following the Flames, tbh. I heard about some friction there on the radio, but I also know what Montreal is like in terms of throwing their own players under the bus.

He's playing like 11 minutes a night in preseason (including games where he is by far the most name recognizable); he's played almost every game (vets don't do that), as they're just trying to find someone that'll work with him (different centres/wingers). Nothing is sticking, and there's chatter that Montreal is trying to fire him out of a canon.

Bergevin tried throwing water on it yesterday, but also at the same time said that Drouin hasn't been good (not the only one). It looks like he's having another organization run out of patience with him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How's the line up shaping up like for you guys?

Something along the lines of:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik/Bennett
Lucic - Ryan - Mangiapane
Bennett/Frolik - Jankowski - Rieder/Dube/Etc

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
MacDonald - Andersson
Kylington

Rittich
Talbot

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Tkachuk - Backlund - Bennett
Dube - Ryan - Frolik
Lucic - Jankowski - Mangiapane
Rieder

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Andersson
Stone

Rittich
Talbot

The forward lines are fairly interchangable but I would like to see Bennett in the top 6 for a little while since he has looked good there in the preseason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tkachuk - Backlund - Bennett
Dube - Ryan - Frolik
Lucic - Jankowski - Mangiapane
Rieder

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Andersson
Stone

Rittich
Talbot

The forward lines are fairly interchangable but I would like to see Bennett in the top 6 for a little while since he has looked good there in the preseason.
It's looking more and more unlikely that Dube won't make the team. He hasn't looked all that great since the first preseason game, which IIRC had a lot of minor leaguers. I think it could be in his best interest to let him go down to the AHL and light it up there for a while. With Peters' comments about Kylington and his play last night, I'm not sure he will make the team either.

I think the defense is the most up in the air part of our roster, as any of Kylington, MacDonald or a waiver claim that makes the roster. Up front, I am pretty sure Rieder will be in, Dube will be out and Quine will depend on if we go with a 22 or 23 man roster as a 22 man roster would keep us under the cap without using LTIR, allowing the space to accrue.

So maybe something like this....?

Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Lucic - Ryan - Bennett
Mangiapane - Jankowski - Rieder
x: Czarnik, Quine(?)

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Hamonic
Brodie - Stone
x: _______

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's looking more and more unlikely that Dube won't make the team. He hasn't looked all that great since the first preseason game, which IIRC had a lot of minor leaguers. I think it could be in his best interest to let him go down to the AHL and light it up there for a while. With Peters' comments about Kylington and his play last night, I'm not sure he will make the team either.

I think the defense is the most up in the air part of our roster, as any of Kylington, MacDonald or a waiver claim that makes the roster. Up front, I am pretty sure Rieder will be in, Dube will be out and Quine will depend on if we go with a 22 or 23 man roster as a 22 man roster would keep us under the cap without using LTIR, allowing the space to accrue.

I tend to agree. I suspect we'll probably run 22 men, just in case Treliving tries to make any moves over the course of the year.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Why is Smith-Pelly still with team. An easier cut there might never have been.

Lineup's getting pretty close to finalized. But that second powerplay unit is ...interesting.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Why is Smith-Pelly still with team. An easier cut there might never have been.

Lineup's getting pretty close to finalized. But that second powerplay unit is ...interesting.

I suspect it's largely just giving him a chance to audition for any other teams watching at this point. We've not cut most of the PTO's yet I guess. If nothing else this way there is still a full line for any drills.

Edit: No Dube either, did I miss him being sent down?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
So based on what I'm seeing here the top 6 is looking to be the same, at least to start the year, with Czarnik or Rieder coming in to replace Hathaway, Janko and Ryan switch spots and Looch just replaces Neal. Kind of seems like without a big showing from Dube, if he plays tonight, he's gonna start out in the A this year. Good to see Kylington with Andersson at practice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
But that second powerplay unit is ...interesting.
That is largely in part due to Ryan being out. If he was in, he would be in there with Backlund and Lucic for sure I think, and 2 of Czarnik, Brodie & Andersson

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I suspect it's largely just giving him a chance to audition for any other teams watching at this point. We've not cut most of the PTO's yet I guess. If nothing else this way there is still a full line for any drills.

Edit: No Dube either, did I miss him being sent down?
Dube was a floater

Khrox

May 31, 2018
That is largely in part due to Ryan being out. If he was in, he would be in there with Backlund and Lucic for sure I think, and 2 of Czarnik, Brodie & Andersson

Given how much Peters loves Andersson, and the trust given to him, I feel like he's a lock for the 2pp, so it would be 1 of Czarnik or Brodie for the last spot.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Quine is not as good as Jankowski. Czarnik is not good at C. Also, we can't afford to lose another PKer.

I really don't understand the disdain for Jankowski, most teams fans would kill to have a 30+ point 4th line C that is an excellent PKer; yet Flames fans just constantly want to replace him with inferior players.
30 points are irrelevant. He's never going to show up when it matters, Jankowski does not have the competitive edge to be a winner.

Jankowski was a boat anchor in the playoffs and that's all that really matters. You're a good rhetorician but a bad holistic analyst

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Tkachuk - Backlund - Bennett/Frolik
Mangiapane - Ryan - Frolik/Bennett
Lucic - Jankowski - Czarnik
Rieder, Rinaldo

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Andersson
Stone

Rittich (41-55 games)
Talbot (27-41 games)

Aug 3, 2010
Hoping none of the remaining PTOs, signed or not, see more than injury-replacement depth duty. Ideally I wouldn't want any of them signed but I can see where the argument for depth could be made.

Rieder will likely cycle in with Czarnik/Mangiapane as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad