Confirmed with Link: Training Camp Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Yeah, that was expected. Ideally, both Rinaldo and MacDonald would start in the AHL but the organization loves their plugs.

Don't see a bottom pairing of MacDonald-Andersson as being all that effective.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Why is Smith-Pelly still with team. An easier cut there might never have been.

Lineup's getting pretty close to finalized. But that second powerplay unit is ...interesting.

If that first PP unit does not score, than we are f***ed. If those are the PP units in regular season.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
30 points are irrelevant. He's never going to show up when it matters, Jankowski does not have the competitive edge to be a winner.

Jankowski was a boat anchor in the playoffs and that's all that really matters. You're a good rhetorician but a bad holistic analyst

He literally won a national championship with Providence. I mean you can not like him as a player and that’s fine

Almost our whole team was terrible in the playoffs last year. Singling out our 24 year old 3C in his first NHL post season seems odd

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
30 points are irrelevant. He's never going to show up when it matters, Jankowski does not have the competitive edge to be a winner.

Jankowski was a boat anchor in the playoffs and that's all that really matters. You're a good rhetorician but a bad holistic analyst
No competitive edge, but a top PKer..... how can you be the latter without the former? I made this same argument when Bouwmeester was a Flame, just because a guy doesn't smash his stick, slam door, or run around hitting people doesn't mean they aren't competitive. Championship teams have players all types of personalities and styles of game.

As @crackdown44 mentioned Jankowski won a championship in the NCAA, which is very difficult to win, not only did he win but was a key cog and in his final NCAA playoff appearance he was playing with an IV attached to him when he was on the bench.

Maybe you should take a moment to realize you can't always see things like competitiveness and that this was Jankowski's first playoff experience in the NHL.

And here is the poster boy for a player that doesn't show emotion on the ice....
cut.jpg

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

I agreed with you. He is one big f***ing softie.

But as many pointed out, we have misplaced expectation. He is ok as a secondary support player. Just don't expect anything more than that....too bad for a guy with size and some skills

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
There were some fans who thought he could be competing for middle six minutes and that we had gotten a steal out of him...

Yikes. Wish him the best of travels, but he was awful.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Honestly I don't see why McDonald would get anymore than an AHL contract, I didn't watch all of preseason but in the 40 minutes I've watched I think I've seen him pass the puck to the other team who are in the high slot, 2-3 times.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Honestly I don't see why McDonald would get anymore than an AHL contract, I didn't watch all of preseason but in the 40 minutes I've watched I think I've seen him pass the puck to the other team who are in the high slot, 2-3 times.
Outside of the top 5 and Stone, I don't think anyone stood out as good though. I felt as more games passed MacDonald looked less bad than Kylington and Davidson, then in the last game we played I thought MacDonald actually looked solid. I also thought generally when it came to the PK he was decent, which is always a nice option to have in a #7. Apparently (I've seen others mention it without correction elsewhere), according to guys on 960, the team has actually liked MacDonald and what he's brought, and that they've loved what Stone has done.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It was pretty telling when Washington let DSP go and immediately signed Hathaway, long-term. His role in the cup run was legendary but if you don't even get an AHL contract offer from this org, you're done

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If they like Stone and MacDonald, it means Kylington once again failed to improve. Without Valimaki, it's his best chance to solidify a NHL job but looks like he got one foot out the door....too bad, another waste talent.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't know if anyone's keeping up with Edmonton's pre-season but they just cut a decent winger named Burdasov, presumably because they couldn't agree to terms on a contract (he was pushing hard for a one-way).

The odds are probably low but I wonder if Treliving is thinking about scooping him up

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I don't know if anyone's keeping up with Edmonton's pre-season but they just cut a decent winger named Burdasov, presumably because they couldn't agree to terms on a contract (he was pushing hard for a one-way).

The odds are probably low but I wonder if Treliving is thinking about scooping him up
He's a left shot left wing.

Of course BT's thinking about picking him up.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
What do you guys think about getting Owen Tippett out of Florida somehow, he got sent down.

I always liked going back to his draft year.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
What do you guys think about getting Owen Tippett out of Florida somehow, he got sent down.

I always liked going back to his draft year.
I wouldn't mind, but not sure I'd want to pay the cost right now as it'd cost us one of our young D. However that could be a potential offseason move, Kylington+ for Tippet. They do need to improve their blueline.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So when is the final roster?

Who is left? What else needs to be cut?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
5pm ET tomorrow I believe.

this reads to me like, "we'll sign him if we can't get someone better on waivers"

That really f***ing sucks...

I would’ve thought the Valimaki would’ve had a positive to it, but it seems the team just loves to make the same mistakes again and again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->