Training camp chat

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
just a hunch, but I think Irwin will be on waivers by the end of camp

I think you could be right, but I think they may wait to waive him until after camp. We already have a pretty full defense in Milwaukee, so if he clears that may cause issues getting everyone ice time. Poile may want to wait until he thinks Iriwn has the best chance of being claimed to waive him. About the only thing Irwin has going for him is his cap hit is cheaper than you can sign someone for, a team that is trying to save every penny may want that $25K in savings he could give them over most other warm bodies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Preds killed the feed at intermission. Now it's just saying it's blacked out. Young preds with 19 SOG that period. Tomo got robbed on one.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would love to see Allard (or any of our prospects) actually step up and take a spot. I haven't been expecting it, because it sure looks like we have a pretty set roster of incumbents. But there are definitely bodies on D especially - Irwin, Weber, Santini - that I don't see as much more than placeholders. Their spots should not be sacrosanct - if one of our prospect D steps up and gives them the boot, so much the better. Same goes for the guys like Salomaki, Gaudreau, or even Grimaldi up front. They aren't the future of this team, so if any prospects are truly ready ahead of schedule, so much the better.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
It's been a few years since we have had some D man ready to move up, but I think we now have 3 that need to get ice time to continue to develop. You could argue 4 with Carrier, but I don't see him as anything above a replacement level 6th dman.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I would love to see Allard (or any of our prospects) actually step up and take a spot. I haven't been expecting it, because it sure looks like we have a pretty set roster of incumbents. But there are definitely bodies on D especially - Irwin, Weber, Santini - that I don't see as much more than placeholders. Their spots should not be sacrosanct - if one of our prospect D steps up and gives them the boot, so much the better. Same goes for the guys like Salomaki, Gaudreau, or even Grimaldi up front. They aren't the future of this team, so if any prospects are truly ready ahead of schedule, so much the better.
I agree with all of this. I think some of our fans are way too committed to the current roster (maybe except for a big trade) and not considering any of the prospects in any way. Will any of them make the Oct.1 roster? I have no idea. But I wouldn't rule anything out and part of the fun following a team for me is the hope/expectations I have for some of these guys.

Reactions: NNCbama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad