Georgiev

Taxi:
Barron
Richards
DiGiuseppi
Miller
Hajek
Kinkaid

They start the season with a 21 man roster to maximize cap space. Bitetto is the extra because they want to make sure he qualifies for expansion and won't put him through waivers on the off chance that he gets claimed. For similar reasons (performance bonuses), Barron and Miller both start out on the taxi squad, but transfer to the active roster several weeks in, displacing Smith (to the taxi squad) and Lemieux (sits as an extra).

Then, sometime in March, an injury to someone meaningful scrambles the whole thing.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think Reunanen is at a disadvantage since there will be no PS games. He is remarkably poised under heavy pressure. Practice/scrimmages are always more sloppy and less structured.

Seems like a guy we never talk about but he sounds promising.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think Reunanen is at a disadvantage since there will be no PS games. He is remarkably poised under heavy pressure. Practice/scrimmages are always more sloppy and less structured.

On the contrary. Reunanen had the most games this season so he should be more in-season form than the other two

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

on the other hand, he’s actually been playing competitive hockey this year.

his game should be crisper than those who haven’t played in months

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Reunanen also impressed in last years camp. Quinn and his staff liked him then so he isn’t an unknown. I would imagine that, given equal playing in camp, Hajek and Reunanen start with the team. The left side last 2 spots probably are a fight between Smith, Johnson, Reunanen and Hajek for now with Miller needing to force the issue. Smith can rotate over to RD in a pinch as needed but that would be my guess for the 8D.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Reunanen also impressed in last years camp. Quinn and his staff liked him then so he isn’t an unknown. I would imagine that, given equal playing in camp, Hajek and Reunanen start with the team. The left side last 2 spots probably are a fight between Smith, Johnson, Reunanen and Hajek for now with Miller needing to force the issue. Smith can rotate over to RD in a pinch as needed but that would be my guess for the 8D.
nvm misread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad