GDT: Training Camp 2021: Everyone Else Too Lazy to Make a Thread

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My biggest concern with Covid isn't player's health, it is -- will the goalies be able to track the puck with all the virus that likely will be on the ice? Must they remodel the zambonies so that it can clear away all virus flooding the arenas?
Maybe they can just plow it in one corner? Make it the Covid corner. Then we'll really see who wants the puck.

Reactions: Ola and Rockets17

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Who is this Blackwell guy on the taxi squad?
Thought Gettinger could have been on it

most team are NOT populating Taxi squad with only kids, but rather also many bottom roster vets, ready to step in without notice
as it is NYR have Hajek, Barron, Robertson on Taxi, and 9 ELC players on active roster

Blackwell is 27, 5th year pro, was signed by NYR July 1st, for 2 years so that he is eligible to be exposed to Seattle
Colin Blackwell Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Gettinger will be skating with ~20 other Wolfpack skaters in advance of AHL formal activities

Reactions: Ruggs225

Rockets17

Oct 6, 2017
My biggest concern with Covid isn't player's health, it is -- will the goalies be able to track the puck with all the virus that likely will be on the ice? Must they remodel the zambonies so that it can clear away all virus flooding the arenas?

Yes and if the virus gets in your eyes will you go blind and become a zombie. Ask Bill Gates - he knows everything about the virus. Actually he know everything about everything. I say he be nominated to be the first Emperor of Earth!

Reactions: B17 Apricots

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Yes and if the virus gets in your eyes will you go blind and become a zombie. Ask Bill Gates - he knows everything about the virus. Actually he know everything about everything. I say he be nominated to be the first Emperor of Earth!
Hopefully the tech mogul turned medical czar Billy Gates can manufacture some sort of shovel that the ice boys can use to scrape up the snow plus any covid juice laying around

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
most team are NOT populating Taxi squad with only kids, but rather also many bottom roster vets, ready to step in without notice
as it is NYR have Hajek, Barron, Robertson on Taxi, and 9 ELC players on active roster

Blackwell is 27, 5th year pro, was signed by NYR July 1st, for 2 years so that he is eligible to be exposed to Seattle
Colin Blackwell Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Gettinger will be skating with ~20 other Wolfpack skaters in advance of AHL formal activities

thanks again for the informative post! Much appreciates

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Any word on who will win the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award ?

Obvious its either Laffy or Miller. Would be kinda cool if they split the award, since they lived together for a few months. Oh wait... will they consider Igor a rookie this camp?

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any word on who will win the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award ?

Obvious its either Laffy or Miller. Would be kinda cool if they split the award, since they lived together for a few months. Oh wait... will they consider Igor a rookie this camp?

yes since Igor is still a rookie by NHL standards

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Im sure they will be cautious but odds are he will be fine. He's young and fit. I know several young people in their 20's and 30's including my daughter who tested positive and they all had only mild symptoms and were fine with no lasting issues.
Or the 100s of other pro athletes around the world who got it

That's great, I'm just saying we should default to not being giant AH's about the guy in case he's feeling the effects.

Like pretty much every virus or disease ever it doesn't have a 100% kill rate or a 100% debilitation rate. Everyone knows this, it's not even worth pointing out based on what I was saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->