GDT: Training Camp 2021: Everyone Else Too Lazy to Make a Thread

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Miller’s got a spot to lose. Been saying that for months now but it’s very clear to me that Johnson was brought in to replace Staal and smith is here to step in if Miller is in way over his head but imo he’s going to be next to Trouba to start.

Why is Johnson the guy with the spot and Smith the insurance? Why not the other way around?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Wall for third-string goalie just because of his name.

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
I really want to see Miller in some physical situations. He was tops in strength among his peers but now with 2+ years of training, I want to see how he handles grown men.

That grip power will come in handy against the few big physical forwards that remain in the league.
Six months with Prentiss should be noticeable.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Why is Johnson the guy with the spot and Smith the insurance? Why not the other way around?
We can only hope it's the other way around. There's no justification for Johnson even being in the NHL let alone playing instead of Smith. If we're lucky we wont have to worry because Miller/Reunanen are so impressive in camp they can lock up a spot.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Panarin Strome Kakko
Lafreniere Zibanejad Gauthier
Kreider Chytil Buchnevich

kinda like it. Speed, playmaking, and two way responsibility on all three lines. Only missing is a real dedicated shooter on line one.

Gauthier hasnt shown anything that makes him a top 6 player yet, unless this is his breakout year I don't see any way we start the season with anything but the top 6 we saw last year plus Kakko for Fast and then Laf with Chytil + someone.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Reported for comfy in sweatpants
giphy.gif

Reactions: One Winged Angel

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Gauthier hasnt shown anything that makes him a top 6 player yet, unless this is his breakout year I don't see any way we start the season with anything but the top 6 we saw last year plus Kakko for Fast and then Laf with Chytil + someone.

Hoping this is the year of the Goat.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
i know Miller making it is like being spoken into existence right now but what about Reunanen? honestly i think he has the best chance to make it barring a really bad camp

I think I would have agreed in full with this had training camp been in September.

After seeing K'Andre's dedication, and how well he fit in with the play-in practices, I think I lean towards him as the favourite of the young LDs to grab that spot.

I still think Reunanen is getting slept on though. He is going to catch people's attention at camp.

Reactions: Daves a mess

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I see the Rangers deleted the tweet about Zibanejad, Kinkaid, and someone else not ready for camp

Yeah but its been confirmed by like every person covering the team.

Most likely covid related unless teams are still under the gag order not to discuss any injuries as well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think I would have agreed in full with this had training camp been in September.

After seeing K'Andre's dedication, and how well he fit in with the play-in practices, I think I lean towards him as the favourite of the young LDs to grab that spot.

I still think Reunanen is getting slept on though. He is going to catch people's attention at camp.

He caught mine last year.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I see the Rangers deleted the tweet about Zibanejad, Kinkaid, and someone else not ready for camp

Not ready how? Not ready physically or because he still has to quarantine before joining? Cause if Zibanejad isn't ready to play this season than we are dead in the water. Haha

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Not ready how? Not ready physically or because he still has to quarantine before joining? Cause if Zibanejad isn't ready to play this season than we are dead in the water. Haha
Gorts said on the conference call with reporters that all three are in camp and all three are listed as day-to-day, so they either have a minor injury or its Covid related.

Reactions: MrAlmost

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
It doesn't look like camp will be televised based on my peek of the MSG television schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad