JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
upload_2021-1-2_11-49-38.jpeg

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Miller’s got a spot to lose. Been saying that for months now but it’s very clear to me that Johnson was brought in to replace Staal and smith is here to step in if Miller is in way over his head but imo he’s going to be next to Trouba to start.

Reactions: E-Train

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Lafreniere article that Scott Burnside wrote for the Athletic a couple days ago said Miller has been training/living in Connecticut for the last 4/5 months

he’s going to be next to Trouba to start
No pressure, hopefully he’s not taking top pairing duties. That’s a good way to ruin a prospect quickly

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Miller’s got a spot to lose. Been saying that for months now but it’s very clear to me that Johnson was brought in to replace Staal and smith is here to step in if Miller is in way over his head but imo he’s going to be next to Trouba to start.

smith can get waived easily and clear to the taxi

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think it's more likely we see smith as the 6 and Johnson as the 7 if Miller makes it and plays.

I'd ease him in rather than throwing him to the wolves (unless of course, Lindgren-Fox is going to be the chosen pair to play the top minutes.)

That said, what he can be is exactly what Trouba needs next to him, so in that sense it makes sense.

Reactions: will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I expect Smith and Johnson to be regulars one way or another. We go through this every year.

Eh not exactly.

If Miller is even semi ready, he's going to play. It's not every year that this team has a D prospect who they have a raging hard-on for pushing for a spot at camp. They're not shy about pushing these guys into the lineup.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I expect Smith and Johnson to be regulars one way or another. We go through this every year.

I mean, I think they may add up to total 60 games between them, but it would be disappointing if they both played every game, because that would either mean Miller/Reaunenen didn’t make it or Smith was back at wing.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Honestly the simple solution is to move Kreider and Buch with Chytil.

Panarin Strome Kakko
Lafreniere Zibanejad Gauthier
Kreider Chytil Buchnevich

kinda like it. Speed, playmaking, and two way responsibility on all three lines. Only missing is a real dedicated shooter on line one.

Reactions: Cag29

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I really want to see Miller in some physical situations. He was tops in strength among his peers but now with 2+ years of training, I want to see how he handles grown men.

That grip power will come in handy against the few big physical forwards that remain in the league.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I feel like I’m more responsible defensively than that 1st line

I think I give Panarin and Strome better defensive credit than the average poster here but I get your point. My hope would be that unit gets enough offensivle zone draws and has enough possession that it matters less like Straka Nylander Jagr

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Since about the beginning of 2020 in the last season Smith was ahead of Staal on the depth chart so if JJ was brought to replace Staal then it’s him who’d be in the press box.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
i know Miller making it is like being spoken into existence right now but what about Reunanen? honestly i think he has the best chance to make it barring a really bad camp

Seems like everyone not names Libor Hajek has a shot at that third LD spot, including Tarmo and Bitteto

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
i know Miller making it is like being spoken into existence right now but what about Reunanen? honestly i think he has the best chance to make it barring a really bad camp
I was thinking the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad