Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's a shame their names are so similar because the whole "Ch-twins" nickname makes me feel like people think the two of them are interchangeable. Kinda looking forward to that not being a thing anymore soon.
They're gonna be linked together for as long as long as they play together. Their circumstances in context of the team is just too perfect to not seeing how they're both 2017 late round draft picks, both of Eastern European descent, and both have also improved well beyond their pedigree.

This is basically them:
1951-tandem.jpg

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
They're gonna be linked together for as long as long as they play together. Their circumstances in context of the team is just too perfect to not seeing how they're both 2017 late round draft picks, both of Eastern European descent, and both have also improved well beyond their pedigree.

This is basically them:
1951-tandem.jpg

I agree to some extent, they'll be linked in that sense. I think I more mean that I'm looking forward to them being Chekhovich and Chmelevski once we get used to them being on the Sharks/Barracuda, and not "one of the twins."

They're not twins. They're pretty different as far as forward prospects go.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
It's a shame their names are so similar because the whole "Ch-twins" nickname makes me feel like people think the two of them are interchangeable. Kinda looking forward to that not being a thing anymore soon.

What's shameful is that I'm Russian and can easily spell their names (and have a long name of my own). IT JUST TAKES SO LONG.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
What's shameful is that I'm Russian and can easily spell their names (and have a long name of my own). IT JUST TAKES SO LONG.

Chmelevski especially is just an absurd name, I still have to look that one up now and then to make sure I didn't mess it up somewhere.

Reactions: Jargon

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My phone has Chmelevski and Chekhovich on autospell. When I type “chm” it gives me the former and “chek” gives me the latter. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad