Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose

Thanks. They usually list out the players in line combos. Must mean they expect lots of changes on the fly. I expect those forwards for group A are broken down-

Kane - Hertl- Gambrell
Goodrow - True- Chmelevski

Chekhovich and McGrew also in that group.

That probably means in group B Labanc starts with Couture and Brodzinski starts with Jumbo.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

First thing that jumps out at me is that LaBanc is in the same group with Timo and Cooter not Hertl and Kane where I thought he might better fit but C+C are.

I would have thought those two with Meier would be better given his flexibility to play either wing depending on who shows more if they are given a chance for a top role.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Group B has Vlasic, Heed and Merkley. Curious who 44 starts with.

edit: I guess it could be Burns, as well, with Simek out.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
First thing that jumps out at me is that LaBanc is in the same group with Timo and Cooter not Hertl and Kane where I thought he might better fit but C+C are.

I would have thought those two with Meier would be better given his flexibility to play either wing depending on who shows more if they are given a chance for a top role.

Not that suprising actually. Hertl and kane don't need a playmaker. Meier and couture do.

Its why i think the shooter chi-twin has a better chance at making the team out of camp. He fits perfectly along side kane and hertl.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
So the only three guys without NHL contracts in groups A and B are Weinger, Gregoire and Keaton Middleton (all three on AHL deals).

I also don't see Gallant anywhere, is he already back in junior?

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I just noticed Melker is in group B with Jumbo, not group A with Goodrow. Could be Sorensen- Jumbo- Melker gets 1st look. The Sharks board blows up in 3...2...1...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Sounds like the staff is just as curious about Brodzinski with Joe as I am. Can really see this happening unless one of the Ch-Twins takes this.

Also, I’ve been saying this since playoffs ended but I think Vlasic and Burns we’re insane for us as a pair in the playoffs and basically turned the Blues series around. I think our best bet is still:

Vlasic - Burns
Dillion - EK
Simek - Heed

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
It's a shame their names are so similar because the whole "Ch-twins" nickname makes me feel like people think the two of them are interchangeable. Kinda looking forward to that not being a thing anymore soon.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad