Training Camp 2018

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Well, a trip to Pebble Beach should do wonders for helping convince Karlsson to stay. I know bleep-all about golf (see: Carlin's rants about golf for an equivalent opinion to my own), but even *I* know that Pebble Beach is one of the best (and most beautiful) courses in the world.
over
rated

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Judging a GM by how many cups he's won is equivalently stupid to judging a player against the same metric. Is Joe Thornton not one of the greatest players in NHL history because he didn't win a cup yet? If you really think that, figure it out. Stop judging people by whether they won a championship - its short-sighted and analytically lazy.

It's the sports radio-hot take-lets rank everything era. I think people who resort to championships defining a single players/GM's career in a team sports are lazy and honestly lacking knowledge of the sport. You can pretend all you want that player A is better than player B because they won championships but it's completely stupid to even compare such things because the variables and factors were completely different in each of their situations. DW is a much better GM than Lombardi, Lombardi has two cups. Would you rather have DW or Lombardi for your team right now?

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
over
rated
Pebble Beach is NOT over rated. I’ve never met a golfer who didn’t have great things to say about their experience there. Are you a golfer? Have you played it? I last played there in June with a friend who was playing it for the 1st time. He kept going on and on and on about how blown away he was to finally play there. Over rated my a$$.

Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Pebble Beach is NOT over rated. I’ve never met a golfer who didn’t have great things to say about their experience there. Are you a golfer? Have you played it? I last played there in June with a friend who was playing it for the 1st time. He kept going on and on and on about how blown away he was to finally play there. Over rated my a$$.
multiple times. Its a beautiful course with some phenomenal holes but there are literally better golf courses on the peninsula if you are after something other than the view. If you just want the view, by all means its a fantastic place and every golfer should play it at least once.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
multiple times. Its a beautiful course with some phenomenal holes but there are literally better golf courses on the peninsula if you are after something other than the view. If you just want the view, by all means its a fantastic place and every golfer should play it at least once.

They actually played Monterey Peninsula Country Club yesterday, not Pebble.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
They actually played Monterey Peninsula Country Club yesterday, not Pebble.

Hasso couldn't get them onto Cypress? SMH. I used to play golf competively in HS and was gonna play college before I f***ed up my back which prevented me from doing so. Pebble is a great course but I enjoyed Spyglass more as well as Spanish Bay. Poppy is actually my favorite, strangely, of courses in that area.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
This may have been suggested already but... How about the Leafs as trading partners for the Sharks? Leafs need NHL defensemen and they have a lot of good forwards... Anyone that would be useful in a trade for Braun+ ?

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
This may have been suggested already but... How about the Leafs as trading partners for the Sharks? Leafs need NHL defensemen and they have a lot of good forwards... Anyone that would be useful in a trade for Braun+ ?

The only thing we'd really want in a trade for Braun that improves our team THIS year would be a high end, proven, #3C. Kadri from the Leafs might fit the bill, but they need him themselves, and are highly unlikely to part with him for Braun. I don't think they'd make good trading partners.

Oh wait, I know! They have this old guy who used to play center on their team, only has 1 more year on his contract after this season. Lets see if they'd do a Braun for Marleau swap? :sarcasm:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Radil?

Radil is still waiver exempt. Which may mean he'd be a guy to be recalled for injury this season. (Moreso than say Goodrow who would have to clear waivers to be assigned to AHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad