Pre-Game Talk: Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Where is Hank? And what had he been doing other than taking care if his little baby? Boy I can see him pulling a groin and having it effect the entire season.

He's probably out shopping for Gucci or at a photo shoot.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
after the charity game in AC, hartnell said that hank was already in playoff mode lol

This is what I came to post. If there are any players not in shape then they better be ready to deal with Torts... I would not want to be that guy.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
after the charity game in AC, hartnell said that hank was already in playoff mode lol

He was by far the best player on the ice for that. It was a wide open pond-hockey style game and Hank was making save after save. If that was any indication, I'm not worried.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Nashty:

BABqLGtCIAATbvR.png:large

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers

Torts on Rick Nash: "As anxious as he is, I am double that to get with him and get going here"

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

Rick Nash, according to Torts, will fit in easily, calls him "low-maintenance"

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

The newer players, Torts says, have been told by returnees what to expect in camp and conditioning levels

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers

Torts on Rick Nash: "As anxious as he is, I am double that to get with him and get going here"

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

Rick Nash, according to Torts, will fit in easily, calls him "low-maintenance"

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

The newer players, Torts says, have been told by returnees what to expect in camp and conditioning levels

I think I like the last quote the best

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think we have to worry about Hank. He's a goalie that usually comes prepared right out of the gate. Some goalies struggle in the beginning, like Luongo. Hank will be fine.

Plus, I don't think I've ever heard a player talk more about preparation that Hank.

Hank has had a couple of seasons where he was REALLY slow out of the gate. 1 for sure. 06-07, he started off brutally.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Hank has had a couple of seasons where he was REALLY slow out of the gate. 1 for sure. 06-07, he started off brutally.

Yeah definitely remember that. He's self-admittedly a slow started. Seems to have a couple stinkers in those first few games but hits his stride 5-10 games in. Last year the first couple of home games against Toronto and Ottawa I remember he looked off. Safe to say he righted that ship pretty quick.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How happy must Nash have been to pull on that Rangers sweater? Or any non-CBJ sweater for that matter.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah definitely remember that. He's self-admittedly a slow started. Seems to have a couple stinkers in those first few games but hits his stride 5-10 games in. Last year the first couple of home games against Toronto and Ottawa I remember he looked off. Safe to say he righted that ship pretty quick.

Hopefully that doesn't happen this year. We can't afford a slow start. Not with this shortened season. We gotta hit the ground running.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
How happy must Nash have been to pull on that Rangers sweater? Or any non-CBJ sweater for that matter.

:laugh: Agreed 2k2. But judging by his interview he seems more happy that it's a rangers uniform. The guy sounded like a little kid on christmas. He just wants to play with everyone on this team.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Anyone have any guesses as to who may be brought in to camp on a tryout? My guesses:

Jesse Winchester
Kristian Huselius
Radek Dvorak
Mike Commodore

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Finally get to see Nash in a Rangers jersey on the ice. It's a practice jersey, but still. I'm so excited to see what this team can do with Nash. Like a kid on Christmas.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
It will be interesting to see how quickly the Rangers and the rest of the league's teams integrate their new faces with an abbreviated training camp and shortened schedule.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Do not like these changes for Rupp and Stralman. Annoying numbers now for both. Just doesn't fit for me.

Much less annoying than Fedotenko taking Christensen's 26 while he was still on the team, though.

Amazingly, appears NHL 13 had the scoop on this cause I noticed yesterday both numbers had changed and wondered the reason behind it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Toronto and Ottawa he was bad, but the first few games he was good. I'm not sure if last year was a good example. A couple of bad games early doesn't mean early slump. Lately he hasn't been bad early in the season. There was also some Decembers when he was bad. Last year it was March-April. Thankfully he came back to life in the playoffs. Wasn't great in the Devils series though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad