Value of: Trading down on Kapanen

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Interest in Madison Bowey (RHD, $1 million/year through 2019-20, then ARB eligible RFA) and a lesser prospect or non-first round pick?

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to keep him and Dubas does too. I just think if you're looking at cap casualties, would you rather have Nylander or Kapanen and Johnsson for roughly the same price?
Nylander. Ainec.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm sure it's been discussed a lot already but what was everyone saying about something around Kadri and either Pesce or Hamilton?

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
I think a deal around Kapanen and Kadri for Pesce, Walmark and a 2nd would be good value for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Hurricanes can help out the Leafs with their cap situation, which will allow Toronto to keep gritty players like Brown. I know he's valuable to Leaf fans because they talk him up so much.
This is crazy! If the Leafs were sellers, and Kadri was on the market, what would a #2 C with a 4.5 mill cap hit bring in? If the ask for Hayes as a rental is a 1st and possibily + than Kadri is bringing in this package alone. "Keep gritty players like Brown?" Do you understand the concept of getting better going into the post season?

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
I think a deal around Kapanen and Kadri for Pesce, Walmark and a 2nd would be good value for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Hurricanes can help out the Leafs with their cap situation, which will allow Toronto to keep gritty players like Brown. I know he's valuable to Leaf fans because they talk him up so much.
This is horrible value for the Leafs. The 2 players going to the canes are arguably the 2 best players in the trade. The 2nd comes nowhere near to making up the difference

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Well given that he hadn't even proven himself as a full time NHL-er before this season started and fast forwarded to now where he's proven himself as a top 6 forward....ya I'd say his value has most certainly sky rocketed. And give me a break with the "as long as he's with Matthews" nonsense. That's just a lazy uninformed opinion that people like to throw around in an attempt to diminish Kapanen. Do yourself a favor and try watching a game and you'll see Kapanen create multiple offensive chances on his own using nothing but his speed; he's not out there tapping in empty netters from Matthews to get all his points.
Take off those ugly leaf coloured glasses. Hes only a 40 point player as long as he is with one of the highest paid players in the league. Drop him to the 3rd line and hes not far off from last year.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Kapanen’s value suddenly going up reminds me of how ‘valuable’ Abdelkader suddenly became when he became a fixture on Datsyuk’s wing.

Don’t make the same mistake Leafs. Kapanen isn’t a core guy or important piece in the long run. And people saying to move Nylander before him??!? Talk about short-sighted. Kapanen is a great second tier player but those are the guys you part with and replace in the draft, not commit to. Just don’t fall into the trap of paying to keep second tier replaceable guys.

That’s such a terrible comparison...Kapanen is doing what it took Abdelkader like 6 full seasons to do lol

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Kappy the next Abdelkader? we lucked out they are so similar production wise its amazing.

Abdelkader: break out season 51 point pace season, 27 years old
Kapanen: break out season 50 point season, 22 years old

10/10 comparison.

to add, that was Abdelkaders best pace of is career too, career high of 44 points, only ever hit or paced for 40 once again later and thats it. all in his late 20's..

That was just an atrocious comparison lol

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Kapanen is much younger, and WORLDS better than Abdelkader, the comparison is completely laughable

That’s such a terrible comparison...Kapanen is doing what it took Abdelkader like 6 full seasons to do lol

You guys totally misunderstood my point. I’m not trying to compare Kapanen and Abdelkader as players. What I’m comparing is how both were lower lineup guys who suddenly took off when placed next to a superstar and suddenly people started thinking they were more than they are. Kapanen is good, but replaceable and it’d be a huge mistake if the Leafs went all Ken Holland and started handing out big contracts (like Helm, Abdelkader, Dekeyser, Ericsson) to keep replaceable players. If Dubas opens the bank to keep Gardiner, for example, that would be a horrible sign of things to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad